This Is the Problem

When the people at the top are motivated by money, not principle, when they ignore the law as if it were meaningless, when ambition is replaced with greed,,,

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/6/8/fbi-investigates-former-us-general-over-qatar-lobbying-role

why would you expect the rest of society to not follow the example? 

The problem in this country is a lack of integrity, character, honor at the highest levels.  Public service has been replaced with the self serving, self dealing.

The government of this country is openly for sale to anyone with money.  We have achieved third world corruption status.

Our problems have NOTHING to do with the poor, the immigrants, the gays, the minorities, the powerless.  Those are purely distractions.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

When the people at the top are motivated by money, not principle, when they ignore the law as if it were meaningless, when ambition is replaced with greed,,,

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/6/8/fbi-investigates-former-us-general-over-qatar-lobbying-role

why would you expect the rest of society to not follow the example? 

The problem in this country is a lack of integrity, character, honor at the highest levels.  Public service has been replaced with the self serving, self dealing.

The government of this country is openly for sale to anyone with money.  We have achieved third world corruption status.

Our problems have NOTHING to do with the poor, the immigrants, the gays, the minorities, the powerless.  Those are purely distractions.

I wouldn't say "nothing" but there's iron in your words. A lot of it is a by-product of the poor leadership we have had in this country for some time. In due time it will come to a chaotic end and the United States will split. 

Edited by autigeremt

21 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I wouldn't say "nothing" but there's iron in your words. A lot of it is a by-product of the poor leadership we have had in this country for some time. In due time it will come to a chaotic end and the United States will split. 

I disagree.  Our leadership is not poor.  Our leadership is corrupt and self serving.  They are looting the country by deed and by debt.  There will ultimately be too little to argue over. 

As long as people believe the powerless are the problem, the powerful will rape the country, the environment, society.

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Splitting would require a great deal of sacrifice.  I don't believe Americans are willing to sacrifice to that level.

We are too ignorant to have revolution.  Our discourse sounds like a debate between Edmund Burke and Thomas Paine (which we largely do not understand).  Those we should rebel against care about neither.  Those we should be revolting against only care about the idea of completely unimpeded capitalism.  It is purely a might makes right, power philosophy void of any sense of morality, patriotism, humanity.