Dolphins Hire Dameyune Craig

DKW 86

From FinHaven

Dolphins Hire Three Coaches ...

2005-06-10

[sun Sentinel] The Dolphins have hired Dameyune Craig (special teams assistant) and James Coley (offensive assistant) as coaches as well as a new scout the team declined to identify.

These three additions now bring the coaching staff total to 23 including Head Coach Nick Saban. The total is an above average number when it comes to most NFL coaching staffs. Miami now currently has one of the highest paid coaching staffs in the NFL.

Is that now 3 Auburn people associated with the Dolphins??? Wow...im the next biggest Dolphins fan.

• 2 weeks later...

Forget about Dameyune Craig being an assistant coach for the Miami Dolphins, he needs to be hired as a player. In fact, I can see him starting for the Dolphins under center in the fall.

Think about it, that franchise has been stuck with Jay Fiedler and A.J Feeley for the last four or five years. If Fiedler can start for the Dolphins, then the sky is the limit for Dameyune. The Dolphins have been in desparate need of a quarterback since Dan Marino retired. Then again, the Dolphins couldn't do any better than 9-7 with Marino under the helm for 15 years.

Maybe the Miami Dolphins franchise is in serious need of a major overhaul here. Maybe Nick Saban is the man to get the job done. If Saban can win at LSU, then maybe he is exactly what the Dolphins need.

Quick question here: If the Dolphins cannot do any better than 9-7 with Don Shula, Jimmy Johnson, and Dan Marino, is Nick Saban really the answer for that franchise? We'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, congratulations to Dameyune. I think that he has found his calling in life, coaching football. He was always a class act and represented AU well as QB, as did Ronnie and Heath. I wish him all the best in Miami.

Do any of ya'll believe that Dameyune Craig will once again return to AU as the University's first black head coach? I know that this is a reaching question here, but I just want to know what ya'll think of it.

Alex :sec::au:

Guest Tigrinum Major
Do any of ya'll believe that Dameyune Craig will once again return to AU as the University's first black head coach? I know that this is a reaching question here, but I just want to know what ya'll think of it.

166283[/snapback]

That is an excellent question and one that I had never considered until you brought it up. As a special teams assistant, it seems like he is just trying to get his foot in the door. I would love to see him move on up the ranks, because he won a lot of games for Auburn with his arm, legs and brain. I think he will do well. He connection to the Tot hurts his chances, IMO.

Archived