Has a QB ever regressed as bad as Stidham

ChltteTiger

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hopefully I wasn't the only one asking the TV why Gus was trying to murder his QB. 

Gus, IMO, did not like SW for some reason (people will suggest it was his lifestyle).  When it was obvious JJ6 couldn’t handle the pressure, Gus started SW in the 2015 MSU game.  As per usual, we streaked down the field on the opening possession until SW threw that interception.  We have a vanilla offense the rest of the game. During our bye week that year (two weeks after) Gus opens up the QB competition.  SW is asked to prove himself again and remains the starter.  He gets hurt in the OM game that year, but Gus decides to play him in the 2015 UGA game for 3 series.  He was not able to perform (not murder, but man slaughter), but Gus left him in there until he fumbled under heavy pressure.

2016 SW was named the starter, but we had the Clemson 5 QB Monty.  SW had to share the QB duties until the 4th game when RL finally convinced Gus SW should start.  So, he survived the JFIII coup and became the starter until he was hurt in the OM game.  Then UGA 2016 happened.

2017 and JS is the starter and SW is the backup, Gus states SW “is taking it well”.  Gus suspends SW for two games starting that season (2 other players we only suspended 1 game), so he is not available for the Clemson game (sure could have used him).  The third/forth game, when we are ahead of whom we are playing, Gus puts in MW as QB and skips over SW.  That night SW is found in front of the Auburn Police Department under the influence.  Text book on how to destroy a QB.  :rant:

Before anybody asks; NO I”M NOT BITTER.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Gus, IMO, did not like SW for some reason

Hahaha, I actually posted those exact words in 2016 and people lost their minds. I was getting PMs and stuff. All I meant was that, as you said, Gus didn't agree with how Sean behaved off the field. And I subsequently heard enough from here and there that I begrudgingly had to take Gus's side on the issue. As far as on the field, though, it couldn't be more evident that Gus was doing everything in his power not to let Sean start. Like you said, that Clemson debacle, the JFIII debacle, etc. He clearly didn't want Sean on that field. (Until that Vandy game when he had to put a very hurt White in after halftime...) Right or wrong, Sean was never treated like a starter. You're totally right. 

Didn't Stidhamean undergo off season shoulder surgery? I've thought this has caused him to alter his mechanics, which in turn have caused his accuracy problems. I know his OL couldn't stop wet toilet paper from blowing through and add this to the rest of the offensive problems and it's no wonder Stidham's is anywhere.but in the game.

Archived