Favorite Cities

deepseas

You argue this point like you argue everything else...you have zero backing for your claims. You can have an opinion all you want. But if you are unable to articulate WHY you formed said opinion...it really makes you look ignorant. Im not calling you ignorant...im just saying, for sake of discussion, itd be great to know WHY you formed such a strong opinion.

Savannah is really nice. I've heard Charleston is very similar.

New Orleans is probably cool if you don't go there as a tourist and avoid the wrong places.

I almost went to Memphis and have heard it is awesome. Wasn't overly impressed with nashville, stayed at the opryland hotel.

I have to go with the Pensacola/Gulf Breeze area as my favorite - 5 minutes from the beach and you can actually afford to live there!

I totally agree with y'all on the Orange Beach/Gulf Shores deal. Funny what a difference 5 miles makes :)

Worst place in the south??? there IS a worst place in the south???

War Tim - c'mon!!! Birmingham.. OR... Trenton, NJ? ;)

I have never been to Trenton. (I have visited other cities in NJ, but not Trenton.)

bamaham is, in MY opinion bg <_< , pathetic. What makes in even worse is all those that would "prop it up" when there is no justification. :D

I have lived within a 60 mile radius of bamaham for most of my life. It was ONCE a fairly nice place, but that was many-many years ago.(Back in the '60s-70's) I do not think there is even a possibility of salvaging it any more. Hoover is okay. (and the powers that be in Hoover are working on their City everyday.)

Again, bamaham is an armpit. Even Montgomery is better. (And I am not a fan of that City either!)

p.s. Note to bg: This is MY opinion. Nobody, besides you, asked that I explain it.

You like bamaham. Good for you! :P

Yeah, WarTim you're right...

I think all short people are stupid. Sound like an off the wall comment? That's fine...its just my opinion...i dont have to back it up with any facts...or any reasoning WHY i feel that way. I just do. And I think 80 year olds are better athletes that 20 year olds. Just my opinion though. Don't ask me WHY I think it...or ill get offended.

:P

Yeah, WarTim you're right...

I think all short people are stupid. Sound like an off the wall comment? That's fine...its just my opinion...i dont have to back it up with any facts...or any reasoning WHY i feel that way. I just do. And I think 80 year olds are better athletes that 20 year olds. Just my opinion though. Don't ask me WHY I think it...or ill get offended.

:P

156640[/snapback]

Typical uat reply. No fact I could give would change your "bear still lives!" mind.

Again, just to refresh your memory, bamaham is the armpit of the state.

Have a great day! :D

I'm just about 6'4". Short people ARE stupid. :big:

JK :D

I am so partial to the beach that you could drop me off anywhere on the Florida Gulf Coast and I'd be happy as a clam...literally. Can't get the Mrs. to see it my way though. Oh well, just gotta' hope I hit the lottery one day and can afford a place around Seaside or Destin.

I'm just about 6'4".  Short people ARE stupid.  :big:

JK :D

I am so partial to the beach that you could drop me off anywhere on the Florida Gulf Coast and I'd be happy as a clam...literally.  Can't get the Mrs. to see it my way though.  Oh well, just gotta' hope I hit the lottery one day and can afford a place around Seaside or Destin.

156733[/snapback]

A family friend owns a condo on the far west end of the beach in, of all places, Panama City. We have been vacationing there for the past 6 Summers.( Three pools-tennis courts-sauna-manicured landscape-deck in rear and off of master bedroom.)

That far down the beach, we are able to avoid most of the "hoopla". I was afraid of the beach being "owned" by the teenagers that usually are all over PCB, but that has not been the case thus far. If there is a more beautiful beach in this Country, I would like to know about it ! ! ! :D

WT, this thread already has me pulling up vacation rental web sites and planning a vacation. We've always stayed at Marriott Bay Point Resort in P.C. (I've got an inside track on some discount rates :big: ) I love staying there because you're "At the beach" but you're away from all the craziness you referred to.

Lately, we've been staying more around the west end and Highway 30-A. That place has developed like crazy but it's still more family oriented and hasn't been taken over by teenagers and spring breakers.

Alright, I gotta' get out of this office, get to the gym, shed about 15 lbs., get a tan... :D

WT, this thread already has me pulling up vacation rental web sites and planning a vacation.  We've always stayed at Marriott Bay Point Resort in P.C. (I've got an inside track on some discount rates :big: )  I love staying there because you're "At the beach" but you're away from all the craziness you referred to. 

Lately, we've been staying more around the west end and Highway 30-A.  That place has developed like crazy but it's still more family oriented and hasn't been taken over by teenagers and spring breakers. 

Alright, I gotta' get out of this office, get to the gym, shed about 15 lbs., get a tan... :D

156753[/snapback]

I "hear ya'" Esquire! My lovelly Bride has already got me set up to make a few trips to the tanning booth.(I can't stand the beds, the booths are fine.)

As for losing a few ponds, I have dropped 10 pounds in the past two weeks. I would not suggest the stress that did it for me. :lol:

Just think, it will be time to call the NIP before ya' know it! :au:

Did I mention that every time a toilet flushes in Ensley, the water level rizes in bamaham?

:lol::lol::lol:

While I agree that Birmingham is not what it used to be, I still love the view of downtown (especially at night) and Red Mountain when hitting the top of the hill on I-20/59 northbound just prior to malfunction junction. For me, a man that has lived roughly 95% of the past 25 years away from the great state, that view always assurred my soul that I was home.

My favorite southern city is Maggie Valley, NC. If I ever decide to settle down outside the state of Alabama, it will be here.

Worst is a toss-up between Gulfport Mississippi and Montgomery.

Archived