Fewer substitutions this season could be big for Harold Joiner

StatTiger

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. I think the trick is to keep the players on the field *during a possession* and *use more of them*. Not running the same guys back out there possession after possession and only using a few of them. So what you said.

Gus has to trust his guys to make plays. It will happen this season or we'll have a new coach. 

I’ve been shouting this for years Loof!  It is one of the most basic concepts in the HUNH.   Drives me crazy when we hurry up to the line on first down for a dumb dive play and then sub on 2nd down.  I almost had to go on blood pressure meds the last 2 years.  

On 4/17/2019 at 10:41 AM, gr82be said:

During spring camp, Coach Gus Malzahn spoke of running the offense at a high tempo and the need to limit substitution. He noted opposing teams were able to counter Auburn’s substitutions with different personnel groupings, which defeated Auburn’s intent of substituting specific players to execute individual plays.

Please, yes, please! 🙏

He spoke of opposition  teams limiting the effectiveness by changing personnel groupings well duh, what does he expect.  When a coach makes substitutions then he should expect the opposing DC to counter.  The reason for our substitutions not working is that gus sends them in to run one specific play instead of giving the offense a package of plays to run based on opposing defenses alignment and coverage.  Gus is clueless at this level of competition.

42 minutes ago, James Howell said:

Gus is clueless at this level of competition.

This is just ridiculous to say!

On 4/27/2019 at 2:06 PM, toddc said:

This is just ridiculous to say!

On 4/27/2019 at 4:06 PM, James Howell said:

Ad hominem attack without support.

Hey, take that back. Todd is not a homo

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Hey, take that back. Todd is not a homo

Please don’t defend me! Not cool.

Archived