Phillip Phulmer Phlips!

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major
Good move. I actually applaud him for it.

156762[/snapback]

Me, too. I was surprised by the news. Phillip must be feeling the heat to actually discipline a player instead of just sweeping it under the rug.

I guess the Phat Boy actually has a set after all... can't believe he actually followed thru.

Please, Lord, let our Auburn boys continue to walk on the straight and narrow and not bring embarassment to themselves, their coach or the university this year!!

AMEN!

I hate to hear about any kid potentially ruining his career. But, to whom much is given, MUCH is expected. Even in TN, you gotta' have discipline.

I wonder if this would have happened if Tennessee did not have two quarterbacks who are as good as or better than Schaffer?

156778[/snapback]

Good question. I highly doubt it, but in either case I think this really needed to happen and I'm glad that his Phatness actually disciplined someone for once.

I'm curious to know where he is looking to. Will he go D-II or sit out a year. Think Bama is gonna ask him with all their QB troubles in the past...

I'm curious to know where he is looking to. Will he go D-II or sit out a year. Think Bama is gonna ask him with all their QB troubles in the past...

156793[/snapback]

Ive heard South Florida or UCF.

the only reason hes done is because Ainge, Clausen, and Cromptom coming in will make it impossible for schaeffer to be a QB. They had him returning punts this spring. I'm surprised that he didnt transfer anyways. If they are lucky this will wake up some of their players and maybe they'll at least try and stay out of trouble.

Wasn't Schaeffer already looking to transfer anyway? Maybe Philly boy beat him to it...so to make himself look good in the process.

156768[/snapback]

exactly

The way it is being reported here in Knoxville is that is by mutual agreement that he leave UT's program. To me that sounds like Phat Phil says I kicked him off and Schaeffer says I left so I could be a Quarterback. And yes it has been rumured here since Ainge took over as the starter that Scaeffer would leave UT. the kid has denied he was leaving. But he has also said he wants to play QB and not WR.

Archived