The Stat to Fire Bobo

AUght2win

6 minutes ago, AUreo said:

It’s already happening. Many WC kids receiving offers from AU now (esp. 2024 but also 2023 class). Most of these WC recruits are located in CA, WA, and UT including a number of Pacific Islanders. Won’t be easy to recruit against USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Notre Dame, BYU, Utah, Oklahoma in these areas…

That's really good. You're absolutely right. Won't be easy. But I could see us having more success against those programs than the big dogs in the SEC right now. I believe Schmedding, Bedel, Kiesau, and Watts are all from Cali/Wash

There's a lot of knee-jerk reaction in this thread. (No, I didn't read all 50 responses, the first page was enough)

I think the staff should be kept together another season and give them a fair chance to work things out. Period. After another year, maybe then Harsin will see that some changes need to be made, maybe not. But they should get a reasonable opportunity to get us on the right track.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s Gus’s fault Gus didn’t adjust but man, those tempo changes really don’t get talked about enough from neutral media when discussing that guy’s last few years. His spear was taken from him 

Agree 100%! And yes, after the rule change, Gus should’ve adjusted!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

There's a lot of knee-jerk reaction in this thread. (No, I didn't read all 50 responses, the first page was enough)

I think the staff should be kept together another season and give them a fair chance to work things out. Period. After another year, maybe then Harsin will see that some changes need to be made, maybe not. But they should get a reasonable opportunity to get us on the right track.

Why do you want Auburn to only win 5 games next year? Lmao you think Mike Bobo will turn into Ryan Day in the off season? He is a sh*t play caller. He should be fired today. 

They’ve had all season for a fair chance. They are who they are. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, woodford said:

Why do you want Auburn to only win 5 games next year? Lmao you think Mike Bobo will turn into Ryan Day in the off season? He is a sh*t play caller. He should be fired today. 

They’ve had all season for a fair chance. They are who they are. 

We hired Harsin to run a clean program and win games. The way this works, you hire a guy, give him the authority to act and hold him accountable for the results. If assistants need to be replaced, that's Harsin's call, not ours. We'd better hope Harsin knows what he's doing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We hired Harsin to run a clean program and win games. The way this works, you hire a guy, give him the authority to act and hold him accountable for the results. If assistants need to be replaced, that's Harsin's call, not ours. We'd better hope Harsin knows what he's doing.

Everyone is “clean” after July 1, 2021 (or whenever NIL went into effect” 

He’s won 6 (lost 2 maybe 3 because of his incompetence)

If he doesn’t make staff changes then it’s a major red flag 

I personally don’t think CBH knows what he got himself into by taking the Auburn job

1 minute ago, woodford said:

Everyone is “clean” after July 1, 2021 (or whenever NIL went into effect” 

That much is not true. There are just as many ways as ever to get in trouble with the NCAA. The NIL creates even more opportunities to find trouble.

Bobo may have made bad calls that caused or at least led to three losses. Remember, a bad call is only bad after it doesn't work. To repeat, if Bobo needs firing it will be Harsin's decision.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That much is not true. There are just as many ways as ever to get in trouble with the NCAA. The NIL creates even more opportunities to find trouble.

Bobo may have made bad calls that caused or at least led to three losses. Remember, a bad call is only bad after it doesn't work. To repeat, if Bobo needs firing it will be Harsin's decision.

Even if that 4th and 1 was successful that is so dumb when you have a 6’7 QB who can just fall over the LOS not to mention Tank who had 5 or so YPC at that moment. 

Of course no one here can actually fire anyone but CBH should fire Bobo and that’s my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, woodford said:

If he doesn’t make staff changes then it’s a major red flag 

I personally don’t think CBH knows what he got himself into by taking the Auburn job

And it may not be his decision whether or not he can fire the coordinators he was told to hire...

So long as the PTB has their hands in the cookie jar, Auburn will be one giant, glowing, red-hot flag to college football

21 minutes ago, woodford said:

that is so dumb when you have a 6’7 QB who can just fall over the LOS

That's what I'm talking about.  Why overcomplicate things when he didn't have to.  Just line up under center and let your super-sized QB push the pile.  smh

• Like 1

I don’t care what anybody says, somewhere, there is a pile of money big enough to go out and CONVINCE Bob Stoops (or another giant, proven talent) into giving up his TV analyst job and coming back to add to his legacy and resurrect a vaunted, legendary football program. Napier, Aranda, (I defer to others to determine who the best proven commodity would be) but let’s throw a freaking GIANT number at the BEST available coach(es)…..I had never heard of Bryan Harsin and I follow college football pretty well. Although I truly don’t care about the mountain west, truth be known.  

13 hours ago, woodford said:

Even if that 4th and 1 was successful that is so dumb when you have a 6’7 QB who can just fall over the LOS not to mention Tank who had 5 or so YPC at that moment. 

Of course no one here can actually fire anyone but CBH should fire Bobo and that’s my opinion. 

Going for it in that situation was dumb. That's got to be on Harsin, the head coach makes such decisions.

If the play call was Bobo's, that was dumber. QB sneak by Finley or hand it to Tank would have made sense. A downfield pass did not make sense.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

If the play call was Bobo's, that was dumber. QB sneak by Finley or hand it to Tank would have made sense. A downfield pass did not make sense.

I read Bigsby wasn't even on the field for the play. That is how stupid/tunnel visioned Bobo must be. Okay, so you are throwing the ball here but at least let's have our All SEC tailback on the field as a decoy.

Malzahn was guilty of this. Like an inner voice telling the play caller how smart they are going to appear when this play call works.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 10:30 PM, au302 said:

Masons gotta go. I don't blame it all on him as the defensive talent has gone significantly down the last few years. I'm on the fence with Bobo still. It's not acceptable, but I guess I'm more understanding since our offense has been a complete joke for 3-4 years now. That was always going to be painful

Offensive play calling was horrendous.  4th quarter defensive play calling horrendous.  Players played valiantly.  Hats off to Bama but it was our game to lose........and we did.  Still, our players gave a mighty effort.

6 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Bump. Too soon? 😏

Nope.  You're late.  

Bobo is a boiler plate OC you hire when you don't know what you're doing or you can't find anyone else. 

After last night's game, I'm sure we can find someone else.  

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2021 at 9:30 PM, au302 said:

Masons gotta go. I don't blame it all on him as the defensive talent has gone significantly down the last few years. I'm on the fence with Bobo still. It's not acceptable, but I guess I'm more understanding since our offense has been a complete joke for 3-4 years now. That was always going to be painful

Did you see how great the defense played. I was at the game. The defense was stellar and you want Mason to go. 

Our O was ineffective yesterday because the o-line that Bobo inherited was over powered no matter what he called. We lost yesterday because of how poorly Gus recruited O-line.

The whole team played with heart it was obvious they have bought into Harsin.

• Thanks 1

Defense was gassed by that last drive of regulation. Scheme wasn't the issue. Now I do have my reservations about how Mason handles his rotation and personnel management, but last night Mason bought back some of that good will.

Offense has been lackluster every game outside of the Akron and Arkansas game, and of course the second half slumps should be enough to get Bobo fired. It's not just the calls in critical moments but the whole approach.

Mason earned his money yesterday. The scheme was spot on, and the D played lights-out. 

Bobo is a joke however.  He would be gone by the bowl game if I had a vote.  

• Like 1

For the first time in recent memory, Auburn actually had a competent backup QB ready to step in and play. Who did that? Who coached him? Because any other year with the starter out, we don't have a chance in hell. But that's ok. Without Harsin/Bobo, let's all figure out how to (1) get a decent backup QB, (2) scheme around a weak OL, (3) scheme around WRs who can't get consistently open, or consistently catch the ball, and (4) have TE's actually be a receiving threat. But that's fine. I'm sure someone out there had the miracle potion needed for this roster.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, slyinsocal said:

For the first time in recent memory, Auburn actually had a competent backup QB ready to step in and play. Who did that? Who coached him? Because any other year with the starter out, we don't have a chance in hell. But that's ok. Without Harsin/Bobo, let's all figure out how to (1) get a decent backup QB, (2) scheme around a weak OL, (3) scheme around WRs who can't get consistently open, or consistently catch the ball, and (4) have TE's actually be a receiving threat. But that's fine. I'm sure someone out there had the miracle potion needed for this roster.

Yeah Bobo sure worked some miracles this year. One second half touchdown in the final 5 games. What would we do without him? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah Bobo sure worked some miracles this year. One second half touchdown in the final 5 games. What would we do without him? 

How is that possible? 

I guess he’s not getting canned because here still here. Great. 7-5 next year is a lock. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, woodford said:

7-5 next year is a lock.

Unless we hit the O-line lotto, you're probably about right. We won't see daylight until 2023 at the earliest and if we recruit and use the transfer portal well.