The Great Republican

Shug2003

Just as many democrats who were "sick and tired" of the old Democratic party and their positons on such issues as abortion, prayer in schools, dissent judges on the supreme court, and other "left" issues, I am totally disappointed with the Republican party!!!

After years of hoping, praying, and voting, I have become convinced that there is not really much difference between the demos and the pubs. The only difference is the pubs USE the moral approach to GET ELECTED and then do NOTHING! Demos use it and get defeated! The only difference is LIES on the part of the pubs. If this nation ever has a chance, it will be based upon some candidates who run on a platform that is sincere, loyal, and will be represented and enforced once they are eleted to their respective postions. I really don't care anymore whether they are democrat or republican -- just do it true! :angry:

liberals...."Nature's quitters". :)

Shug, where's the lie? Please, offer up just ONE lie from the GOP.

Post a specific lie, and I'll read w/ an open mind.

Raptor, you know by now that the demoncrats and their supporters don't deal in specifics. Generalizations are much easier to spout and require no research on the part of the whiner. And those sympathetic to the cause will believe them anyway; those of us who know better will search out the truth and discredit any "facts" they present. (do a google on Dan Rather's retirement). So let them whine and accuse; that's what they do best.

Raptor, you know by now that the demoncrats and their supporters don't deal in specifics.  Generalizations are much easier to spout and require no research on the part of the whiner.  And those sympathetic to the cause will believe them anyway; those of us who know better will search out the truth and discredit any "facts" they present.  (do a google on Dan Rather's retirement).  So let them whine and accuse; that's what they do best.

157554[/snapback]

As was quoted, " If you repeat a life often enough..." . Well, the Dems have taken this gem one step further.... they don't even have to REVEAL the lie, all they've done is SAY that the Right is lying, and say it often enough, and pretty soon folks will start believing them. What they're believing doesn't even have to matter now, just as long as they keep saying ' the Right lies! ' over and over and over.

Simply pathetic. :no:

Raptor, you know by now that the demoncrats and their supporters don't deal in specifics.  Generalizations are much easier to spout and require no research on the part of the whiner.  And those sympathetic to the cause will believe them anyway; those of us who know better will search out the truth and discredit any "facts" they present.  (do a google on Dan Rather's retirement).  So let them whine and accuse; that's what they do best.

157554[/snapback]

As was quoted, " If you repeat a life often enough..." . Well, the Dems have taken this gem one step further.... they don't even have to REVEAL the lie, all they've done is SAY that the Right is lying, and say it often enough, and pretty soon folks will start believing them. What they're believing doesn't even have to matter now, just as long as they keep saying ' the Right lies! ' over and over and over.

Simply pathetic. :no:

157695[/snapback]

...then you're Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day?"

...you could theoretically meet everyone who has ever lived.

...you'll get really good at picking up women.

...Microsoft's IPO...'nuff said.

...you may actually witness another Bammer MNC.

...you could dupe a lot of people into buying anti-aging products.

Tiger Al - Just can't bring yourself to show 1 example of said 'lies', can you?

Shocked is what I'm not.

Tiger Al - Just can't bring yourself to show 1 example of said 'lies', can you?

Shocked is what I'm not.

157708[/snapback]

Raptor, it is almost a full time job keeping up with GOP lies. I started an entire thread dedicated to a Karl Rove lie. You responded, so you know it exists and it contains a lie. I've already risen to your challenge long before you even thought about issuing it. Now, why don't you navigate back over to that thread and get to work. Remember, honesty is involved but I think if you try hard enough you can bring yourself...nevermind.

Raptor, it is almost a full time job keeping up with GOP lies. I started an entire thread dedicated to a Karl Rove lie. You responded, so you know it exists and it contains a lie. I've already risen to your challenge long before you even thought about issuing it. Now, why don't you navigate back over to that thread and get to work. Remember, honesty is involved but I think if you try hard enough you can bring yourself...nevermind

Naww.. you've done no such thing. All youv'e done is show the standard Washington double talk that comes w/ the territory. THIS thread tries to lay claim that the GOP alone LIES about this or that, but offers no real proof.

Karl Rove is an unelected strategest. He's the same as James Carville, who can toss out more lies in a minute than you can shake a stick at. Big deal, neither are elected officials.

Now, where are those lies again?

Raptor, it is almost a full time job keeping up with GOP lies. I started an entire thread dedicated to a Karl Rove lie. You responded, so you know it exists and it contains a lie. I've already risen to your challenge long before you even thought about issuing it. Now, why don't you navigate back over to that thread and get to work. Remember, honesty is involved but I think if you try hard enough you can bring yourself...nevermind

Naww.. you've done no such thing. All youv'e done is show the standard Washington double talk that comes w/ the territory. THIS thread tries to lay claim that the GOP alone LIES about this or that, but offers no real proof.

Karl Rove is an unelected strategest. He's the same as James Carville, who can toss out more lies in a minute than you can shake a stick at. Big deal, neither are elected officials.

Now, where are those lies again?

157745[/snapback]

Actually, Rove is the deputy chief of staff for policy. Carville was a campaign manager.

On that other thread, thanks for trying. When you get some gumption try giving it another shot.

Well this pissing contest was entertaining.

157777[/snapback]

Are you ready to declare a winner, or maybe in Raptor's case, a "whiner!" :big:

157777[/snapback]

157785[/snapback]

Meh.

I'm done defending GOP or Bush Adminstration decisions as a kneejerk response. Them being wrong doesn't cause my worldview to crumble. So, I've only been perusing these threads with passing curiosity.

I'm more determined than ever to allow Scripture to shape my politics and not the other way around. Thus, I'm dissatisfied with both parties. So, I don't know who won the argument at hand, but your rejoinder to WarTim was pretty good.

So, I don't know who won the argument at hand, but your rejoinder to WarTim was pretty good.

Sadly for me, I didn't allow Scripture to guide me in that instance. I'll try harder in the future...but I'm sure I'll fall short occasionally! :big:

157777[/snapback]

157785[/snapback]

Or perhaps in Tiger Al's case..a wiener! :poke:

And per Shug's comment -

.... the pubs USE the moral approach to GET ELECTED and then do NOTHING!
I'd have to agree. The GOP reminds me of the French maitre d' in Paris, circa 1940 - " Bonjour, General! Table for 100,000? "

Archived