Question Re: Institutional Control

EastAl_Tiger

If the Board is, as rumored, getting involved in the relationship between Steel and his employer (Allen Greene et al.) isn't that what got Auburn in trouble with SACS years ago.??

If I was the AD, i'd sit Steel down and ask him point blank about all the accusations (that his job is being protected by the Board member(s)).  Either he'll affirm or lie about it. Both of which are fireable offenses.

If the Board is, as rumored, getting involved in the relationship between Steel and his employer (Allen Greene et al.) isn't that what got Auburn in trouble with SACS years ago.??

Yes, probation with threat of loss of LOTS of federal money. Apparently folks have short memories

43 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

SACS needs to come in and do an evaluation again. BoT is micromanaging athletics at this point. Maybe losing accreditation will get them under control.

That’s a hefty price to pay for athletic sins.  

1 hour ago, AUFlyer99 said:

That’s a hefty price to pay for athletic sins.  

Yeah, I don't wish that on any program in the country.

In reality, interference from the BOT/PTB and money men never vanished.  We all know they'll continue to work behind the scenes no matter how many committee's and search firms are gathered in an attempt to make it appear Auburn is following standard operating procedure. 😒

Correct me if needed. But I don’t think SACS has a damn thing to do with football. It is what gives credibility to the education of the school. We got in SACS trouble because the sociology department was letting students coast through their classes. Football was just how the whistle blower got the attention of the masses. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Correct me if needed. But I don’t think SACS has a damn thing to do with football. It is what gives credibility to the education of the school. We got in SACS trouble because the sociology department was letting students coast through their classes. Football was just how the whistle blower got the attention of the masses. 

If SACS decides the admin is not in control of any facet of the university it’s trouble.   That’s the way I read it anyway.  

14 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

If SACS decides the admin is not in control of any facet of the university it’s trouble.   That’s the way I read it anyway.  

You are correct. If they feel the board has too much power over any aspect of the program, they can penalize the school as a whole.

15 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Institutional control is something I related to ncaa charges 

23 minutes ago, alexava said:

Institutional control is something I related to ncaa charges 

“Institutional control” may not be exact verbiage, but it’s absolutely the gist of what got us in trouble with SACS previously.  See below:

The accrediting agency that placed Auburn University on 12 months probation says that Auburn failed to show that university President William Walker has control of the school's athletic program and that its Board of Trustees doesn't manage day-to-day affairs.” -WTVM article dated 12/18/03

It's PROBABLY going to be a pretty terrible next hire, at this rate, but lord knows getting a LOIC charge is an absolute atrocity

Combined with this (censored) recruiting failure, we'd be down bad for the next half decade, at minimum 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Combined with this (censored) recruiting failure, we'd be down bad for the next half decade, at minimum 

Get the PTB/BoT under control, or drop football. But hey, we're a family right, and we love Auburn for itself and not football like the bammers right? If it keeps going like this, SACS needs to shut us down. OR the NCAA, even thought they're a toothless/clawless Lion.

The last thing Anyone needs is the mindless bureaucrats at the NCAA and SACS snooping around the University. They would never have Auburn’s best interests as a priority. Having said that, the BOT needs to provide leadership and let/require everyone else to do their jobs. Auburn should be managed by the people of the state of Alabama. People that have many millions of dollars, and donate many millions of dollars, ultimately involve themselves more than wanted, needed and is really good for all parties.  But it is convenient when they are around to buy out coaching contracts and fund building projects. Rich people with clout are great, until they act like rich people with clout.  Auburn family is bigger than its rich boosters, I hope this situation ultimately proves this to be true. 

22 hours ago, EastAl_Tiger said:

If the Board is, as rumored, getting involved in the relationship between Steel and his employer (Allen Greene et al.) isn't that what got Auburn in trouble with SACS years ago.??

If I was the AD, i'd sit Steel down and ask him point blank about all the accusations (that his job is being protected by the Board member(s)).  Either he'll affirm or lie about it. Both of which are fireable offenses.

Rumor alert

Archived