Why the news at Auburn is always so dramatic

aubiefifty

do not shoot the messenger. it is slow and we need more things to discuss. not big on bran but some of what he says appears to make sense...........

• Like 1

has BM lost weight?

Good lord!🤣 BM lost me when he said that Auburn boosters are the only ones that do this lmao. Texas is notorious for their boosters to so we are not the only ones. 🤣

Plus his credibility is not that great. 

• Like 2

Was never really a fan of his reporting while he was here. But, that was an interesting listen based on how his 7 years covering Auburn went. I don't doubt anything he said, just sad it is that way.

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Good lord!🤣 BM lost me when he said that Auburn boosters are the only ones that do this lmao. Texas is notorious for their boosters to so we are not the only ones. 🤣

Plus his credibility is not that great. 

I imagine every major program has issues with boosters, it is probably inherent to boosters.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I imagine every major program has issues with boosters, it is probably inherent to boosters.

Oh they are, I was just using Texas as a recent example. 

Edited by autiger88

Marcello’s always been fairly accurate and our fans never seem to want to acknowledge it.  He has a tendency to be a wet blanket and focus on the negative, so our people misinterpret that as him not knowing what he’s talking about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Marcello’s always been fairly accurate and our fans never seem to want to acknowledge it.  He has a tendency to be a wet blanket and focus on the negative, so our people misinterpret that as him not knowing what he’s talking about.

If you don’t pump sunshine as a reporter then this board won’t like you

• Like 3

Auburn stories are often disproportionately dramatic for 3 reasons: first, a huge number of sports writers were embarassed by the Cam Newton non story and apparently hold a grudge; second, sportswriters sometimes accept well funded rival programs "incentive$" to embellish, and third, Auburn is one of the few top tier college programs that has NO significant local media outlet to slant/offset SI, ESPN, Thalmel, Al.com, etc etc.

• Thanks 2