Bowl Game

thewhiz7

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, marine4au said:

ESPN has projected Auburn vs Wisconsin in the Citrus Bowl.

Again? Why would the folks who plan these things pit the same teams against each other in the same decade...outside the playoff, that is? Is there really no choice?  

Isn't Wisconsin the projected B1G Ten runner-up (won their division, lose to tOSU in the conference championship)?  Seems they would rate a better option than citrus bowl, wouldn't they go to Rose Bowl as B1G Ten rep since tOSU would be in the playoffs?

I get that the #2 or #3 in the b1G conference is about the same as the #5 from the SEC but still seems like they would be elsewhere.  If Whisky goes to citrus, who reps B1G in Rose Bowl with tOSU in playoffs?

8 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

Isn't Wisconsin the projected B1G Ten runner-up (won their division, lose to tOSU in the conference championship)?  Seems they would rate a better option than citrus bowl, wouldn't they go to Rose Bowl as B1G Ten rep since tOSU would be in the playoffs?

I get that the #2 or #3 in the b1G conference is about the same as the #5 from the SEC but still seems like they would be elsewhere.  If Whisky goes to citrus, who reps B1G in Rose Bowl with tOSU in playoffs?

Penn State maybe?

I wonder if Derrick and Marlon play in the bowl game?  I’d also give a lot of 1st team Oline practice reps to the guys projected for next year to get the process started.  Auburn shouldn’t limp into this bowl disappointed the way they did in 2014, 2017 so I feel pretty good about 10-3.  Say what you will about those 3 loses but 10 wins is a very good season.

On 11/30/2019 at 7:36 PM, shabby said:

Please please please Citrus with Minnesota

To get a sneak peak of our next head coach? I kid I kid.

I REALLY want Michigan and anywhere near the Panhandle would be nice. 

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wisconsin will be in the rose bowl unless they beat tOSU

ESPN projecting PennState to Rose, assuming tOSU beats Wisky. PSU would be higher ranked non-playoff team in that scenario so they would presumably get Rose Bowl bid

The Gator Bowl isn't until the night of January 2nd. I'd prefer one of the New Year's Day games.

Different topic, but I'll be surprised and disappointed if any of our players duck out on their teammates and skip the bowl game. These seniors don't seem like that sort of person.

If you don't want us to face Wisconsin, give Allen Greene an email @athletic_director@auburn.edu,

My husband sent him an email and he answered, stating he doesnt have the final say. But I bet if enough people let their opinion be known, he would have some ammunition to take to whomever has the final say.

Archived