If Bo really is turning the corner

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

If you do move here, move to the suburbs.  Atlanta is taking a downturn for the worse.  So much so Buckhead is breaking off from Atlanta because of the crime.  They want their own police force to stop the crime as many of the wealthy residents are moving into the suburbs.  My practice is in Johns Creek/Alpharetta and love it.  I plan to stay here the rest of my life if I can.  The only issue is homes are incredibly expensive, so if it is out of your budget I would look at Forsyth County.  The property taxes are cheaper and the homes/property are a good value to make money off of.  I have my house there currently and am planning to sell it and move back to Johns Creek once my lady friend obtains her PhD at Emory and we can get married.

Great public schools as well for you children.

I started out in Atlanta in the Roswell area and then moved to Decatur about 5 years ago to help with commute. I loved Roswell area but i think I actually enjoy Decatur more. You can still get a decent place with space in the oakhurst, kirkwood, Avondale Estates area that is not in the ungodly price range. Once you cross over into Decatur city limits prices and taxes get crazy quick. 15 min uber ride from downtown/midtown....20min from airport.  We are also kidless so our life style lends more to the intown vibe. If i had kids i would probably still be back up in the northern burbs. We like being close to all the bars and music venues. But i really would find it hard to leave the Atlanta area. Love living here

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I can say that everybody I know hates to have to go through Atlanta anymore because of the traffic.

Well, when the entire metro refuses to build viable public transportation and you can't expand roads anymore, this is what you get

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Well, when the entire metro refuses to build viable public transportation and you can't expand roads anymore, this is what you get

Yep.

Just everything I hear from my friends that live there and the many many people I met from there when I was at Auburn. Atlanta seems amazing. And just culturally hearing people talk about how black people that may have endured tough times in areas where they aren't welcome or feel isolated and the inspiration of seeing African Americans thriving in very successful and prestigious roles.....It's sounds amazing.

But when I worked in Augusta and had to drive thru.......I hated that part of my drive more than anything

Edited by cole256
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

I started out in Atlanta in the Roswell area and then moved to Decatur about 5 years ago to help with commute. I loved Roswell area but i think I actually enjoy Decatur more. You can still get a decent place with space in the oakhurst, kirkwood, Avondale Estates area that is not in the ungodly price range. Once you cross over into Decatur city limits prices and taxes get crazy quick. 15 min uber ride from downtown/midtown....20min from airport.  We are also kidless so our life style lends more to the intown vibe. If i had kids i would probably still be back up in the northern burbs. We like being close to all the bars and music venues. But i really would find it hard to leave the Atlanta area. Love living here

We were in EAV. Loved it. Have to admit there were some crime issues that gave us pause about raising kids there, but that's not why we left. It's a lot to live in the city but it's also amazing. So much to do, so much culture. 

Roswell and Smyrna are the only burbs I'd be willing to live in. Everything else is just so boring and cookie cutter, unless you get out to Canton or Woodstock and then you're a full hour outside of the city and still dealing with traffic. 

Would LOVE to live in Oakhurst or downtown Decatur, but like you said Decatur is prohibitively expensive. I actually rented there for my first year in the city and it was amazing. The Decatur square is heaven for those of us who like to eat and drink well, and you've even got Eddie's for music and Trackside for a "dive bar" experience. 

As for Oakhurst, Steinbeck's is one of the true hidden gems of the entire ATL metro.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

There's nobody on here that cares less than me. What do I look like disliking a person I don't even know? Follow a person around consistently disliking their posts? NEVER. Couldn't pay me to care enough to do that.

I don't even know what this means

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Really? Grudges with who? The coaching staff? Ok you're right. An individual poster? Who?

It's honestly pretty much the entire board you're mad at.  Just a few days ago you were lamenting about how certain players are discussed position changes if they aren't accurate, but Bo isn't.  We've had conversations about the fall out of Malik and Gatewood & you bring it up often with others.

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't even remember people names

Its beyond hilarious you say this yet you know specifically who this poster above was from 6-7 years ago.  This guy didn't even quote you & you went right at extremely specific things from years ago

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Of course you can't and let me guess you're still mad from Jeremy Johnson?

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

It's been a long thread with several tangents. Has Bo turned the corner yet😀

Part of me wonders if he doesn’t “turn the corner” this week, does the off week present a chance to see what TJ can do? 

I don't know if Bo has turned the corner yet. Who knows? Last time I looked he was going through Atlanta😀

Sorry, just trying to inject a little humor to the acrimony.

Edited by Proud Tiger

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

seeing African Americans thriving in very successful and prestigious roles.....It's sounds amazing.

Unfortunately there are many people still furious about that and they are the ones constantly harping on how "unsafe" and "dangerous" Atlanta is.  They are also the exact same ones pushing for Buckhead to become it's own city

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't even know what this means

It's honestly pretty much the entire board you're mad at.  Just a few days ago you were lamenting about how certain players are discussed position changes if they aren't accurate, but Bo isn't.  We've had conversations about the fall out of Malik and Gatewood & you bring it up often with others.

Its beyond hilarious you say this yet you know specifically who this poster above was from 6-7 years ago.  This guy didn't even quote you & you went right at extremely specific things from years ago

Lol. So you're misquoting again. Who is a person I hold a grudge to is what you said. Who?

You don't know what people send to me in my inbox. It's stupid to even imply why I would know a specific person. Like I said I don't follow anybody or get upset because of what they feel about football. I either agree or don't and I give reasons why. That's it. 

Actually my bad. Ok

Edited by cole256

13 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I'm basically right next door to you.  I was in Kirkwood for about a Decade, but move to East lake about 18 months ago

1 minute ago, JwgreDeux said:

Part of me wonders if he doesn’t “turn the corner” this week, does the off week present a chance to see what TJ can do? 

Really interesting question.....so far to me it looks like the coaches have little doubt that Bo give them the best chance to win. Atleast thats is how it has looked from an outside perspective. If Finley was going to get more of a look then i think the LSU game was when that would have happened. He only got the one series so i assume that means the coaches do not seem him as an improvement over the current starter. He is just a viable option to bring in when the starter is flat out not getting it done. So based on who they have played and when i don't really see Finely as a true option to take over. That can all change quickly but so far i thats how i see it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Lol. So you're misquoting again. Who is a person I hold a grudge to is what you said. Who?

You don't know what people send to me in my inbox. It's stupid to even imply why I would know a specific person. Like I said I don't follow anybody or get upset because of what they feel about football. I either agree or don't and I give reasons why. That's it. 

Actually my bad. Ok

I'm not sure I follow after your edit at the bottom. 

4 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

If TJ hasn't taken the job by now I can't help but wonder how good is he. We need a complete revamp imo. DD from here if Bo doesn't show anything this next game. I'm not waiting anymore after that personally

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

Really interesting question.....so far to me it looks like the coaches have little doubt that Bo give them the best chance to win. Atleast thats is how it has looked from an outside perspective. If Finley was going to get more of a look then i think the LSU game was when that would have happened. He only got the one series so i assume that means the coaches do not seem him as an improvement over the current starter. He is just a viable option to bring in when the starter is flat out not getting it done. So based on who they have played and when i don't really see Finely as a true option to take over. That can all change quickly but so far i thats how i see it

Man we're on the same wavelength today

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If TJ hasn't taken the job by now I can't help but wonder how good is he. We need a complete revamp imo. DD from here if Bo doesn't show anything this next game. I'm not waiting anymore after that personally

TJ is a Rs FR essentially.  At some point we've got to get away from expecting RSFR to be ready to start and succeed in the SEC unless we are getting generational talents

TJ has all the arm talent in the world, I think he' still developing.  He looked good vs Ga State, but how is he going to look vs a good SEC team?

Edited by W.E.D

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We were in EAV. Loved it. Have to admit there were some crime issues that gave us pause about raising kids there, but that's not why we left. It's a lot to live in the city but it's also amazing. So much to do, so much culture. 

Roswell and Smyrna are the only burbs I'd be willing to live in. Everything else is just so boring and cookie cutter, unless you get out to Canton or Woodstock and then you're a full hour outside of the city and still dealing with traffic. 

Would LOVE to live in Oakhurst or downtown Decatur, but like you said Decatur is prohibitively expensive. I actually rented there for my first year in the city and it was amazing. The Decatur square is heaven for those of us who like to eat and drink well, and you've even got Eddie's for music and Trackside for a "dive bar" experience. 

As for Oakhurst, Steinbeck's is one of the true hidden gems of the entire ATL metro.

Yeah EAV and little 5 points are a little too sketch for my taste. I enjoy a night out in both but not sure i would move there. I have several friends in both though and they are hardcore about each being the best place ever. I think you have to have a little goth in you to truly appreciate both of those towns lol. 

IMO Oakhurst is the best hidden gem of Atlanta. Had porch fest just this past weekend and man cannot say enough about the variety and friendliness of the people you meet at that thing. Its really a small town vibe in the city. 

Yes to the square and Steinbecks!! I spend way too much money in both places. lol

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm basically right next door to you.  I was in Kirkwood for about a Decade, but move to East lake about 18 months ago

Moving on up in life!! lol Always good to meet another Auburn tiger in the area 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

If you do move here, move to the suburbs.  Atlanta is taking a downturn for the worse. 

I still really like some of the intown neighborhoods. Inman Park. The Virginia Highlands. The Poncey Highlands. And some of the areas over around Emory and Decatur are pretty darn nice. But...go a few blocks in the wrong direction and any place nice inside the perimeter can turn less than nice pretty quick.

31 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

TJ is a Rs FR essentially.  At some point we've got to get away from expecting RSFR to be ready to start and succeed in the SEC unless we are getting generational talents

TJ has all the arm talent in the world, I think he' still developing.  He looked good vs Ga State, but how is he going to look vs a good SEC team?

Thought he looked good in limited time vs LSU

Here is a differ look of the “drop” by Shivers:

presnap look: (notice the gesture by the outside LB on the right side)

E8DDBF81-D597-4CE2-A04E-7A2431397728.png

At the snap UGA brings a combo blitz from the right side bringing the lb and the corner :

A30A2233-09C0-47A4-B6FA-DE8C6C9CC534.png

Bo doesn’t see it as he play actions with Shivers and then looks stares Shivers down as he releases into the flat:

493E8787-6A4C-426C-B47D-86B33A94F669.png

you can see at the top right there was one defender to cover two receivers, both of whom are open. A ball to the tight end may have been a TD as the safety jumps the underneath cross: 

5A0CC1E2-EDD7-4BF6-9D6F-A3917EC03457.png

instead Bo throws to Shivers a bit behind him and the ball bounces and is. Turnover. Could Shivers catch it? Yes. The point is this again was the wrong throw to make and it wasn’t as accurate as it needs to be.

Oh and he had the protection to make the right throw as well. 

85C7A73E-48DD-4273-B28A-FD87AAAB69E1.png

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I tend to agree. I guess the question becomes best chance to win what? The Sec West? I don’t think so. So what, win an extra game or two? 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

This is ridiculous and nothing but suburban fear mongering and pearl clutching.

I've lived in COA for the past 20 years.  I've lived in multiple massively transitional neighborhoods.  It's fine.  There isn't a "massive downturn". 

This isn't fear mongering or ridiculous man.  I have lived here for 27 years (minus 4 years at Auburn) and have an office off of Druid Hills as well as Alpharetta.  I have clients that have owned their houses for 30+ plus year moving out because the crime has gotten so bad.  Even taken losses on their houses to get their kids into a safer area.  My girlfriend has an apartment next to the new Children's hospital and she doesn't even feel safe there.  There was a murder four apartments down with a robbery gone wrong.

21 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Thought he looked good in limited time vs LSU

He had a single series, didn't he?  I don't really remember him looking great or bad.  I'd wish he got more of a chance though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Don't get me wrong, I love Atlanta and plan to spend the rest of my life here.  I am just saying if you plan to raise a family you might want to be in the suburbs.  It's kind of funny because I love Georgia so much, but do not cheer for a single sports team here.  😂

49 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I still really like some of the intown neighborhoods. Inman Park. The Virginia Highlands. The Poncey Highlands. And some of the areas over around Emory and Decatur are pretty darn nice. But...go a few blocks in the wrong direction and any place nice inside the perimeter can turn less than nice pretty quick.

Virginia Highlands is a fun place to be, and so was Buckhead a few years ago with Big Sky.  You started to see a change  ever since the waitress at Barcelona was murdered.  Even at Georgia Tech, students are so desensitized there.  At my brother's dorm we would walk by cars in the parking deck where windows were smashed due to break ins and it did not even faze them.  You definitely take your safety for granted at Auburn.

Edited by abw0004

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I have clients that have owned their houses for 30+ plus year moving out because the crime has gotten so bad.  Even taken losses on their houses to get their kids into a safer area.

There is absolutely no way this is true.  Sorry, housing prices have been skyrocketing since 2011.  Any house worth a damn has a bidding war...or did until that last 3 months.  No one is losing money in real estate right now

• Like 1