John McWhorter: The Neoracists A new religion is preached across America. It's nonsense posing as wisdom.

AUFAN78

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Yet this wasn't off the wall. McWhorter is right these antiracists tenets are nonsense. You on the other buy the crap. So who is dense here?

You aren't even reading my posts before responding. 

There is no bad faith. He succinctly nails the problem. This group think is a cancer, it strangles academic inquiry, it forces us to render time not to urgent issues but engage dangerous doubletalk, it forces us to teach our youth fallacious arguments and shroud it in the name of enlightenment. It makes black people look dumb, weak and accepting of the label. It is all nonsense. Black students aren't poster children, but rather capable beings. I see amazing stories of triumph in these kids daily and the last thing I want if for us to go backwards. Hard work matters.

And I posted a video of the guy saying they are inherently genetically inferior. Funny how you keep skimming over and not bothering to engage that. 

Quoting John, "But a new religion in the guise of world progress is not an advance; it is a detour. It is not altruism; it is self-help. It is not sunlight; it is fungus. It’s time it became ordinary to call it for what it is and stop cowering before it, letting it make people so much less than they—black and everything else—could be."

You are correct on the last statement which is precisely why I called out yours. 

I think you've quipped yourself into a corner and you're talking out your ass right now. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, AUDub said:

I literally posted videos of the guy suggesting CRISPR or "serums" as a solution for the black populace. That isn't how this works. McWhorter is a bigot. 

Grumps, you're either arguing out of your depth, a liar or a dumbass. 

Weigh what I've said carefully before continuing. 

So are you going to answer the questions or not?

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

So are you going to answer the questions or not?

Ok

14 hours ago, Grumps said:

Seriously? Are you saying that one's economic status and educational opportunities and home environment have no effect on IQ?

Of course they do. No one has said otherwise.

The argument presented is whether the IQ gap is genetically innate to particular "races."

Which it isn't.

This is the same silliness that led to people thinking the shape of your skull determined how intelligent you were, just dressed in a thin veneer of "science."

It is pseudoscientific pablum, full stop. 

McWhorter was talking about the IQ of adults, I'm pretty sure. Do you really think that all aspects that influence IQ are equal???

His suggesting gene editing and "serums" pretty much gives up the ghost.

It's the tail wagging the dog. The "racial" IQ gap isn't the result of genetic differences in "race" (again, a term meaningless in the context of genetics), but of socially constructed inequality.

There is no gene therapy or serum that can close the gap because there's really nothing for those methods to fix.

"Race realists" are chodes.

13 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Ok

Of course they do. No one has said otherwise.

The argument presented is whether the IQ gap is genetically innate to particular "races."

Which it isn't.

This is the same silliness that led to people thinking the shape of your skull determined how intelligent you were, just dressed in a thin veneer of "science."

It is pseudoscientific pablum, full stop. 

His suggesting gene editing and "serums" pretty much gives up the ghost.

It's the tail wagging the dog. The "racial" IQ gap isn't the result of genetic differences in "race" (again, a term meaningless in the context of genetics), but of socially constructed inequality.

There is no gene therapy or serum that can close the gap because there's really nothing for those methods to fix.

"Race realists" are chodes.

I certainly may have misinterpreted homer's post, that is why I asked questions about it, so that I would be sure what he meant. But here is his post:

"So, regarding the question you posed, the answer would be predicted by science as "yes", providing all aspects that influence "IQ" (another meaningless term) are equal."

I agree completely with your statement that "The "racial" IQ gap isn't the result of genetic differences in "race" (again, a term meaningless in the context of genetics), but of socially constructed inequality."

If socially constructed inequality exists and also influences "IQ" then CLEARLY all aspects that influence IQ are not equal. I am not trying to defend McWhorter at all, but I did think that by his talking about IQ level as adults, he was implying that the differences were largely due to socially constructed inequality. I absolutely admit to not exploring his beliefs to the extent that you have (I don't really care what he thinks), and therefore, I will defer to your expertise on whether or not he is a chode.

On 2/11/2021 at 9:35 AM, bigbird said:

Oh good the intellectually superior route. It's always good to be reminded how dumb the rest of us are.

I agree, @icanthearyou. It's really childish

17 hours ago, Grumps said:

Seriously? Are you saying that one's economic status and educational opportunities and home environment have no effect on IQ?

McWhorter was talking about the IQ of adults, I'm pretty sure.

Do you really think that all aspects that influence IQ are equal???

No I am saying the exact opposite of that.  (Please read my post more carefully.)

I am also talking about the "IQ" of adults.

No.  But an indeterminate number of aspects determine/influence "IQ".

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

I certainly may have misinterpreted homer's post, that is why I asked questions about it, so that I would be sure what he meant. But here is his post:

"So, regarding the question you posed, the answer would be predicted by science as "yes", providing all aspects that influence "IQ" (another meaningless term) are equal."

You clearly misunderstood my post.

Have you reconsidered it?  Do I need to restate it differently?

29 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Boy, is that piece chock full of ironies when viewed through a post-Trump perspective. :rolleyes:

Thought the exact same thing.

On 2/11/2021 at 9:44 AM, bigbird said:

No need to report to name calling.  It really diminishes any points trying to be made.

just how big a boy are you bird? lol

19 hours ago, AUDub said:

You aren't even reading my posts before responding. 

And I posted a video of the guy saying they are inherently genetically inferior. Funny how you keep skimming over and not bothering to engage that.

I think you've quipped yourself into a corner and you're talking out your ass right now. 

Oh I read it. Find it pointless. You placed the dictionary in a blender and set it to frappe. I'll take John's bland liberalism over your charlatanism any day.

The OP wasn't about genetics. You added that as a means to discredit blog hosts who stated for years they are not experts. Bloogingheads hear topics and discuss them on the blog sharing thoughts from various sources. Again for the umpteenth time they are not experts nor claim such, they simply host a damn blog covering numerous topics of conversation heard. Period.

I'm clearly in a corner to help the less fortunate. They can do anything they want with hard work. See it all the time. I don't intend to hold them back.

And there you are linking yoyomorena. Total whiff. 

12 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I'm clearly in a corner to help the less fortunate. They can do anything they want with hard work. See it all the time. 

Totally agree.  I have been in public education a long time and it is very heartwarming to see such achievements.  In my humble opinion that's where most of our focus should be is in our younger generation.  We have to find a way to break the cycles that some are born into.  If you all really want to see where this country is headed I would highly recommend substitute teaching for a week or so.  I think it would be really eye opening to some on this board. 

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

You clearly misunderstood my post.

Have you reconsidered it?  Do I need to restate it differently?

Yes. You are correct. I absolutely misread your post. I gave too much weight to the bolded parts. Thanks for clarifying.

2 hours ago, rhughes said:

Totally agree.  I have been in public education a long time and it is very heartwarming to see such achievements.  In my humble opinion that's where most of our focus should be is in our younger generation.  We have to find a way to break the cycles that some are born into.  If you all really want to see where this country is headed I would highly recommend substitute teaching for a week or so.  I think it would be really eye opening to some on this board. 

Substitute early elementary at say inner city Birmingham. Leave in tears. We can and should be and do better. 

7 hours ago, Grumps said:

Yes. You are correct. I absolutely misread your post. I gave too much weight to the bolded parts. Thanks for clarifying.

Well it was hypothetical since -strictly speaking - the premise could never be true.

On 2/12/2021 at 5:24 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Substitute early elementary at say inner city Birmingham. Leave in tears. We can and should be and do better. 

I have been away for a few days. Then come back to this. Lol. But yes I have a big heart for the less fortunate. Probably why I ran with the left for decades. But my 180 as it has been referred to, is due to understanding that liberalism is what caused a lot of it. The Great Society, the welfare state, was meant to fight poverty. It expanded it. These blacks libertarians and conservatives have explained it thoroughly. With mountains of research from all over the world. Black Americans were progressing well before laws were made to stop them. Then the civil rights movement came and “legally”equalized their rights. It created a liberal movement. Statically, now they are further behind than they were in the late 60s. Sowell, Steele and Williams show repeatedly that it’s not due to racism or discrimination. They have shown that white liberalism has and continues to hold black Americans back. The pandering to claims inequality or inequity is not done to help black Americans. It’s done by people who want to release their own guilt. That’s it in a nutshell. 
      Now I’ll get back to my 12 hour work days. 

Seems like maybe people would ask and listen to black Americans maybe something.......nah nevermind to do that would mean you'd have to discuss race and racism!

On 2/18/2021 at 8:34 AM, cole256 said:

Seems like maybe people would ask and listen to black Americans maybe something.......nah nevermind to do that would mean you'd have to discuss race and racism!

Exactly what I’ve been doing. 

On 2/11/2021 at 8:34 AM, homersapien said:

Sowell is a farce.  There's not an intellectual bone in his body.

I used to read his stuff in Forbes decades ago.  It was the most vacuous ideological claptrap I've ever read.

Dont do it David...he didnt mean to serve up so much low hanging fast balls....

F' it.

And yet you still daily write on this forum, serving up.....the most vacuous ideological claptrap we've ever read. Day after Day of MEANINGLESS OPINION PIECES that you often wont even defend after you serve them up. When are we going to get another 20 articles on so & so's psychiatric state of mind by some of the world's most vacuous ideological driveby psychiatric minds? Another 20 articles by people that have never examined any of the people they are publicly trashing as psychiatrically unfit from 2000 miles away never having professionally observed the subject themselves?

On 2/11/2021 at 9:41 AM, AUFAN78 said:

Anyone that disagrees with you clowns is a farce right? Spare me.

You have decoded the DNC Enigma Machine...B)

Eugenics was a crazy Pseudo-Science that literally had nothing but almost all bad ideas come from it.

Any difference in the Races, especially in 21st Century America are either Cultural, Environmental, or Cumulative effects of the two. The schools our "leaders" force Young Urban Blacks into is a disgrace. 

I am convinced that 90% of the "private schools" like Sidwell Friends exist to keep White Elitist Kids away from any proximity to Black Urban Children. When i lived in Selma, it was obvious. When I visited Washington DC, it was just as obvious what the outcomes were. 

Archived