Which way do your news sources lean?

Interesting. 

kOkWIkC.jpg

I'll definitely cop to being a heavy left lean, but it's interesting that one of my top influences is an extremely well known Libertarian and one of my top sources is the Libertarian magazine Reason.

Calling Popehat a solid left lean is pretty silly. He was anti-trump but he's anything but a leftist, and Nerd doesn't really comment on social issues on his Twitter. 

The 29% probably stems from my interactions with David French, Jonah Goldberg and organizations like the FIRE. 

IOW I think the app probably reached the right conclusion on my possible biases but for the wrong reasons. 

18 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Mine said that I "do not interact with enough news on twitter to determine any bias."

Ah, the unpolluted mind.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Why should “news” lean at all?

Ideally they wouldn't.  And several do a good job of minimizing biases - like Reuters, Poynter, etc.  But most do, whether they're CNN, MSNBC, Fox, NewsMax or OAN because they're run by humans.

15 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Wish we could just get straight news without having to worry about political biases. 

That CNN director caught on tape said that the only chance of unbiased news comes from upstarts in their basements, but once you get a following your content gets compromised.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

That CNN director caught on tape said that the only chance of unbiased news comes from upstarts in their basements, but once you get a following your content gets compromised.

IMO it's because a vast majority of people, no matter what they claim, don't want straight, unbiased news, they want their personal biases and beliefs to be confirmed and talked about. 

Straight, unbiased is boring and uninteresting to people. + a lot of times people will consider real news itself to be biased against them if it doesn't play to their own beliefs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whats Twitter?

i have an account from years ago when my church was going to use it. I think have 3-4 that follow me and i follow like 2. Havent turned it on since 2008 or 2009

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Wish we could just get straight news without having to worry about political biases. 

Check out https://join1440.com/about-us/ and https://www.allsides.com/unbiased-balanced-news

1440 is the closet I’ve found and with AllSides, you at least get multiple angles to be able to wade through it all. Until humans are taken completely out of the equation there will always be biases, I guess.  

• Thanks 1