The Hypocrisy of Ted Cruz

AUFriction

In 2016, Ted Cruz called out Trump as a pathological liar and a narcissist. He's now the lawyer representing his interests in the supreme court. It is just insane how these politicians have flipped. 

10 hours ago, AUFriction said:

In 2016, Ted Cruz called out Trump as a pathological liar and a narcissist. He's now the lawyer representing his interests in the supreme court. It is just insane how these politicians have flipped. 

Pretty astounding how our elected officials prioritize party discipline over principle. While there is plenty of things I disagree with libertarians on, I find common ground in my lack of trust in federal level politicians. Their skin in the game isn't in serving the country's best interests, or even that of their voters, but rather their own. They give lip service to their nominal constituents, but mostly serve their financial donors with the policies they implement.

My attempt here is not to defend Cruz or Trump, but it certainly may appear to be such. A lawyer defending a pathological liar is unavoidable if a pathological liar is going to get legal representation (to which he/she has a constitutional right). Cruz isn't a hypocrite for representing a pathological liar--he is a hypocrite for using this for purely political purposes.

16 hours ago, Grumps said:

My attempt here is not to defend Cruz or Trump, but it certainly may appear to be such. A lawyer defending a pathological liar is unavoidable if a pathological liar is going to get legal representation (to which he/she has a constitutional right). Cruz isn't a hypocrite for representing a pathological liar--he is a hypocrite for using this for purely political purposes.

I was more thinking of it this way. 4 years ago, he said that Trump lies whenever his mouth is open. Now, as Trump is clearly lying about voter fraud, he agreed to go to court to back Trump's lies as if they are true. 

On 12/12/2020 at 9:55 AM, Grumps said:

I understand your point and it is valid. 

But it's notable that Cruz wasn't asked by Trump to represent him.  He has volunteered to present a baseless case - a case based on lies - on behalf of a pathological liar. 

As a scumbag himself, Cruz is well qualified to do so. ;)

Ted Cruz is an opportunistic, disgusting human being. Consider this .... Trump has accused Ted’s father of participating in the killing of JFK. Trump debased Cruz wife as ugly and unworthy. Ted came out swinging, but caved as the cuck he is. Not exactly a man. I’m sure his wife is impressed.

On 12/13/2020 at 11:07 AM, homersapien said:

I understand your point and it is valid. 

But it's notable that Cruz wasn't asked by Trump to represent him.  He has volunteered to present a baseless case - a case based on lies - on behalf of a pathological liar. 

As a scumbag himself, Cruz is well qualified to do so. ;)

It sounds like we agree. As I stated, Cruz is a sleazebag for using this for purely political reasons. He volunteered because he saw a chance to get some publicity. Trump's being a liar has nothing to do with it.

Donald Trump said Ted's wife was ugly and suggested his dad was involved in the Kennedy assassination.  Instead of doing what he should have done, which is walk straight up to him at the next debate and knock him the f*** out, Cruz's response was to lay prostrate, kiss the Donald's feet and say, "Thank you, sir, may I have another?"  He's a spineless loser whose testicles shrunk back up inside him so far it would require surgery to drop them again.  I'd call him a p**** but every woman I've ever known has more strength and backbone in the tip of their pinky than Ted does in his entire body.

Archived