Students leaving at halftime

tgrogan21

This is an absolute disgrace! The loss wasn't on the fans or the students but to leave the game at halftime is absolutely ridiculous. It's a bad look and it pisses me off.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

They were the smartest people today. Got out of there before they had to watch the absolute embarrassment of the last decade.

This. They knew what was coming. So sad, and kinda weird, tbh.

• Haha 1

It was really bad. What tf better is there to do in Auburn, Alabama at noon in November than watch the rest of the football game? 

What were these people leaving to do? Hit up the Opelika Mall?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

It was really bad. What tf better is there to do in Auburn, Alabama at noon in November than watch the rest of the football game? 

What were these people leaving to do? Hit up the Opelika Mall?

Drink and watch it at the house on the couch. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TeganInbama said:

And?

the comeback was unprecedented. props to State. Give them credit

You really don't think it matters? Students are the lifeblood of the stadium and the noise. Having them leave (plus a lot of other people) made the stadium dead quiet. State didn't have to worry about any noise. How about that we always talk up how we're the loudest stadium? How about there are so many students who don't receive tickets that would love to go to games but the ones that do go just dip out at halftime of a conference game?

It's a really bad look and if you don't think the recruits saw and took notice of it you're kidding yourself. The least these kids could do is stay and support the football team for the entire game. It's not like it was 90 degree weather or it was a night game and they wanted to go to a party. It was an 11 am game with good weather. The should have stayed and cheered on this team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

You really don't think it matters? Students are the lifeblood of the stadium and the noise. Having them leave (plus a lot of other people) made the stadium dead quiet. State didn't have to worry about any noise. How about that we always talk up how we're the loudest stadium? How about there are so many students who don't receive tickets that would love to go to games but the ones that do go just dip out at halftime of a conference game?

It's a really bad look and if you don't think the recruits saw and took notice of it you're kidding yourself. The least these kids could do is stay and support the football team for the entire game. It's not like it was 90 degree weather or it was a night game and they wanted to go to a party. It was an 11 am game with good weather. The should have stayed and cheered on this team.

so the students leaving at halftime is why we lost?

5 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Yes of all the weird threads today this one with folks saying "who cares" is almost the most alarming. 

• Like 1

Just now, TeganInbama said:

Didn't say it was. I even mentioned in my OP that it wasn't why we lost.

Doesn't mean this isn't a bad look but guess you're okay with that.

Our QB even mentioned it in post game how the crowd leaving sucked the life out of the stadium. If you don't think the other players noticed you're kidding yourself. Sports are all about the energy the crowd gives the home team. Our students quit on the team.

7 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

The noise is supposed to be part of the home field advantage. It certainly hurt Auburn at aTm. It makes Baton Rouge a very tough place to play.  Auburn needs to do the same. 

Harsin needs to connect with the students. Chizik had his "all in" and Gus had "it's a new day" and Bruce is just Bruce with The Jungle. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

The noise is supposed to be part of the home field advantage. It certainly hurt Auburn at aTm. It makes Baton Rouge a very tough place to play.  Auburn needs to do the same. 

Harsin needs to connect with the students. Chizik had his "all in" and Gus had "it's a new day" and Bruce is just Bruce with The Jungle. 

Some people get it. Others are okay with a empty stadium. If I hear anybody mention Jordan-Hare being loud and a difficult place to play I'm gonna laugh in their faces. I don't care if it's a blowout loss or a blowout win, students should be expected to stay the full game. If you can't go and stay you can give your tickets to another student who missed out on the lottery.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

They were the smartest people today. Got out of there before they had to watch the absolute embarrassment of the last decade.

Not smart, just poor fans.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeganInbama said:

The crowd noise from the home team can have a direct effect on the game. Who knows if it would've made a difference today. It could have, certainly. All it takes sometimes is one or two offensive miscues at strategic times due to crowd noise to change a game.

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

You join up just to post that stupidity? Go back to MS

been here almost a year. mostly lurk

we got out played and out-coached. nothing wrong with giving the opponent credit. they are trying to win the game

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Some people get it. Others are okay with a empty stadium. If I hear anybody mention Jordan-Hare being loud and a difficult place to play I'm gonna laugh in their faces. I don't care if it's a blowout loss or a blowout win, students should be expected to stay the full game. If you can't go and stay you can give your tickets to another student who missed out on the lottery.

Absolutely!!!

8 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Didn't say it was. I even mentioned in my OP that it wasn't why we lost.

Doesn't mean this isn't a bad look but guess you're okay with that.

Our QB even mentioned it in post game how the crowd leaving sucked the life out of the stadium. If you don't think the other players noticed you're kidding yourself. Sports are all about the energy the crowd gives the home team. Our students quit on the team.

Whoever left, not just students.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Whoever left, not just students.

I give a bit more leeway to non-students just because of traffic and having to possibly drive hours back home. I wish they would stay and gut it out at least til the 4th quarter. Students, however, get no leeway from me. They have nowhere they need to be, they don't have to drive back home. Just pisses me off because my one year I transferred to Auburn in 2010 I didn't get tickets and would have been pissed if I saw the student section empty out at halftime.

6 minutes ago, TeganInbama said:

been here almost a year. mostly lurk

we got out played and out-coached. nothing wrong with giving the opponent credit. they are trying to win the game

And this thread had nothing to do with being out-coached or not giving the opponent credit. YOU brought that up in your first post. You decided after a year of mostly lurking to bring up something that had nothing to do with the OP.

I hate to see it but it happens at every SEC school now. Not a dang thing you can do about it. 

• Thanks 1