My opinion of the difference in the QB play

cole256

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Tank looked super frustrated to me

Well, he didn't have many creases to run through, much less holes.  Their DL was manhandling our OL.

Georgia freaking State. :no:

Edited by homersapien

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I actually think Bo is going to start

If Bo responds the right way with a good attitude and has a great week of practice, I think you will be correct.

If he doesn’t, and had doesn’t respond well and has an average week of practice, Harsin won’t hesitate to start TJ.

• Like 1

Not a good situation for Auburn. Lack of fundamentals. You can’t miss open guys. That’s the difference between cruising and what we saw yesterday. 

I think Georgia will be able to name their score against us. Not looking forward to that at all. 

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I know you quoted me in the other thread that you'd start this one...but I can't really compare the two bc I didn't watch the 1st half at all

If you go back and watch it, make sure you don’t have a belly full of barbecue or anything greasy. Maybe a small bowl of plain rice or some dry toast.  Worst AU football on both sides, in I don’t know how long. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

If Bo responds the right way with a good attitude and has a great week of practice, I think you will be correct.

If he doesn’t, and had doesn’t respond well and has an average week of practice, Harsin won’t hesitate to start TJ.

I agree, but to do it correctly, Bo would have to be lights out all week in practice. I believe the entire team would have to (perhaps not verbally, it’s not a democracy) agree that he should be the starter. I think if you start Bo over TJ in any other circumstance, you risk losing the team. I say this because they seem a bit fragile in that important area.  Seemed like TJ got the call and there was a very noticeable reaction on the sidelines.  Gotta be careful there. But what the heck do I know.  That’s not sarcasm—I seriously know nothing.  I’m a salesman that played JV 1A football for a year, poorly.  But once you lose the team…..

• Like 1

Obviously we needed a change in this game. Bo was off and TJ came in to give the team a spark and he did. TJ looked much better than Bo in this game. It's a small sample and it's hard for me to make an overall judgement so I will reserve that. Unfortunately LSU knows ALL of TJs tendencies, maybe even more than Harsin, so that could be a disadvantage at LSU. 

Having said that, I think TJ has earned the start. If he doesn't get it, Bo will probably have a much shorter hook, so maybe him coming off the bench to save another game wouldn't be bad either. But just a side comment, our WRs have too many drops and too little separation. They need to expand their catch radius and make more plays on the ball, for both QBs. 

Edited by IronMan70

I wonder if Bo is hurt???? Recalling the play in the PSU game when he got up after being hit shaking his right shoulder/arm in the first half....it seems a lot of his long passes since then have been 'lobs'....just wonder????

• Like 2

Simple, Bo has games where he gets happy feet and starts overthrowing passes. Kodi Burns as a QB developed the same problem for the same reason...he didnt trust his OL. Bo does not dance every game but at this point he does it way too often. Don't get me started on Backup Willie's chuck & duck mechanics though.

Edited by aucanucktiger

27 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

I wonder if Bo is hurt???? Recalling the play in the PSU game when he got up after being hit shaking his right shoulder/arm in the first half....it seems a lot of his long passes since then have been 'lobs'....just wonder????

Perhaps. Most of his throws were very off target…and not just simply off target but very weird throws.

14 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Simple, Bo has games where he gets happy feet and starts overthrowing passes. Kodi Burns as a QB developed the same problem for the same reason...he didnt trust his OL. Bo does not dance every game but at this point he does it way too often. Don't get me started on Backup Willie's chuck & duck mechanics though.

• Like 1

TJ deserves the start after the last drive,    his passes had more zip,  in my opinion i thought his misses were a little closer than bo's misses during yesterdays game.      he scrambled when he needed to and stepped up in the pocket also.  when all else failed he made plays (most important metric).      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tigerman1186 said:

I thought that at the time too.  Especially after the lobs.  I think his shoulder was bothering him.

Edited by homersapien

Just now, McLoofus said:

Dude, don't bother. That one likes to chime in from time to time with some random hot take and then go poof like a fart in the wind. 

The back up Willy had me throwed😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I don't know the basketball equivalent you reference, but I can speak to the baseball cross reference.  The power for any throwing motion comes from the hips and core, particularly the back hip which is the piston that fires the whole machine.  To get the most out of the motion, the feet need to be perpindicular to the target, which is what makes throwing on the run so difficult. When you see a pitcher miss high and away (which is where Bo misses on medium/high velocity throws), his front shoulder is open and he can't keep his backside through the throw completly enough to drive the ball on target.  QB play is so much more than just throwing that I'm not sure how much of the mechanics are actually being taught, even at the high school level.  Footwork is only part of the total equation and if the coach isn't communicating how it is all connected, it can't be assimilated.  I'm not sure it's something that can be overcome at this point, when he feels pressure he seems to revert back to opening his front shoulder to bail out (backwards) from the pocket.  Of course the medium to long throws, (which require all of the feet, hips, shoulders to be locked in) take time to develop and this O-line isn't helping in those situations.

If you watch Patrick Mahomes (whose dad is a pitcher and could translate the mechanics), his hips and shoulders almost always stay closed and on line.  If I were recruiting QB's, I would really want a guy who had played shortstop or pitched a bunch in high school.

Tried to be cordial with you..  should've known that you can't be anything but what you've been 😕 my fault

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, he didn't have many creases to run through, much less holes.  Their DL was manhandling our OL.

Georgia freaking State. :no:

He was probably frustrated for 2 reasons; 1) too few carries 2) fumble and not going back in the game on the last series.