Anyone listen in "Beaner and Ken" in B'ham?

MDM4AU

AuNuma1:

I got an e-mail from them today that said they don't have a start date yet. Here are a few lines from the message:

Ken and I have re-relaunched our show, we are

on in New York, and soon we will once again be back on in Alabama!!!  I

don't have a start date for you yet, but as soon as we can get all our

hamsters running on the same wheel, we'll fire it up for you.  We have

suckered, I mean struck a deal with Citadel Broadcasting that puts our

show on into syndication.  That means we will be on in both Syracuse

and Birmingham to start, and if that goes well, who knows?

...Some people have expressed concern to me that the show will change and

not be as focused on the issues that effect Birmingham, and so to those

people I say, "Don't worry Vulcan, you will still have a job."

Seriously, I think we can have some great Red State Vs. Blue State fun,

and this time the war really WILL be civil!  More to the point, I think

it is a wonderful thing that a show born in Birmingham can be spread to

other markets and hopefully shine a positive spotlight on the city and

its wonderful people...

...Returning to the X, to the station where Ken and I first worked

together, the place that put us on the map, the place where I

discovered that KY doesn't always mean Kentucky, the place where it

really all began for us is a rare gift for a simple broadcaster like

me, and I hope that you'll listen as we return to finish what we

started on the X all those years ago.  However, in order for this to

work, I am really going to need your help.  We will be more "Desperate

for Ratings" than ever! ...

They will be on 95X in Syracuse and 100.5 in Birmingham. He didn't mention Tuttle and Kline.

Get the word out!

Are there any "Beaner and Ken" fans on this board?  (107.7 The X and Z100.5)

151635[/snapback]

What is Z100.5 's website? I already know 107.7's

I happen to like both radio stations.

The problem is...that now they are the same station...what is 1077 gonna be after the switchover? I mean i need another country/oldies/classic rock station like i need a hole in the head.

151635[/snapback]

151790[/snapback]

Z100 - WANZ

Heard on the radio this morning that Tuttle/Kline/Gooch are signing off this Friday (think they announced it last Friday).

This whole thing sucks because I really liked z100. Turn on 107.7 around 5pm and you'll get that Luka witch trying to be some love doctor...completely uninteresting and definitely not funny. Tuttle/Kline weren't that great either. Just play the music people!! <_<

Was it Beaner and Ken or Tuttle/Kline who said only gay men drove PT Cruiser's and proclaimed the PT Cruiser the Official Automobile of Gay America?

I can't STAND Luka. (or as she pronounces it...LUKER) She got booted from 1077 a few years back for inappropriate behavior. Now they got her on an AFTERNOON TALK SHOW? Im with you numa...just play music. Good god, we have to listen to talk radio in the morning...i dont want to hear her crap when im driving home.

I was wondering what happened to them...I listen to JOX-690AM during football season and recently tuned in to 100.5 and they were gone....good to hear...they can go overboard on some things but i like them

151635[/snapback]

151790[/snapback]

Z100 - WANZ

151811[/snapback]

Thanks, I really appreciate it :thumbsup:

I have worked at 103 and 107. I was at 103 when Luka was there. The only thing real about her (believe it or not) is her accent. There were rumors about that that just weren't true. She screwed me big-time on one of my accounts with a live remote. Long story, but she went behind my back for more $$ from the client then made me out to be the bad guy. She is difficult to work with and a major "prima donna." I got an offer from 107 and left.

I worked with Beaner and Ken just before they left The X for DC. Contract negotiations broke down and they moved on. The old GM at Citadel Broadcasting went to Z100 and got them back. He left Z100 and went back to Citadel, B&K's contract came up and in the middle of negotiations Z100 pulled them off the air. They still had about a month or so left on the contract. Syracuse made a big offer and they worked it out to be simulcast there on 95X and 107.7 The X.

They can get a little carried away sometimes but they are great to work with and hilarious to be around. Both can be a bit geeky at times, but they really are great guys. Beaner is extremely intelligent.

I hate that they are not going to be "physically" in Birmingham, but I am glad they will at least be on the air.

Luka sucks. First, she's not attractive at all. Second...she does seem seriously fake. I dont understand why people dig her so much.

So I dont understand why guys call in all the time talking about how hot she is.

I heard she was from friggin Albertville...any truth to that?

151994[/snapback]

No. As much as I dislike the woman, I have met her family and know that they (and she) are originally from across the "Pond." I used to know the name of her home town, but I can't recall it at this time.

Archived