LSU RB ruled academically ineligible

bootskii

For registering for the wrong class. How does that even happen? Don't these players have some sort of guidance counselors or handlers that take care of that sort of thing? I didn't even know registering for the wrong class would make you ineligible. Would it be possible just to say it's an elective instead? Seems kinda weak to me. I don't believe Emery is the starter but this is going to hurt an already weak rushing attack from LSU.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/ed-orgeron-announces-lsu-rb-is-out-for-the-year-due-to-academic-issues/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, bootskii said:

For registering for the wrong class. How does that even happen? Don't these players have some sort of guidance counselors or handlers that take care of that sort of thing? I didn't even know registering for the wrong class would make you ineligible. Would it be possible just to say it's an elective instead? Seems kinda weak to me. I don't believe Emery is the starter but this is going to hurt an already weak rushing attack from LSU.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/ed-orgeron-announces-lsu-rb-is-out-for-the-year-due-to-academic-issues/

In order to remain academically eligible you have to show certain progress towards a degree. You can't just take any class you want while in school to satisfy the taking classes rule. The thing is, you do get certain electives in that allotment so he must have taken too many junk classes during his career already, and I think he's supposed to be a sophomore.

Further, there is an entire team of counselors dedicated to athletics at each major institution that should have been all over this.

This shows a complete lack of attention to detail (at the very least) and/or lack of oversight (death nail) within that department.

LSU continues the downward spiral.

Edited by WDE_OxPx_2010
  • Thanks 1

was he a starter? i cannot imagine coach o not stepping in and trying to straighten things out.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

was he a starter? i cannot imagine coach o not stepping in and trying to straighten things out.

I think he was going to be the starter.

So far they have had 2 appeals rejected, but this lawyer now says their were extenuating circumstances for him not having enough credits. They include a death of his grandmother, covid issues with members of his family, and something having to do with going to online classes. 

It may work, but lawyers can come up with the darndest things to use in presenting a case. 

I do hate it that a player is ruled ineligible for something like this. From what was reported he was an honor student. It's not like he was one of those that struggled in school.

• Sad 1

Pretty sure Coach Oblivious is trying to pressure the NCAA via a pretty weak/stupid smokescreen.  He made additional comments about how "academics" does a great job and that Emery was an honor student over the summer, guess he doesn't realize how ridiculous this makes the football program look.  What support he had within the fanbase is rapidly deteriorating.

Edited by PowerOfDixieland

5 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Pretty sure Coach Oblivious is trying to pressure the NCAA via a pretty weak/stupid smokescreen.  He made additional comments about how "academics" does a great job and that Emery was an honor student over the summer, guess he doesn't realize how ridiculous this makes the football program look.  What support he had within the fanbase is rapidly deteriorating.

Hmmm.  Wonder if it is related to this....

LSU Is Removing 78 Students for Not Following Vaccine Rules

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/louisiana/articles/2021-09-16/lsu-is-removing-78-students-for-not-following-vaccine-rules