Been a while my thoughts

austudnt23

1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

Throw ten million per year at Kiffin after season ends see what happens. Before this causes an eruption i will explain my thoughts.

First why are we not using Ranes etc big time money to score kids in recruiting. In regards to NIL A&M is using it well. Do they not want to back Harsin led program?

Edited by austudnt23
  • Like 1

The offense the second half falls on Bobo and Harsin. The terrible effort i blame mostly on Harsin. How do you go into the locker room preaching finish and come out with that?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

If this team was led by Kiffin and he brought Corral we have one loss and idek if we would have lost to UGA.  Kiffin and MC very close he would have followed LK. Ik we shot feelers to Kiffin but we should have thrown big bucks at him last year.

3 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Tank being severely underused. Hunter will be very good but he isnt in same league as Tank currently.

Tank being under-used. On the surface if you just look at stats vs expectations, I would agree it appears that way. The problem is that our OL has struggled to get push once Defenses adjust.

Remember when we had a coach that would run our rb up the Center's rump 17 times in a row even though it wasn't working? I am thankful that we have a coach that is not doing that. At least they are trying something different, but definitely need to find something that works and can't have games like Tex AM and Miss ST where we go into complete Offensive drouts.

There is no way of knowing what we would have had if came here this year, but I am glad we didn't get him nor do I want him.

Everybody needs to chill. I wonder if Bama fans were as big of babies as AU fans when they lost at home to ULM? I mean teams are going to lose games. The very best of coaches are going to have some mind boggling performances at times and before everyone starts with the "for 5mil per year they shouldn't be afforded that yada yada" I agree. That's a lot of money to have blunders, but every single coach out there has them.

Let's calm down a bit and see what we finish this recruiting class with and if any staff changes are made before next season.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

First why are we not using Ranes etc big time money to score kids in recruiting. In regards to NIL A&M is using it well. Do they not want to back Harsin led program?

Wow! A question that’s have never been asked before. 

Continue.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Tank being under-used. On the surface if you just look at stats vs expectations, I would agree it appears that way. The problem is that our OL has struggled to get push once Defenses adjust.

Agree.  We run well at times, but most of the time we don't.  I'm not totally sure if it is scheme or talent or execution, but it is weird like vs State we seemed to run at will, but then all of a sudden couldn't.  

Well, the pathetic, Harsin and Bobo led team that you allege we are sure got beat down by your boy Lane and Ole Miss. Out of curiosity, are you Jimmy Sexton trying to plant the seeds for Lane to get a raise? Do better man because this thread is bad. The obsession across the SEC with Lane is very bizarre

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Well, the pathetic, Harsin and Bobo led team that you allege we are sure got beat down by your boy Lane and Ole Miss. Out of curiosity, are you Jimmy Sexton trying to plant the seeds for Lane to get a raise? Do better man because this thread is bad. The obsession across the SEC with Lane is very bizarre

Original poster has been around a long time, often has valuable information that typical posters don't have, and I welcome his insights. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

My thoughts, We stuck with Harsin for awhile. I can't imagine the money is there to buy out another contract. If we do, Lane has proven too transitory fr y liking though I certainly would be happy with the hire. I wanted Freeze before. With how little it would take (money) to hire him, I would love to hire him.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Agree.  We run well at times, but most of the time we don't.  I'm not totally sure if it is scheme or talent or execution, but it is weird like vs State we seemed to run at will, but then all of a sudden couldn't.  

I really think it is just lack of talent on the OL. This OL has not been bad in pass pro, but run blocking has been as bad as I have seen in 9 years. We seem to get a few good gains early and then a run or two mixed in sporadically, but all and all for the most part it is shut down. The passing game opens up our run game. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Tank being severely underused. Hunter will be very good but he isnt in same league as Tank currently.

Tank has a case of the fumbleitis.  Not sure if that’s a case of aggravation because the run game has disappeared or lack of ball security.   Either way,  I think he is going to fumble every time he runs.   

As far as Saban and Alabama fans, no one panicked or was upset because they lost to ULM because Saban had recruiting already dialed in.   Fans knew that given a year or two and Alabama would be back to winning.   

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Great questions. You can legally pay kids. Why the hell don’t we have a top 10 class? Just offer them the NIL behind close doors. Blows my mind. 

Bring back the old Auburn. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, shabby said:

Original poster has been around a long time, often has valuable information that typical posters don't have, and I welcome his insights. 

That's all well and good. Everyone is entitled to their opinions of course. I'm just busting him up in good fun. Harsin may or may not be the answer, but I don't see how anyone can say that Lane is a huge upgrade over Harsin as of right now, especially after his coaching job against us a few weeks ago. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Throw ten million per year at Kiffin after season ends see what happens. Before this causes an eruption i will explain my thoughts.

He lives!

Twd Is Back GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Why are you treating this message board is if it is twitter and you have a letter count for each post?

He is extremely connected to the football program but was run off a few years ago by dumb posters that only come around when we lose.  No one you would even know.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, shabby said:

My thoughts, We stuck with Harsin for awhile. I can't imagine the money is there to buy out another contract. If we do, Lane has proven too transitory fr y liking though I certainly would be happy with the hire. I wanted Freeze before. With how little it would take (money) to hire him, I would love to hire him.

His buyout is currently lower than Gus'.  He's going to get 3 years minimum.  that that time his buyout will be like $7.

There's no reason to fire him now or next year...unless he goes 2-10