Avery Johnson and Bama working on a buyout.

GwillMac6

Sounds like it’s going to be Thad Matta. Dude has an awesome resume but got burnt out and quit recruiting his last few years at OSU. If he’s rejuvenated and passionate again, then it’s a scary hire for us. If he’s just looking for one last fat paycheck and going through the motions (kind of like Tubs did with Texas Tech and Cincy) then it could be pretty bad for Bama

Still think Steve Forbes would be a great hire for them. Not seeing his name a whole lot now though so that’s a good thing. 

Still seeing:

Chris Beard: lol

Kelvin Sampson

Thad Matta (retread)

Rick Pitino (lol)

1 minute ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Sounds like it’s going to be Thad Matta. Dude has an awesome resume but got burnt out and quit recruiting his last few years at OSU. If he’s rejuvenated and passionate again, then it’s a scary hire for us. If he’s just looking for one last fat paycheck and going through the motions (kind of like Tubs did with Texas Tech and Cincy) then it could be pretty bad for Bama

That would be awesome. 

Kelvin Sampson is an interesting name. He plays the recruiting game and is a good coach. The Iron Ball would be one hell of an exciting series if he was at Bama those games would be super fun to watch.

So I hope it's not Sampson.

4 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I am not going to be worried about Sloth coaching in the same state as us lol

matta.png

sloth.jpg

maa.jpg

1 hour ago, AURex said:

If Bama doesn't hire Pitino, I'm not worried.

That is what I am saying. I completely agree. Pitino is the only coach who is attainable and realistic right now  for them that they could hire that is a better coach than Pearl. Anyone else they get? Matta, Prohm etc? Not as good as Pearl. Would those be upgrades over what they had? Of course. But just like with Tom Crean at Georgia they are not as good as Pearl and I would not be worried. 

With scandals rocking the CBB world, Bama would be crazy to hire Pitino.

Some Bama news: Kira Lewis announced hes’s entering the transfer portal and Dazon Ingram is transferring for his last season. 

Add John Petty to the transfer portal.

Bruce certainly has sent that program into a tizzy hasn't he?

giphy.gif

Pretty amazing that just a little under 2 years ago, Bama fans were at their peak. Had Collin Sexton and John Petty coming in, believe they were preseason top 25, and the Boogs had just been hit with the Chuck Person scandal. Fast forward two years, we’ve won two SEC titles, are in the sweet sixteen and their coach is fired and their best players are transferring. It just feels so good

5 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

hahahaha let it burn 

Glad to see him go.  He seemed to light us up a little bit in the T Town games. 

Archived