John McWhorter: The Neoracists A new religion is preached across America. It's nonsense posing as wisdom.

AUFAN78

20 minutes ago, AUDub said:

That you're just now learning of these people says a lot. 

As I have said in the past, the red pill is incredibly seductive. As Alexander Pope once said, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing."

I knew of Sowell as an economist. Not extensively about his whole background and intellect on race and culture. I dismissed Williams years ago when I learned he was a longtime stand in for Rush Limbaugh. Now I’m reading them both. National treasures actually.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Sowell is another one. Hell the guys stock opinion of Barack Obama is that he was basically Hitler lol. 

It’s not really that nice. 

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

I knew of Sowell as an economist. Not extensively about his whole background and intellect on race and culture. I dismissed Williams years ago when I learned he was a longtime stand in for Rush Limbaugh. Now I’m reading them both. National treasures actually.

This says a lot about how far down the rabbit hole you were willing to go. 

You were a good one. Not anymore. 

Just now, alexava said:

I’ll try a different link

I'm not interested in a video, you obsequious dumbass. Argue using your words. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

I thought you quit this forum? What brought you back?

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Obsequious? That’s real irony.

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

I thought you quit this forum? What brought you back?

What has become of you, my friend? I meant it when I said you were a good one. 

What has happened? What changed you? How did it happen? 

I sort of get it with the performative wokeness of the left triggering certain things, but you have switched gears whole hog. Thomas Sowell? Shelby Steele? These people are poison for the psyche, and you're accepting the poison with aplomb. 

Please step back. 

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Obsequious? That’s real irony.

Servile to a special brand of stupid. 

19 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Servile to a special brand of stupid. 

This is a constant for you, even predating this recent and absolutely awful turn.

You aren't capable of making your own arguments now.  You rely on others to make them for you. Rather than absorb and weigh Steele, you post a link to a video, wanting the argument made for you, overlooking the part about actually THINKING FOR YOURSELF AND PUTTING IT IN YOUR OWN WORDS. 

This isn't much different from when vaccines were a disagreement between us, and rather than absorb the pertinent information, you posted links to websites loaded with bull****, or PowerPoints, or videos. You simply linked them and asked me to debunk them in their entirety. 

You are lazy, impressionable and stupid, to boot. When you deigned to make your own arguments, they were OK, but your stock in trade now is your intellectual laziness, and the vaccine stuff was a major red flag I overlooked.

Damn it. 

I revisit this thread fairly often:

On 4/13/2015 at 6:29 PM, AUDub said:

Source this claim. You've thrown so much bull**** at me I've lost track.

Guess it sort of confirms why I shouldn't be surprised by what you are now. You are an impressionable one, alexava. 

7 hours ago, AUDub said:

You were a good one. Not anymore. 

Someone has a different opinion and automatically they are now a bad person and deserve to be called names?  There's a reason why people choose not to engage with you. 

9 hours ago, alexava said:

I don’t know much about McWhorter. I would love to see this man or anyone try to debate Tom Sowell. That would be suicide. But he’s 90 years old now and probably not interested in it..

Sowell is a farce.  There's not an intellectual bone in his body.

I used to read his stuff in Forbes decades ago.  It was the most vacuous ideological claptrap I've ever read.

15 hours ago, Grumps said:

Do you think that the average IQs of members of each race are identical?

"Race" has no basis in scientific reality.  It is a human social construction.

So, regarding the question you posed, the answer would be predicted by science as "yes", providing all aspects that influence "IQ" (another meaningless term) are equal.

9 hours ago, alexava said:

Did you just describe Rush Limbaugh and Thomas Sowell as "National treasures" !?

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Someone has a different opinion and automatically they are now a bad person and deserve to be called names?  There's a reason why people choose not to engage with you. 

Ironically, non-engagement is exactly what Dub is alluding to -  inability to engage a topic from the basis of your own intellect instead of relying totally on some pap published by someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. 

In this case we aren't talking about a "different" opinion, we are talking about "no" opinion - at least one that cannot be articulated. 

If that shoe fits, then I suggest you choose not to engage, lest you expose yourself to being called names. It is what it is.  If you don't like being called stupid or dumb, do something about it.  Educate yourself.

Dub has no personal obligation to indulge anyone who is incapable of thinking for themselves who cannot present an argument in their own words using their own intellect. He doesn't need to suffer fools. 

And yes, it's no wonder that such people choose not to engage with him because of that. We should all be so lucky.

20 hours ago, AUDub said:

McWhorter is a racist sack of s*** himself. Here he is - a linguist, mind you, not a geneticist - arguing that black people have an inherent cognitive deficiency that will be revealed in the next 5 years, and that eugenics is the answer. 

Imagine thinking this sack of s*** is a worthwhile intellectual. 

He's having conversations with someone studying the topic. It's a common thing on their blog. They never claimed to be experts, never. 

But that you changed the topic is telling. You're guilty right? You can admit it. Not that it was necessary. 

10 hours ago, alexava said:

I haven’t seen or read much of McWhorter but l like him. I had some experiences last year that made me reassess a lot of things. A closer relationship due to a long conversation with an old distant friend. He opened me up to a different mindset that I previously would have dismissed as traitorous or grifting. Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams and especially Shelby Steele have destroyed nearly everything I thought about race and disparities. As McWhorter states here, white  people can’t say these things. It has to be led by black people. These guys don’t get enough publicity. 

There are many black intellects including those you mention who try to get black folks in general out of this assigned stigma.

I can assure you they aren't democrats thus Ben's moaning. There will always be those that desire to keep the black man down while peeing on your leg telling you it's raining. 

Some of us live it and see it first hand. Others simply repeat some liberal horse***t. 

10 hours ago, AUDub said:

That you're just now learning of these people says a lot. 

As I have said in the past, the Blue pill is incredibly seductive. As Alexander Pope once said, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing."

Fixed that for you.

10 hours ago, alexava said:

I didn’t see that in the OP. 

Because it wasn't in the OP. Ben is desperately deflecting.  

36 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Ironically, non-engagement is exactly what Dub is alluding to -  inability to engage a topic from the basis of your own intellect instead of relying totally on some pap published by someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. 

In this case we aren't talking about a "different" opinion, we are talking about "no" opinion - at least one that cannot be articulated. 

If that shoe fits, then I suggest you choose not to engage, lest you expose yourself to being called names. It is what it is.  If you don't like being called stupid or dumb, do something about it.  Educate yourself.

Dub has no personal obligation to indulge anyone who is incapable of thinking for themselves who cannot present an argument in their own words using their own intellect. He doesn't need to suffer fools. 

And yes, it's no wonder that such people choose not to engage with him because of that. We should all be so lucky.

Oh good the intellectually superior route. It's always good to be reminded how dumb the rest of us are.

10 hours ago, AUDub said:

What has become of you, my friend? I meant it when I said you were a good one. 

What has happened? What changed you? How did it happen? 

I sort of get it with the performative wokeness of the left triggering certain things, but you have switched gears whole hog. Thomas Sowell? Shelby Steele? These people are poison for the psyche, and you're accepting the poison with aplomb. 

Please step back. 

Better question: What happened to you? You've become the worst poster on the forum. It's not even close. You beat freaking homey! Let that sink in.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Sowell is a farce.  There's not an intellectual bone in his body.

I used to read his stuff in Forbes decades ago.  It was the most vacuous ideological claptrap I've ever read.

Anyone that disagrees with you clowns is a farce right? Spare me.

Archived