2000 Mules: A tour de force exploring the limits of how many suckers there are willing to pay for fantasy.

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

oh so that makes him trust worthy now? if he was a lib you guys would be all over it.

I'll repost the part of my original post that you quoted in case you missed it:

Not saying that’s OK either, just sharing what I looked up.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

O.k.  I have no idea what any of that has to do with what I typed.  I know health care a pet topic of yours.

The bottom line is that you can't have a massive centralized federal government and expect that people aren't going to—one way or another—attempt use it to exert control whenever and wherever they can to benefit themselves.  Anywhere there is a massive sword laying around, people are going to fight for the ability to pick it up and swing it in furtherance of their objectives.

If you voted for Hillary Clinton for POTUS you voted for probably the individual most willing to sell government influence and generally all around greediest grifter to seek that office since I don't know who.  So if you did that I can't see that your concern about American greed is genuine.  It's likely just an excuse to give yourself a moral high ground to argue for the policies you favor.

But tying this to your recent hysteria about guns, the more powerful the tool, the greater the capacity for damage.  Also the greatest capacity for good.  The guy who makes drive-by cryptic statements as though they are fact yet never substantiates them may call that simplistic, but I challenge anyone to actually refute it (what he does is not in any way a refutation).  

The problem is that you think you can limit the damage while preserving the good.  And you are willing to do violence to the first amendment to accomplish this (and btw, calling a person's own campaign for a candidate "dark money" might play well in certain audiences, but all you're talking about is telling citizens that they don't have free speech when it comes to politics).  And, as usual, you completely ignore the direct questions I asked about how you plan to accomplish this practically.

Yes or no:  Posting "AU9377 For President!" would become illegal under your plan?  If not, you've done exactly nothing to achieve your goal.  Again, more people will see that on a decent online platform than they would on a billboard.  The internet IMO has made what you want to do impossible, so there's no point in considering it, really.

Violence to the first amendment is being done by it being abused in this way.    NO, posting that would in no way be illegal in what I suggested.  What would be illegal?  The NRA funneling $590,000 to a campaign thru a PAC. The Koch brothers funneling millions to candidates that have agreed to an EPA chief being appointed that will look the other way and not enforce laws and regulations meant to keep ground water drinkable. Not to be left out, it would also prevent G Soros from funneling millions on the left in the same manner and having undue influence on policy.

You believe that Hillary sells influence because you have been told that over and over and over again by the media you consume.  There has never been an allegation of that with any legs.  You were told that the Clinton Foundation received donations in some sort of scheme for influence, but you aren't told that the Clintons opened the books and were audited by everyone from the FBI to Charity Watch and the result was that nothing of the sort had occurred.  In fact, that foundation was given the highest rank by watchdog groups for their transparency and for the low amount of donated funds that were spent on overhead.  The Clintons never even took a salary of any kind.  Do they have more money now than when he was governor of Arkansas?  Yes.  He was a two term President and oversaw an economic growth and sustained period of peace not seen since.  People will pay hundreds of thousands of dollars just to have him attend their event and speak.  Hillary has been First Lady, a Senator, Secretary of State and the first woman to be nominated to be President by a major political party.  Her speaking fees are likely more per speech that is the President's salary.

Meanwhile, the Trump foundation was shut down as part of a settlement agreement resulting from it being a total fraud and fines were paid.  Funny how that isn't even a blip on the radar of concerns.  It is relevant to this discussion because the hypocrisy is astounding.

I don't have a recent hysteria about guns.  I own several guns.  I have always believed that an AR-15 has no business being sold in the United States.  I also believe that nobody needs a magazine capable of holding 30 rounds.  We have been discussing it more due to the fact that 19 children were killed in their classroom because an 18 year old, one who doesn't even possess a driving license, was able to easily purchase two AR-15s and over 30 mag clips on his birthday and commit this horrific crime.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 11:24 AM, jj3jordan said:

I have seen it. The data is real as are the tracking. They never say the ballots are fake. Although I believe they are.  They say that only family members can legally cast ballots for someone else.  There is no good reason for one person to visit 10 drop boxes on one night with multiple ballots each time at 3 am wearing gloves. Do you know a plausible explanation for this? And all of the mules did visit certain non profits also. Don’t you think that is just a little weird? If the suspicion was that republicans did this would you be more interested? They have all the names of the people and the non profits. They just did not want to identify them publicly.

On 5/17/2022 at 1:52 PM, jj3jordan said:

There is video of all these mules stuffing 5-10 ballots in multiple boxes. You can see the faces on some. Most try to cover them to reduce recognizability with hats and glasses. I don’t know why they are not exposing individuals or agencies. Maybe some legal hurdles are involved. I would love an explanation also for the actions all these people took.  I know you would not approve if the shoe were on the other foot.

Ex-Trump AG Bill Barr shown laughing at Dinesh D’Souza documentary purporting to prove voter fraud

Josh Marcus
4-5 minutes

Former Attorney General William Barr laughed out loud during testimony played before the 6 January insurrection hearings on Monday at the mentioned of 2000 Mules, a debunked election conspiracy documentary embraced by his former boss Donald Trump.

"My opinion then and my opinion now is that the election was not stolen by fraud," Mr Barr said. "And I haven’t seen anything since the election that changes my mind on that, including the 2000 Mules movie."

The former Trump official called the movie, by conservative commentator Dinesh D’Souza, “singularly unimpressive” and accused it of making “indefensible” claims.

The film, which has been repeatedly debunked by fact-checkers, claims that numerous people were illegally paid in highly contested states like Georgia and Arizona to collect and fraudulently deposit Democratic votes.

The documentary does not have any concrete proof that this actually occurred, beside a single unnamed whistleblower from Arizona claiming she saw what she “assumed” were payoffs taking place.

The film also makes specious use of cellphone geolocation data, which it claims shows ballot “mules” returning again and again to ballot drop locations.

Experts say such cell tower data is imprecise, and that there are many reasons why someone in a dense metro area like Atlanta or Philadelphia might pass by a ballot drop location for reasons totally unrelated to an election.

“You could use cellular evidence to say this person was in that area, but to say they were at the ballot box, you’re stretching it a lot,” Aaron Striegel, a professor of computer science and engineering at the University of Notre Dame, told The Associated Press. “There’s always a pretty healthy amount of uncertainty that comes with this.”

The documentarian defended his film on Monday on Twitter.

“Anyone who knows anything about geotracking—I don’t mean you—can see what an ignoramus Barr is on the topic,” Mr D’Souza, who himself pleaded guilty to illegal election contributions in 2014 before being pardoned by Trump, said after Mr Barr’s testimony. “A fat guy laughing doesn’t quite substitute for expertise on this topic!”

Mr Barr has been one of the few high-level members of the Trump administration to criticise the former president and affirm that the 2020 presidential election was conducted legitimately.

In December of that year, Mr Barr told the AP, “To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election.”

Following the 6 January riots at the Capitol, the former attorney general argued, “the President’s conduct yesterday was a betrayal of his office and supporters," adding that Mr Trump was “orchestrating a mob to pressure Congress.”

In his March 2022 memoir, One Damn Thing After Another, Mr Barr was even more pointed.

“The fact is, we have looked at the major claims your people are making, and they are bulls***,” he recalls of one exchange, adding that he once told Mr Trump, “I’ve told you that the fraud claims are not supported. … But your legal team continues to shovel this s*** out to the American people. And it is wrong.”

Beyond just featuring sharp testimony from Trump former associates, the 6 January hearings could be a prelude to unprecedented criminal charges against President Trump, the first for a former president in US history.

"Our entire investigation is a referral of crimes both to the Department of Justice and to the American people because this is a massive assault on our — on the machinery of American democracy," Maryland congressman Jamie Raskin told CNN on Sunday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i have a serious question? am i mistaken or did i not seen quite a few thumbs up when this article was posted about the movie? i get old and mixed up but i am sure i saw it. so i guess those on the right removed their likes and loves, etc? can anyone verify this?

LOL. D’ Souza is big mad that even Fox freaking News isn’t giving him and his propaganda film as much attention as he wants, and that they are showing Barr and Cheney’s attacks on it. 

he also went on an hours long Twitter meltdown rant on how Bill Barr is fat, ugly and stupid and how he’s so much smarter and would beat Barr in a debate. 

Now, I won’t pay money for 2000 mules, but I just might pay something to watch Dinesh and Barr slap fight each other. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Haha 1

On 5/23/2022 at 7:51 PM, icanthearyou said:

Agreed.  Just don't attempt to severely limit the types of photo ID required.  Individual voter fraud is just not much of a problem.

We must get money out of the political process.  A government that is for sale is not a democracy and, it's economy is not capitalistic.

i was trying to tell wde on here but maybe i got the state wrong as it was in texas. do you remeber?

23 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i was trying to tell wde on here but maybe i got the state wrong as it was in texas. do you remeber?

I was thinking about Alabama.

• Like 1

dinesh is a known liar AND a felon so go let him eat fish heads................

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

dinesh is a known liar AND a felon so go let him eat fish heads................

I think he is Indian by birth and has eaten his share of fish heads. Are you asking him out for lunch? 

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

I think he is Indian by birth and has eaten his share of fish heads. Are you asking him out for lunch? 

not even if he was buying..............