al.coms newest reporter has a message for auburn fans

aubiefifty

On 10/22/2021 at 6:09 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The Pennsylvanian gal that got a ton of hate here really went through the ringer for almost nothing. I still feel bad for her. 

Some of her reaction she got from AUburn fans she brought on herself, with the COvid articles, and putting Auburn in a negative light.

And sometimes she seemed not to be on point with her questions in PCs, and I am sure it was a learning experience for her.

Being from PA, I did like her PA background and allegiances... :)

On 10/23/2021 at 8:53 AM, Hank2020 said:

Must be getting some activity. They actually have 2 people covering AU now.

Who's the other reporter? Not Goodman you are talking about? He's not just an AUburn reporter.

Now I remember when Hahn left, AL.com brought in some guy from Mizz, to be their AU beat writer, but I never saw any of his articles that I recall.

And I will read AL.com, bc it is free, and they do some good indepth articles.

Now Goodman, that's another story. Way too negative and sarcastic in his reporting, AND opinionated.

8 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Some of her reaction she got from AUburn fans she brought on herself, with the COvid articles, and putting Auburn in a negative light.

And sometimes she seemed not to be on point with her questions in PCs, and I am sure it was a learning experience for her.

maybe Auburn, and specifically the downtown populace that she zeroed in on, shouldn’t have been handling COVID like they did. I’m okay with people not liking reporters, but the reasoning was just ass backwards idiocy that reflected the terrible statistics we had at the moment. 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

All I got out of that intro was how to pronounce his name and that he can't hold down a job.

On 10/24/2021 at 11:05 AM, steeleagle said:

Don't confuse her with Goodman, Crepea and the like. This is exactly what @DunderMifflin was talking about. Even when we get balanced, reasonably talented coverage we complain about it. What incentive does al dot com have to do better?

Yeah, it was a stepping stone job for her, and she did in fact make a vertical move out of it pretty quickly. So clearly she was identified as at least competent. 

Also, what folks keep ignoring is that our football program itself hasn't done anything to warrant better treatment. November 2017 was a long time ago. 

It's fine if our coaches want to be the strong silent type- or, in Harsin's predecessor's case, the awkward, nerdy silent type- but until we start winning big, our beat is going to remain an undesirable assignment. 

• Like 1