Autopsy shows that

channonc

LINK

LARGO, Florida (AP) -- An autopsy on Terri Schiavo backed her husband's contention that she was in a persistent vegetative state, finding that she had massive and irreversible brain damage and was blind, the medical examiner's office said Wednesday. It also found no evidence that she was strangled or otherwise abused.

Follow link for rest of the story.

Wow, she was even blind...good grief. To force this woman's husband to let her live would've been an absolute crime for sure.

Just goes to prove doctors again know more than politicians....(when concerning a medical matter).

Just goes to prove doctors again know more than politicians....(when concerning a medical matter).

164047[/snapback]

What happens when they're both???

164047[/snapback]

164051[/snapback]

Im just stating a clear fact that the doctors CLEARLY said she was in a vegitative state that was irreversable...

164047[/snapback]

164051[/snapback]

Im just stating a clear fact that the doctors CLEARLY said she was in a vegitative state that was irreversable...

164054[/snapback]

That just sailed right over your head, didn't it?

While this battle was going on, there were heated threads about her right to live, how she wasn't really in a persistant vegitative state, etc.

I am really amazed at the silence on this one.

While this battle was going on, there were heated threads about her right to live, how she wasn't really in a persistant vegitative state, etc. 

164217[/snapback]

Well, it was stupid and noisy enough then. I figure most people would just as soon move on as keep bickering when there's not even an issue any more.

Kinda like the 2004 election, only less significant.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I got into an argument with my mother and my sister on this issue when it was going on. I was not on the "conservative" side when it came to my viewpoint, which was very unlike me, but nonetheless, I had an opinion that was opposite of my family's.

However, I got very quite when my sister countered with, "What would you say if it was one of your daughters?" That really made me think.

Now, in my opinion, this never should have been a national or even state wide debate. It should have been handled by the family(s) involved. It is a shame that this woman's plight was paraded around for political purposes in the first place. I pray that none of us ever have to experience it.

164047[/snapback]

164051[/snapback]

164054[/snapback]

That just sailed right over your head, didn't it?

164196[/snapback]

Ya, guess so. Congratulations. <_<

164217[/snapback]

Her parents still haven't given up - they are disputing the ME's findings, are having the results looked at by other medical experts, and are STILL contemplating legal action... I guess against the husband, since they contend he abused and strangled her, something the autopsy clearly showed was not true. :no:

At what point do you say ENOUGH???

Her parents still haven't given up - they are disputing the ME's findings, are having the results looked at by other medical experts, and are STILL contemplating legal action... I guess against the husband, since they contend he abused and strangled her, something the autopsy clearly showed was not true. :no:

At what point do you say ENOUGH???

164251[/snapback]

Well, it's clear now that the parents aren't about the well-being of their daughter. The fact is that their daughter had a brain half the normal size. No amount of drugs or rehab would've given her a better life. Period.

And because they're "not giving up" tells me they aren't living in reality. They don't care about the facts. They're either crazy or they want money somehow.

Sick...

Archived