superstitions and rituals (merged threads)

Auctoritas

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn’t call it superstitious by I like to throw in a push em back after penalties and If I’m really feeling good I’ll drop a H O L D hold that line or hit em a lick harder.  Wish the mic man was mic’d up for the whole stadium instead of just the students.  2/3 of the fans miss the cheers.

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

One, I only watch the game by myself in my man cave. The ole ball and chain can bother me at halftime. I always stand for kickoffs, I always touch my old rusty Williams signed jersey and only even numbers on the volume. I know I am weird. 

I don't have to watch by myself but i don't like watching with people who don't understand the nuances of the game. Asking me why you decline a penalty or why you foul at the end of a basketball game when you're trailing by a handful of points, why you take a double play over giving up one run in middle of a game. Questions like that just ruin the moment. 

Well, this year I won't be drinking bourbon and making homemade corndogs ...... I think that let to the downfall last year. Sorry everyone :(

Other than that it might be going to the gym early in the day to prevent myself from being a nervous wreck. It worked well for basketball.

5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

With me it’s my shirt lol. If we win I’ll wear it next week if not I won’t wear it on game day the rest of the year. Just don’t want to jinx the team 🤣

You must have bought a lot of shirts in 2012. 

I call my best friend within an hour of kickoff. Can’t talk until AFTER the game. Only exception is if we attend together. Hey...whatever works...

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

I don't have to watch by myself but i don't like watching with people who don't understand the nuances of the game. Asking me why you decline a penalty or why you foul at the end of a basketball game when you're trailing by a handful of points, why you take a double play over giving up one run in middle of a game. Questions like that just ruin the moment. 

I made the mistake of not watching the final four game by myself..never again. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

You must have bought a lot of shirts in 2012. 

I did 🙁. I don’t throw them away just won’t use them on game day . If I’m at home I have been known to change at halftime. For the record my percentage of positive has not proven to be good. Thinking about wearing my new Final Four shirt Saturday. What do y’all think ?

33 minutes ago, IndianTiger said:

This year is going to be different for me, son is going off to college (Michigan), he grew up an Auburn fan, in fact 2010 was his first full season watching. Got spoilt that year:-) . We played Michigan about 20 yrs ago, will it happen this year?

Congratulations, though. :) It's a great school, particularly in my field. Much respect and good luck to him!

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Absolutely by myself at the crib. I can’t stand the chatter about other stuff , I yell, I pace and I also hate when people parrot what just happened especially when it is against Auburn lol. I don’t need to hear you say two or three times we fumbled or threw an interception , I lived it!! Or ask me 5 times why Gus called that play 

To each their own. I need company for commiserating.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

To each their own. I need company for commiserating.

After the game sure, but during the game, I will pass. 

16 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

We're undefeated when my wife is pregnant.

Wow, I wish the Duggar family were Auburn fans. 

59 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I don't have any pregame superstitions but if I can ever find out what the LSU fans do before our game I want to copy it. 

1. Do you have access to chickens

2. How are you with blood

I may have the most complicated routine every time, but hey it makes me happy and I will roll with it.  The Thursday, Friday, and Saturday leading up to every game, I have certain (clean) Auburn colored boxers that I wear.  Flags must go on the car no later than Friday.  On gameday (basketball too) I have to be wearing my class ring the entire day.  Before I leave for Auburn (or before I watch the game at home if it is an an away game), I must watch at least three hype videos on loud to replicate being in the stadium.  While in the car, "We Takin' Over" has to play at least once.  I must be in my seat no later than 1 hour before kickoff.  No exceptions.  Already RSVP'd "No" to at least one wedding because it falls on a home game.  Not missing a game, even for my own funeral.  Once the players take the field, whatever shaker I have chosen for the game must stay in constant contact with me.  Even when I need both hands it must go in my pocket.  I also do not leave my seat until the game is over, no matter the score.  I have even passed a 4 mm kidney stone while in my seat once last year.  Didn't get up.  Thunderstorms against Arkansas 2014?  Didn't move.  Torrential downpour against West Virginia in 2009?  Didn't move.  I did move Southern Miss last year due to thunderstorms because a police officer had a discussion with me.  May have shed a tear but you couldn't tell due to me being soaked.

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I may have the most complicated routine every time, but hey it makes me happy and I will roll with it.  The Thursday, Friday, and Saturday leading up to every game, I have certain (clean) Auburn colored boxers that I wear.  Flags must go on the car no later than Friday.  On gameday (basketball too) I have to be wearing my class ring the entire day.  Before I leave for Auburn (or before I watch the game at home if it is an an away game), I must watch at least three hype videos on loud to replicate being in the stadium.  While in the car, "We Takin' Over" has to play at least once.  I must be in my seat no later than 1 hour before kickoff.  No exceptions.  Already RSVP'd "No" to at least one wedding because it falls on a home game.  Not missing a game, even for my own funeral.  Once the players take the field, whatever shaker I have chosen for the game must stay in constant contact with me.  Even when I need both hands it must go in my pocket.  I also do not leave my seat until the game is over, no matter the score.  I have even passed a 4 mm kidney stone while in my seat once last year.  Didn't get up.  Thunderstorms against Arkansas 2014?  Didn't move.  Torrential downpour against West Virginia in 2009?  Didn't move.  I did move Southern Miss last year due to thunderstorms because a police officer had a discussion with me.  May have shed a tear but you couldn't tell due to me being soaked.

4mm kidney stone!??

Unbelievable.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

1. Do you have access to chickens

2. How are you with blood

We actually did have a couple of chickens for a while but gave them away last summer. I couldn't have done it. They were Golden Comets, they follow you around like dogsbasically pets. Blood doesn't bother me unless it's mine, at that point I start to become concerned. I was actually hoping it wasn't Voodoo related but I temporarily forgot what type of fans we were dealing with. Just tired of them having our number. 

Just now, gr82be said:

Just tired of them having our number.

It's really frustrating. 

I think I'll make gumbo and buy some LA beer for the game this year. 

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Fan of the year or even decade stuff right there. Dude. 

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

4mm kidney stone!??

Unbelievable.

Went to the emergency room after the game BUT I made it through the game...

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Went to the emergency room after the game BUT I made it through the game...

abw trying to set passing records in his own right!

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Fan of the year or even decade stuff right there. Dude. 

I knew you guys/gals were craving the "My Thoughts From the Stadium" thread so I had to stay.  Took one for the forum.  :laugh:

New hat prior to season

Shower first thing in the morning

3 cups of coffee

First beer gets cracked during kickoff

we win, switch to rum (rum's for winners)

we lose, stay with beer

we're like 0-13 when "married time" happens prior to kick off (sorry, i'll never not make that mistake)

and I think we're undefeated when I'm not in the country. (6-0 if not mistaken)

Archived