2021 4* S Kamren Kinchens (Miami)

ellitor

Well the bio says the university of...

Clearly that means it's not us since it's Auburn University 😆 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

My very very amateur opinion is that if he doesn't change his Twitter profile pic to him in a Miami jersey before his commitment then he is coral gables bound. 

Screenshot_20200708-194919.png

One example of this being the opposite was when Pickens had UGA as his cover photo the entire time he was committed to us. Of course the one example happened to us instead of for us. 

8 minutes ago, TheCHF said:

when Pickens had UGA as his cover photo the entire time he was committed to us

It was the last part of his time committed to us. Had it been the whole time @GwillMac6 would have lost his stuff to the point nobody on here would forget.

2021 Auburn DB target announcing on Saturday

By Jason Caldwell

Saturday is decision day for Miami Northwestern 4-star safety prospect Kamren Kinchens with the 2021 standout expected to choose between Miami, Auburn and Texas A&M with an announcement on social media.

Last month Kinchens told Andrew Ivins from 247Sports that those were his final three colleges.

“I’m just praying about it trying to figure out which one,” Kinchens said at the time. “I’m kind of in a bind, I don’t really know where I want to go. All of them are good schools and top programs. I can’t go wrong with any of them, it’s just going to be which one helps me succeed more.”

A true ball hawk at the safety position, the 5-11, 200 Kinchens totaled nine interceptions a season ago for the Bulls and makes plays all over the football field.

That performance has made him a top priority for the Auburn Tigers and DB Coach Wesley McGriff with things ramping up in a big way since the Kinchens made a visit to the Plains in March.

Getting an opportunity to get on campus before the Covid-19 pandemic shut down recruiting visits, Kinchens said that trip really changed his perception of the program and put Auburn squarely on the radar for him.

“It was the coaches and everybody and how they portray the environment and the school,” Kinchens said. “It’s different than anywhere else I’ve ever been. I just like the vibe.”

Asked to describe himself as a player, Kinchens had this to say about what he brings to the table.

“A ball-hawking safety that can come up and make tackles,” he said. “A leader on the field. I’m just everywhere you need me to be. If you need me to come play ‘backer sometimes I can come down and play in the box. If you need me to play nickel and stick the fastest guy I can do that. I can be anywhere at any time.”

Kinchens is currently the nation's No. 20 ranked safety according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. As a junior, he was credited with 74 tackles in addition to the nine interceptions. That's after a sophomore campaign in which he made 76 tackles and picked off four passes while breaking up 12 more.

Currently Auburn has the No. 27 class in the country on 247Sports and the Tigers have four players committed from the State of Florida. That includes 4-star offensive tackle Caleb Johnson, and 3-stars Garner Langlo, Tar'Varish Dawson and Phillip O'Brien Jr..

Kinchens’ announcement is scheduled to take place around 11 a.m. CDT on Saturday.

Tay, who talks recruiting on the JBoy Show & AUC, says his gut pick for Kinchens is AU. Said neither staff, AU or Miami, has been informed yet. Tight battle.

35 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Could Kinchens be the domino AU needs?

Not sure we would take both Kinchens & Harvey. We already have one safety commit in Philip O’Brien.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure we would take both Kinchens & Harvey. We already have one safety commit in Philip O’Brien.

True. I just found it interesting since Miami isn’t in it for Harvey and AU is the only other place they could play together 

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

They want O’Brien at safety at the next level?

JBoy just texted out a prediction for Kinchens to Miami and called it a lock FWIW.

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Damn! I wonder what made Tay change his prediction. He picked Auburn this morning on 247.

21 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

They want O’Brien at safety at the next level?

@Sizzle Yes. Keith and JLee have been saying safety for a while. My apologies for not updating his position in his thread title & the OP in the 2021 recruiting thread.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Damn! I wonder what made Tay change his prediction. He picked Auburn this morning on 247.

FYI, Tay did NOT change his prediction. He said on 247 that he doesn’t know why he was included in that tweet. I think people everywhere are hearing conflicting things, including JBoy and everyone around him. Not saying it won’t be Miami just saying not sure anyone knows outside of the Kinchens family.

38 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

FYI, Tay did NOT change his prediction. He said on 247 that he doesn’t know why he was included in that tweet. I think people everywhere are hearing conflicting things, including JBoy and everyone around him. Not saying it won’t be Miami just saying not sure anyone knows outside of the Kinchens family.

Neither does dukes. I’d still say Miami if I had to bet 

31 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Tay did NOT change his prediction.

@tigerbrotha12 Yes he did on AUC. Both below are from his thread on AUC

I have a gut feeling AU will be the pick

He later posted this and I’m glad somebody quoted in a reply because he deleted his original post…

Luh_Tay1 said... (original post)

Think Miami will be the pick here. Did some digging.

41 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Neither does dukes. I’d still say Miami if I had to bet 

Dukes likely get that from Keith for what it’s worth. Same thing Keith said an hour or two earlier than that tweet.

He loved both but the deciding factor was small town life vs city life and he’s from south Florida so that’s an easy call for him....

3 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

the deciding factor was small town life vs city life

@Sizzle Where did you hear that was a pro for Miami? Keith and Tay have been saying for a while that one of the things that was in Auburn’s favor was that he had a small town personality where there weren’t so many distractions as there would be in Miami.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* S Kamren Kinchens (Miami)
16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Sizzle Where did you hear that was a pro for Miami? Keith and Tay have been saying for a while that one of the things that was in Auburn’s favor was that he had a small town personality where there weren’t so many distractions as there would be in Miami.

These guys are going to where the money is and more opportunities outside football 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

These guys are going to where the money is and more opportunities outside football 

Name, image, and likeness $$$ is gonna be hard to recruit against.

On pass plays, it looks like our DB's and LB's seem to wait for the ball carrier to come to us instead of guys going after the ball carrier. Am I right or am I off base.

Archived