Trump will pardon Scooter Libby

AUDub

This is a signal of some sort, either to Comey or his staff. Just don't think his closest advisors have thought this through. 

https://www.emptywheel.net/2018/04/12/the-libby-pardon-trumps-object-lesson-in-presidential-firewalls/

12 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Who would you like to see?

Hard to say.  I could have lived with just about any of the other candidates in the GOP primary over him.  Although in hindsight Ben Carson seems like he'd have been a disaster in a different way and Rick Perry comes off as a boob.

Without knowing who'd even consider it it's difficult.  My favorite last time was Kasich.  I still think he'd make an excellent president.  I like Nikki Haley.  Hell, even with some of his eccentric libertarian tendencies I'd back Rand Paul.

On 4/17/2018 at 5:37 AM, TitanTiger said:

Hard to say.  I could have lived with just about any of the other candidates in the GOP primary over him.  Although in hindsight Ben Carson seems like he'd have been a disaster in a different way and Rick Perry comes off as a boob.

Without knowing who'd even consider it it's difficult.  My favorite last time was Kasich.  I still think he'd make an excellent president.  I like Nikki Haley.  Hell, even with some of his eccentric libertarian tendencies I'd back Rand Paul.

Kasich seems like a clear choice for the Republican party. I'm not a Republican, but I think Kasich and Rubio were the only legit choices in this modern time. The rest of that pool of candidates were horrible in their own unique ways. And the worst one in the bunch ended up winning. Crazy world we live in.

I tell you what, I like Nikki Haley's backbone.  On the heels of the Syria bombings she was on the various Sunday political shows and mentioned that sanctions against Russia for their backing of Assad were forthcoming.  Haley is known as a detail person who understands what the administration is doing and is not one to speak without knowing what she's saying is correct.  Well, the Trump admin started walking back talk of the Russia sanctions Monday and Tuesday and yesterday they stepped in it big time with her, suggesting that Haley had been confused as to whether those sanctions were definite or just being discussed as a possibility.  

From CNN:

Washington (CNN) A consensus emerged Tuesday at the White House and Mar-a-Lago about how to clean up the administration's suddenly muddled plans to crack down on Russia: Blame Nikki Haley.

Several administration officials said the US ambassador to the United Nations got ahead of President Donald Trump's decision-making when she hit the Sunday talk show circuit and said the US would level new sanctions the next day targeting Russian companies that facilitated the Syrian regime's chemical weapons program. The sanctions have yet to come.

"She got ahead of the curve," National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow told reporters on Tuesday near the President's Florida estate, a day after a report claiming Trump "put the brakes" on plans for new Russia sanctions. "She's done a great job, she's a very effective ambassador. There might have been some momentary confusion about that."

Haley struck back with a stunning statement later in the day that opened a new rift in the administration and raised questions about the White House's explanation of her comments.

"With all due respect, I don't get confused," she said in a statement obtained by CNN's Jake Tapper. 

A White House official said Kudlow apologized to Haley for saying that she might have been confused.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/17/politics/nikki-haley-russia-sanctions/index.html

Woman's a little badass.  I like it.

Archived