Been a while my thoughts

austudnt23

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

Who doesn’t want LK? You? 

Most of us lmao, you are just ignoring the people roasting you for the bad takes you are saying on this thread.

Edited by Didba

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

It has very little  to do with us as fans. The money team are going to always make the decision that benefits them at the end of the day. If that were the case and we have the money that you speak of, we would’ve offered life changing money prior to CBH. Quite frankly fans are a fickle bunch. There is no justification to even talk about firing a coach after his first year unless he goes full coach Ellis and nukes your pogram. That is just way too reactive. 

The fans determine to moves all i will say. 

41 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Well im sorry he is a better coach by a wide margin than our current one. Recruiting is a very important aspect of coaching this has to be factored in know this. On field only who thinks BH better than LK show of hands.

Oh yeah sure he's the best on field coach that loses ball games by leaving 9 points on the field. SMH man. Kiffin is a great offensive mind. He's never been know as a program builder and that is what people want at Auburn. If you don't think Kiffen would leave Auburn in a heartbeat for a better job then I guess you don't know Kiffen.

15 minutes ago, Didba said:

Dude... you know that saying about foolishness and opening your mouth? You just keep at it bud. I respect all the stuff you have done in the past but everything you have said in this thread have been horrible takes besides the NIL stuff.

And before you say "who the hell are you?" Im just a guy that watches a lot of film, and likes to break down scheme for the less Xs and Os inclined people on this site.

I respect you we are all AU fans we are family.  I am not attacking anyone just saying we all want to win right? LK isnt a bad guy no matter the mistakes he has made and to judge him on past mistakes that aren’t really on field mistakes is wrong.  I sat back and waited to see if BH could recruit in the new era he cant or hasnt. He hasnt used tools that gave AU a huge advantage to reach yearly greatness like saban dabo well prior to 2021, kirby, we should be in this group tearly now. 

Edited by austudnt23

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Oh yeah sure he's the best on field coach that loses ball games by leaving 9 points on the field. SMH man. Kiffin is a great offensive mind. He's never been know as a program builder and that is what people want at Auburn. If you don't think Kiffen would leave Auburn in a heartbeat for a better job then I guess you don't know Kiffen.

Is BH a better coach than LK? Or recruiter?

12 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I wasnt saying u were wrong dude i just answering the question

Yeah I know, maybe my tone sound bad through text. I'm just saying I feel you. I know you weren't ran off, especially from something waaay back then

31 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Harsin                          Kiffin

HC Record          82-28 75%                  74-41   64%

Conf Titles          4                                  2

Bowls                  3-2                              2-2

Losing seasons  0                                  1

Head to Head     1-0                               0-1

Years ranked      4 of 9                           1 of 10

At end of year

Left on the tarmac?

Harsin: 0 Kiffen:1

Left a school in the middle of the night for a better job that then left him on the tarmac?

Harsin: 0 Kiffen: 1

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Nice try at deflecting away from what makes Kiffen a bad hire for AU. You haven't addressed anything people have said roasting your bad takes. You just respond with those two points like they are the winning ticket.

I wasn't going to respond to your deflections but I guess I'll indulge you. It doesn't matter who is the better coach or recruiter if one of them leaves the program for a bigger program. You still haven't addressed that. There are at least 8-10 school that Kiffen would leave Auburn for. Maybe more. 

Say Auburn hires Kiffen and then he leaves in two years. Now Auburn is in a worse spot then they were after Gus was fired. Plus, Kiffen's volatility hurts him in recruiting. Kids are decommiting from Ole Miss rn bc they feel that kiffin may take a job at a bigger school.

Had we gotten Cristobal it would have been a huge hire. He can succeed yearly and recruit modern era. Our pr team did a great job making BH look like early Saban at Bama. This isnt 2008 anymore though. Plus Saban was already an established coach. I am not saying that is not really his coaching philosophy im saying wrong hire imo.

I expect immediate results with the talent we had bc CGM recruited very well except for OL. Even at OL top tier SEC. Why are we giving a guy who made millions am excuse? It makes no sense. As for OL we have a 4 star at every position well Brahms Trox Jones Hamm Council wasnt but. 

7 minutes ago, Didba said:

Nice try at deflecting away from what makes Kiffen a bad hire for AU. You haven't addressed anything people have said roasting your bad takes. You just respond with those two points like they are the winning ticket.

I wasn't going to respond to your deflections but I guess I'll indulge you. It doesn't matter who is the better coach or recruiter if one of them leaves the program for a bigger program. You still haven't addressed that. There are at least 8-10 school that Kiffen would leave Auburn for. Maybe more. 

Say Auburn hires Kiffen and then he leaves in two years. Now Auburn is in a worse spot then they were after Gus was fired. Plus, Kiffen's volatility hurts him in recruiting. Kids are decommiting from Ole Miss rn bc they feel that kiffin may take a job at a bigger school.

LK wouldnt leave AU for anywhere but UA imo.

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are thinking as a fan. You aren’t thinking rationally. You don’t fire a coach after one year and expect to find greatness, unless it’s justifiable. Secondly, you are arguing for CLK. IMO, that makes zero sense.

100% this. Thinking like a fan, not an AD or a Coach.  Sure after the Moo State game I was irate. Angry as a trussed hog. Blitz MASON FOR THE LOVE OF GOD was screamed by me.

But the next week I pulled my emotions back and looked at the film critically, rationally, and with objectivity. I stopped thinking like a fan and was trying to think like a coach.

I was able to see that blitzing wouldn't have helped, the scheme was good we just didn't execute it when exhausted bc of the offensive woes among many other things I have opined in various threads throughout this week. It seems to me that the bad takes in this thread are from fans having Knee jerk reactions to the State loss. Schematically, State was the worst matchup for our defense and we had to keep Rogers on the sideline. We didn't and he torched us in the 2nd half.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Lol do you know any of what you speak?

Do you?

When are we firing Harsin and throwing 10mm at Lane?

23 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

BH is recruiting better than Lane right now.  Lane hasn't really had a good class and he's not going to have Eddie Gran or Coach O cheating their asses off to get him the class he got at UT

• Like 1

1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

Lol where did i say that was happening it could

So i said we aren't firing Harsin and throwing 10 at Lane.  You said I don't know what I'm talking about...so that means we are doing it.

39 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Ik for a fact our donors will do their part now its time for us to reach yearly greatness.

If that's the case, the money would be better spent on paying players (legally even), not a new set of coaches.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

BH is recruiting better than Lane right now.  Lane hasn't really had a good class and he's not going to have Eddie Gran or Coach O cheating their asses off to get him the class he got at UT

This is not right put LK at AU and see the diff.

Just now, The Freak said:

If that's the case, the money would be better spent on paying players (legally even), not a new set of coaches.

Our coaches dont know how or havent shown they know how to compete in recruiting this way. 

2 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

LK wouldnt leave AU for anywhere but UA imo.

Texas, LSU, OU, Florida, tOSU, Aggies, Bama, Clemson, USC [lol] maybe Oregon, maybe Penn state and ND too. These are schools off the top of my head that Kiffin would likely leave Auburn for, IMO, not from an Auburn fan POV but just as a CFB fan. Auburn is not as highly a desired job as you think it is. Gotta take the orange and blue shades off and look at it with some objectivity.

I appreciate you addressing that finally though. I apologize for being a but harsh in some of my replies. It was unnecessary.

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So i said we aren't firing Harsin and throwing 10 at Lane.  You said I don't know what I'm talking about...so that means we are doing it.

You have no clue really you are not saying anything you know just a statement that right now looks to be true. AU fans have become complacent its a fact. We are satisfied with being good every 7-8 years. My great uncle who turned this whole program around in 1981 is rolling over in his grave.

Only advantage of anyone replacing Saban will be his recruits for about 2 seasons.  Once the next guy goes 9-3 or 8-4 the knives will come out.  I don’t think Kiffen wants to put up with that unless he wants to get back to the back office of Gillets again.