The Vaccine Moment, Part One

SLAG-91

Article by Paul Kingsnorth, a writer based out of the UK.

https://paulkingsnorth.substack.com/p/the-vaccine-moment-part-one

Quote from the article, bolded emphasis mine:

"Covid is a revelation. It has lain bare splits in the social fabric that were always there but could be ignored in better times. It has revealed the compliance of the legacy media and the power of Silicon Valley to curate and control the public conversation. It has confirmed the sly dishonesty of political leaders, and their ultimate obeisance to corporate power. It has shown up ‘The Science’ for the compromised ideology it is.

Most of all, it has revealed the authoritarian streak that lies beneath so many people, and which always emerges in fearful times.  In the last month alone I have watched media commentators calling for censorship of their political opponents, philosophy professors justifying mass internment, and human rights lobby groups remaining silent about ‘vaccine passports.’ I have watched much of the political left transition openly into the authoritarian movement it probably always was, and countless ‘liberals’ campaigning against liberty. As freedom after freedom has been taken away, I have watched intellectual after intellectual justify it all. I have been reminded of what I always knew: cleverness has no relationship to wisdom."

• Facepalm 2

The 'Conversation' isn't being silenced or controlled. 

Anti-vaccine rhetoric and opinions are very prevalent and are very easy to find online in just about any community and through Google, and when you do find it you see that the vast majority of anti-vaccine information and arguments that are put out there is crazy, obviously false and easily disproven. 

These people share videos of "doctors" claiming the vaccine magnetizes your body or mutates your DNA then cries that they are being treated like Jews in Nazi Germany whenever Facebook deletes their post or people laugh at them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Anti-vaccine rhetoric and opinions are very prevalent and are very easy to find online in just about any community and through Google, and when you do find it you see that the vast majority of anti-vaccine information and arguments that are put out there is crazy, obviously false and easily disproven. 

These people share videos of "doctors" claiming the vaccine magnetizes your body or mutates your DNA then cries that they are being treated like Jews in Nazi Germany whenever Facebook deletes their post or people laugh at them. 

Straw-Man-1.jpg

image-15.jpg

Edited by metafour
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Not fair using facts in this debate.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Article by Paul Kingsnorth, a writer based out of the UK.

https://paulkingsnorth.substack.com/p/the-vaccine-moment-part-one

Quote from the article, bolded emphasis mine:

"Covid is a revelation. It has lain bare splits in the social fabric that were always there but could be ignored in better times. It has revealed the compliance of the legacy media and the power of Silicon Valley to curate and control the public conversation. It has confirmed the sly dishonesty of political leaders, and their ultimate obeisance to corporate power. It has shown up ‘The Science’ for the compromised ideology it is.

Most of all, it has revealed the authoritarian streak that lies beneath so many people, and which always emerges in fearful times.  In the last month alone I have watched media commentators calling for censorship of their political opponents, philosophy professors justifying mass internment, and human rights lobby groups remaining silent about ‘vaccine passports.’ I have watched much of the political left transition openly into the authoritarian movement it probably always was, and countless ‘liberals’ campaigning against liberty. As freedom after freedom has been taken away, I have watched intellectual after intellectual justify it all. I have been reminded of what I always knew: cleverness has no relationship to wisdom."

The UK ain’t here.

Here’s how a segment of folks in the US define freedom:

DB3011FA-F610-4B67-AEEA-BD5F5A726C11.jpeg

On 11/24/2021 at 5:23 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

People that refuse to listen to reason and do believe that deserve to be laughed at and mocked by society.  As I'm certain you would agree, the right to say foolish things does not protect someone from the consequences of them proving their ignorance.

• 4 weeks later...