How honest are you?

Tigermike

Senator Ted Kennedy - "Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law? Or is there one system for the average citizen and another for the high and mighty?" - Senator Ted Kennedy, 1973 -

Remember Chappaquiddick? - Obviously there is a different system for the rich and connectedTed!

How is it that you can plea of guilty to the charge of leaving the scene of an accident in which there is a fatalaty and never spend time in prison? The average citizen would go to jail and not pass GO. Not only was there no jail time, he is still a U.S. Senator.

Senator John Kerry - "I faught in Cambodia!"

Senator Joseph Biden - "I really wrote that!"

President William J. Clinton - "I want to say one thing to the American people. I want you to listen to me ... I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky," Clinton said this on camera during a White House after-school care event with his wife standing by his side.

(To be completely honest, I'd hardly ever expect an ordinary man caught out having an affair to be forthcoming about it but these words were uttered by the President of the United States, publicly, on national and international television.)

Former U.S. Senator, former Vice President Al Gore - "Whenever a chief executive spends prodigious amounts of energy convincing people of lies, he damages the fabric of democracy and the belief in the fundamental integrity of our self-government."

"The debt, which was just ballooning out of control under the previous two administrations, has now been cut by 60 percent." --Al Gore, ABC's "This Week with David Brinkley," August 25 1996

According to statistics released in February, 1996 by the Office of Management and Budget, the gross federal debt for fiscal year 1992 was $4.002 trillion. By fiscal year 1995 it had "ballooned" to $4.921 trillion -- an increase of 23 percent.

"We have downsized the federal government during the last four years by 250,000 people." --Al Gore, ABC's "This Week with David Brinkley," August 25 1996

"President Clinton's plan three years ago to 'reinvent' government and cut the federal work force by nearly 252,000 jobs never mentioned that the military would absorb 75 percent of the cuts." --The Washington Times, August 25 1996

"The only people who will pay more income taxes are the wealthiest 2 percent, those living in households making over $200,000 a year." --Bill Clinton September 8 1992

"There are tax increases for every family making more than $20,000 a year!" --the NY TIMES in an analysis of Clinton's budget

Add to this the fact that the New York Times reported that people earning less than $100,000 per year paid an additional $3 billion dollars in taxes in 1994 as compared to previous years. What happened to the 2% increase that was only supposed to be levied on those making more than $200,000 per year?

So these two gentlemen have a bit of trouble getting their story straight when speaking about public policy and historical events even when it's in the recent past and it was their own policies they're talking about? This makes me wonder what they think other people should do... what kind of leadership do they provide when the chips are down?

Woops... looks to me like they've got a pretty dim view of what other people should do about the truth as well. So this serial adulterer who was impeached by the House of Representatives now says in an interview on the CBS news show 60 Minutes that his impeachment was a "badge of honor". Uhm... is he mentally ill? Wow... and Bill Clinton and Al Gore were the best two men that the Democratic Party could come up with to lead our country? Hmmm... immoral, liars who cheat and have poor memories... do we have a right to expect better of our leadership? You bet we do! Or so I believe!

So that's Clinton and Gore and their "legacy" with a bit of light shed on it. What about those in the Democratic party who are actively seeking office today? Or who are still in office!

A March 18 2004 report delineates a story concerning a relationship between Senator John Kerry and a former Vietnam era anti-war activist associate of his named Al Hubbard. Senator Kerry and Mr. Hubbard appeared on NBC's "Meet the Press" on April 18, 1971. The purpose of their appearance was to argue for an end to the Vietnam war. After the appearance it was revealed that Mr. Hubbard, who had been introduced on the show as a decorated Air Force Captain, was exposed for having exaggerated his military credentials. A separate investigation cast doubt on his having ever served in Vietnam in any capacity. Senator Kerry now says that he has not spoken to Mr. Hubbard since the week of that interview on NBC. But author Gerald Nicosia (a Kerry supporter) says that assertion is wrong.

According to Mr. Nicosia Kerry and Hubbard were together at a November 1971 meeting of Vietnam Veterans Against the War. Now maybe Mr. Kerry's recollection is flawed. That would not be a deliberate lie but simply an error in memory. It was, after all, almost 34 years ago that these events took place but the rest of the story is what makes it look very much like a cover on Mr. Kerry's part.

The thing is, Mr. Nicosia has obtained redacted FBI files which prove that Kerry and Hubbard were both in attendance at this meeting. Hey wait a minute, you say... why was the FBI interested in this? The reason, you see, is that the purpose of the meeting was to discuss a plan to assassinate U.S. senators who were still supporting the war in Vietnam.

Now if I were Mr. Kerry I would not want to be associated with that kind of event and if I was associated with it in any way I wouldn't want anybody to know about it! Mr. Nicosia goes on to say that this was not the only meeting after the NBC news appearance where Mr. Kerry and Mr. Hubbard saw each other. He says there were several.

Senator Kerry continues to dispute that he was in attendance at the meeting where assasination was discussed and Mr. Nicosia says Kerry was there but more importantly so does the Federal Bureau of Investigation! Who is telling the truth? Read the Newsmax story and you decide who to believe. Could Senator Kerry be a liar?

Another story which has been under-reported is Senator Kerry's position on Homosexual marriage. Senator Kerry has claimed that his position on this is the same as that of Vice President Cheney. This is patently untrue and it's borne out by Mr. Kerry's actions. Here's the link.

Senator Kerry also says that he will cut the federal budget deficit in half in four years and yet the National Taxpayers Union says that Senator Kerry's proposals would actually increase the deficit by $2.769 trillion over ten years. What are we supposed to think about this? Will he lie to the voters to cover it up?

There is another form of lieing which is least acceptable of all (in my opinion) and that is lieing in support of a political principle. This is the very thing that Mr. Al Gore is accusing the Bush administration of doing with respect to our nation's involvement in Iraq and it's heinous. The trouble is that while Al Gore is accusing President Bush he is simultaneously supporting a lesser man who has told the same type of lie he's accused President Bush of telling. On Thursday, April 22, 1971 Senator Kerry, then a private citizen testified to congress and his testimony is in the Congressional record. A copy of this testimony is here. An analysis of that testimony is here. I will leave you to form your own opinion but for me this is the end.

John Kerry has disrespected the memory of our valiant dead and those who returned alive from Vietnam in this way simply because he disagreed with government policy on the war. He broke faith with his brothers in arms in a way which is simply unconscionable. He did this while lumping himself into the same category, castigating himself as a war criminal while accusing our government of having illegal policies! Did he have permission from the rest of our veterans who served honorably? I don't care if he was right, I don't care if he was wrong it simply does not matter. A man who would break faith with those he served with in this way is patently unfit to lead anyone, much less the world's only remaining super power and I will NOT VOTE FOR HIM nor have I seen anyone one else in the Democratic party worthy of my vote. It seems that, as a party, the Democrats are incapable of telling the truth and they've gotten so wrapped up in this pattern of lies, deceipt and self delusion that they've lost all sense of honor. Revisionist history and tomes of weighty fiction aside THAT is the lasting legacy of William Jefferson Clinton!

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

I am a white male-conservative republican-husband of one wife-father of two daughters-servant of the one and only true living God-Auburn Man.

That is about as honest as I can be! :au:

Archived