The Stat to Fire Bobo

AUght2win

Masons gotta go. I don't blame it all on him as the defensive talent has gone significantly down the last few years. I'm on the fence with Bobo still. It's not acceptable, but I guess I'm more understanding since our offense has been a complete joke for 3-4 years now. That was always going to be painful

4 minutes ago, 33gles said:

If Bobo and Mason aren't gone 30 seconds after the Iron Bowl, Harsin's not gonna last long.

The missed tackles and being out of position is inexcusable.  Entire D staff needs to be fired. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Masons gotta go. I don't blame it all on him as the defensive talent has gone significantly down the last few years. I'm on the fence with Bobo still. It's not acceptable, but I guess I'm more understanding since our offense has been a complete joke for 3-4 years now. That was always going to be painful

All true about our offense being a joke the last few years but Bobo’s play calling makes no sense at all.  

• Thanks 1

I encourage everyone to take a deep breath and check out all the KEY starters on both sides of the ball that Auburn didnt start this game due to injury. Part of blaming Malzahn for leaving Harsin with zero experienced depth is acknowledging that Harsins team has....zero experienced depth. 

Edited by aucanucktiger
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, aucanucktiger said:

I encourage everyone to take a deep breath and check out all the KEY starters on both sides of the ball that Auburn didnt start this game due to injury. Part of blaming Malzahn for leaving Harsin with zero experienced depth is acknowledging that Harsins team has....zero experienced depth. 

Breaking News: Auburn loses to a D3 transfer QB who had literally 0 scholarship offers.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Breaking News: Auburn loses to a D3 transfer QB who had literally 0 scholarship offers.

...who is now starting for an SEC school. Grow up.

1 minute ago, aucanucktiger said:

Carolina has played 3 different qbs this year.  And btw, our transfer qb has now started for 2 SEC teams.  Doesn’t mean anyone needs to “grow up”.   Ppl are emotional after this crap show we watched.  None of us have the answers, we all think we do.  

36 minutes ago, au302 said:

Bobo has been much worse. Technically, over the past 4 games, the defense has only had one bad game against MSU unless you want to count the first half of Ole Miss. But Bobo's offense has managed 3 points in the second half of Ole Miss, 3 points the whole game against A&M, 6 points second half of MSU, and 3 points in the last 3 quarters tonight. There are major issues on offense.

Edited by nurbis
  • Like 2

Bobo´s offense makes me long for the days of Malzahn´s offenses.

• Sad 1
  • Dislike 4

55 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

12 total second half points in our last 4 games combined.

Since LSU we have had a total of 2 fourth quarter touchdowns. One was in garbage time last week. 

How is that even possible in today’s game?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Wait wait wait... do you not understand the point I was making? How can you excuse away tonight's loss as due to key injuries when our opponent was impacted much more severely by injuries than we were.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Wait wait wait... do you not understand the point I was making? How can you excuse away tonight's loss as due to key injuries when our opponent was impacted much more severely by injuries than we were.

I’m out of likes. But I LOVE this post. 

Especially after he started his original post by “everybody needs to take a deep breath” lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dan-0 said:

I didn't know that was possible.... it feels dirty and wrong to even consider 😂

• Love 1

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

We did manage to beat Lane Kiffin with two weeks to prepare but he’s going to finish second in the SEC west with third stringers and walk on’s. Now that is coaching!

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan-0 said:

When a handful of us were accused of being Gus lovers or Gus apologists this is the point I (we) were trying to make. Did people actually think Mason was going to do a better job than Kevin Steele? Did people actually think Bobo and Harsinwere going to do a better job then Gus? Now look we’re about to go six and six barely bowl eligible.

• Like 2

Gus knew what Gus was. There’s at least some value in beating the same drum if you get to a song where that tune is needed. 
The problem with this current offense is that it’s basically suited to be a power football team with some RPO elements and dink and dunk passes (modern west coast style), and they instead want to air it out 50 times even when the matchup doesn’t call for it 

There really hasn’t been a real difference in terms of passing philosophy whether the running game is on or not. I’ll give Bobo credit for dancing with Arkansas and them exclusively forcing us to take the short stuff and build up to deep passes, but outside of that, it seems like he thinks we have KC Chiefs level talent and speed. 
The personnel is also very worrying. I know JJ was hurt early but he was able to go long before exploding last week. He looks like a real speed threat at least. Landen has been left in October. The slot sweeps are gone, the exotic tosses with Hunter are gone. No RB screens. I don’t get why we can’t do things that actually worked…again 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There really hasn’t been a real difference in terms of passing philosophy whether the running game is on or not.

This is a joke, right???   Auburn has thrown to tight ends more in one season than in all of Gus’ years.   Last night I noticed that Finley doesn’t look for the TE.  A couple of designed calls that he threw to them, but he never checked down to them.    Missed a big one on a play that could have been a big gainer, but threw it out in flat for no gain.  

7 hours ago, AU-24 said:

When a handful of us were accused of being Gus lovers or Gus apologists this is the point I (we) were trying to make. Did people actually think Mason was going to do a better job than Kevin Steele? Did people actually think Bobo and Harsinwere going to do a better job then Gus? Now look we’re about to go six and six barely bowl eligible.

Yes to both questions. When Steele ran out of Muschamp's players things went south. Absence must make the heart grow fonder on Malzahn's offense because he could play against a good UGA or LSU and not score for 3 weeks. People really are forgetting just how inept we were on offense outside of about 3 seasons. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, aubaseball said:

This is a joke, right???   Auburn has thrown to tight ends more in one season than in all of Gus’ years.   Last night I noticed that Finley doesn’t look for the TE.  A couple of designed calls that he threw to them, but he never checked down to them.    Missed a big one on a play that could have been a big gainer, but threw it out in flat for no gain.  

Post was saying that the focus on passing doesn’t change whether the run game is on or not. Implying that we’re still airing it out even when we’re killing it on the ground 

• Like 1