Voter concerns vs. media concerns...quite revealing

SLAG-91

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Right.  Ever reference made by every figure in our history plus everyone in the whole world that describes America as a democracy is just wrong.

You betcha.  :rolleyes:

What a classical example of a pedantic argument taken to an extreme.

It is a narrative crafted to destroy democracy,,, what little is left of democracy.  The fascists have control.  The more society deteriorates, the sooner we get to authoritarianism.  At least 30% of this country is already on board.

The destruction of organized labor has killed us.

On 7/3/2022 at 12:21 PM, homersapien said:

Who is willing to testify but hasn't done so because they weren't asked?   Who?

While you are trying to come up with an example, here's 5 Republicans who have been asked but are refusing:

"The Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol sent subpoenas to House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy of California, Andy Biggs of Arizona, Jim Jordan of Ohio, Scott Perry of Pennsylvania and Mo Brooks of Alabama. The Republican members all had been invited to testify voluntarily, committee Chairman Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), said in a Thursday news release."

https://tennesseelookout.com/2022/05/12/u-s-house-jan-6-committee-subpoenas-5-gop-members-who-declined-to-testify/

The secret service that was there and said Trump never had the altercation in "the beast" as Cassidy Hutchinson described. Plus everything she says is second hand testimony. 

Here's a link to a left leaning media source stating what I said about secret service willing to testify.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/secret-service-jan-6-committee-trump-cassidy-hutchinson-testimony/

Edited by AU80cruiser
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

It is a narrative crafted to destroy democracy,,, what little is left of democracy.  The fascists have control.  The more society deteriorates, the sooner we get to authoritarianism.  At least 30% of this country is already on board.

The destruction of organized labor has killed us.

The left are the authoritarians man. They are the ones that want less freedom. They keep pushing for big government such as mask mandates and vaccine mandates. Roe v. Wade is another example. The Supreme Court put it in the hands of the state and the left are all up in arms about it. It should be handled at the state level....it should not be federally enforced. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

The left are the authoritarians man. They are the ones that want less freedom. They keep pushing for big government such as mask mandates and vaccine mandates. Roe v. Wade is another example. The Supreme Court put it in the hands of the state and the left are all up in arms about it. It should be handled at the state level....it should not be federally enforced. 

“Let’s the states be as authoritarian as they want, man! It’s about state freedom, not individual freedom, man!”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Is this satire?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

“Let’s the states be as authoritarian as they want, man! It’s about state freedom, not individual freedom, man!”

Getting away from federal restrictions and putting it in the state is getting you closer to personal freedom man! Ppl in your state are more likely to share similar beliefs so your personal freedom is affected by that whether you want to admit it or not.

4 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

The secret service that was there and said Trump never had the altercation in "the beast" as Cassidy Hutchinson described. Plus everything she says is second hand testimony. 

Here's a link to a left leaning media source stating what I said about secret service willing to testify.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/secret-service-jan-6-committee-trump-cassidy-hutchinson-testimony/

The particular agent that said that is a MAGA. He was Trump's former deputy chief of staff:

https://www.salon.com/2022/06/29/officials-disputed-cassidy-hutchinson-bombshell-testimony-were-trumps-yes-men-report/

Officials who disputed Cassidy Hutchinson bombshell testimony were Trump’s “yes men”: report

Agents disputed that Trump tried to grab steering wheel, driver. Her lawyer says they should testify under oath

And he has a history of lying for Trump:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/07/03/two-former-white-house-aides-say-top-secret-service-official-may-lying-protect-trump/7796127001/?gnt-cfr=1

Two former White House aides say top Secret Service official defending Trump on Jan. 6 has history of lying

Donald Trump's former deputy chief of staff is disputing explosive testimony that the former president tried to grab the wheel of the presidential limo on Jan. 6 to join protestors at the Capitol.

More importantly, this detail about Trump lunging toward the driver is basically inconsequential to the key fact that Trump wanted to lead the mob to the capital.  That is not it doubt.

Trump also knew the mob was armed and he wanted the metal detectors removed.

How does it feel to be a modern traitor?  Proud?

What projection!  :laugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Listen to a little Tim Pool if you're having a hard time understanding how authoritarian the left has become.

Oh, it wasn't satire then it is highly ironic

And nah I am good on the Tim Pool, "Pool attended a Catholic school until completing the fifth grade and left school at the age of 14." "Tim Pool is an American YouTuber, political commentator and podcast host".

Yeah man, I don't really care what a conservative political youtuber has to say, especially one that left school at the age of 14.  Just doesn't hold much weight for me as a law school grad with a Political Science degree in undergrad. 

I mean as much as I don't like Shapiro, he at least has a Harvard law degree and a PoliSci Degree from UCLA as such is more credible as a source than someone like Tim Pool.

Edited by Didba

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What projection!  :laugh:

Yeah I thought it was satire at first but when he doubled down I realized it was just ironic. One party attempts to make voting as easy as possible for US citizens and the other is attempting to keep as many citizens from voting as possible by making it harder to vote in a ton of ways. Also, one side literally tried to have an election overturned.  Yet, the side that is trying to preserve civil rights and allow easier voting for all citizens is the authoritarians.  Makes you wonder.

Getting away from federal restrictions and putting it in the state is getting you closer to personal freedom man! Ppl in your state are more likely to share similar beliefs so your personal freedom is affected by that whether you want to admit it or not.

"yeah, allowing state governments to take away civil rights is increasing personal freedom man, because as long as its not the Feds doing it its 'small' government. faaaar ouuut man."

18 minutes ago, Didba said:

Yeah I thought it was satire at first but when he doubled down I realized it was just ironic. One party attempts to make voting as easy as possible for US citizens and the other is attempting to keep as many citizens from voting as possible by making it harder to vote in a ton of ways. Also, one side literally tried to have an election overturned.  Yet, the side that is trying to preserve civil rights and allow easier voting for all citizens is the authoritarians.  Makes you wonder.

Yeah, comparing what Republican fascists are doing to restrict voting rights and personal rights to public health measures was patently absurd. Insane even.

You might feel a little differently about granting states unlimited power to restrict individual rights if you were black.

Know what Jim Crow laws are?  

Well I am old enough to actually remember them.  Again, how old are you?

“Personal freedom is having the state gubment telling you what you can’t do! Can’t marry that person! Can’t go to school with these folks! Can’t make your own medical decisions! Folks like you can’t vote! Ain’t freedom from a meddlesome Supreme Court great!”

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Didba said:

Oh, it wasn't satire then it is highly ironic

And nah I am good on the Tim Pool, "Pool attended a Catholic school until completing the fifth grade and left school at the age of 14." "Tim Pool is an American YouTuber, political commentator and podcast host".

Yeah man, I don't really care what a conservative political youtuber has to say, especially one that left school at the age of 14.  Just doesn't hold much weight for me as a law school grad with a Political Science degree in undergrad. 

I mean as much as I don't like Shapiro, he at least has a Harvard law degree and a PoliSci Degree from UCLA as such is more credible as a source than someone like Tim Pool.

First of all your facts are wrong. You see how your left wing search found you the incorrect info? You read a left wing article to see someone incorrectly label him a conservative. Libertarian would be the correct description. Thats why all yalls "facts" are screwed up. They arent facts at all but rather opinions skewed in the lens of left wing media.

Do yourself a favor and dont just write someone off because they didnt get as prestigious of a degree as you did. You never know what you can learn from someone.

Tim Pool and Ben Shapiro are actually quite equal when it comes to understanding what the heck is going on in this country.

Edited by AU80cruiser

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

You might feel a little differently about granting states unlimited power to restrict individual rights if you were black.

Know what Jim Crow laws are?  

Well I am old enough to actually remember them.  Again, how old are you?

Now you're talking about that constituional thing again. You know the one you didnt recognize earlier when I said constitutional republic? All men are created free and equal which is why the constitution is upheld by the supreme court. When the Jim Crow south was desegregated it was constitutional as well as it should have been. However there is nothing in the constitution about a womans right to kill a baby. Its up to the states individually to decide when that clump of cells is a baby. 

Every time someone is denied personhood the side that denies it is on the losing end. See slavery in this country. 

My kids are black and so is half my family since you mentioned it.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, comparing what Republican fascists are doing to restrict voting rights and personal rights to public health measures was patently absurd. Insane even.

Voting rights? You got to be kidding me. Dont tell me you're one of those leftists that believe black people are wandering around helpless with no way of figuring out how to use the internet or get a drivers license or some form of ID.

This a video from a jewish guy asking students a few simple questions.

4 hours ago, Didba said:

"yeah, allowing state governments to take away civil rights is increasing personal freedom man, because as long as its not the Feds doing it its 'small' government. faaaar ouuut man."

Bringing it closer to home is the best chance that your voice will be heard. You have tons of christians in certain states saying abortions at any stage is murder. For purposes of me showing how its different in federal vs state law lets take this extreme example. It would be akin to the supreme court ruling that muder is legal federally and the state has no power to go against that ruling. You couldnt live in this country if you felt that was wrong. However, if murder was ruled as legal at the state level you could chose to not live in that state. 

Im not saying I do or dont agree with abortion for the record.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

The particular agent that said that is a MAGA. He was Trump's former deputy chief of staff:

https://www.salon.com/2022/06/29/officials-disputed-cassidy-hutchinson-bombshell-testimony-were-trumps-yes-men-report/

Officials who disputed Cassidy Hutchinson bombshell testimony were Trump’s “yes men”: report

Agents disputed that Trump tried to grab steering wheel, driver. Her lawyer says they should testify under oath

And he has a history of lying for Trump:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/07/03/two-former-white-house-aides-say-top-secret-service-official-may-lying-protect-trump/7796127001/?gnt-cfr=1

Two former White House aides say top Secret Service official defending Trump on Jan. 6 has history of lying

Donald Trump's former deputy chief of staff is disputing explosive testimony that the former president tried to grab the wheel of the presidential limo on Jan. 6 to join protestors at the Capitol.

More importantly, this detail about Trump lunging toward the driver is basically inconsequential to the key fact that Trump wanted to lead the mob to the capital.  That is not it doubt.

Trump also knew the mob was armed and he wanted the metal detectors removed.

How does it feel to be a modern traitor?  Proud?

Ornato is the person she got the story from and he is the one accused of saying something then denying it later. Ornato is not the person(s) I was referring to that is willing to testify under oath. Bobby Engel and the presidents driver are the ones willing to testify.

Also I remember before Jan 6th that trump and I think it was Barr warned Nancy Pelosi to take more precautions and bring more security to the capital. Nancy and the mayor of DC denied those requests. So if Trump was planning something why would he ask for more security? Also I read an article where Hutchinson said Trump knew ppl had weapons at his rally but told them to drop the "mags" and let them come in. They assumed he meant magnetometer but you do realize mag is also short for magazine which is what a round (bullet) is housed in, separate from the weapon. In other words if you take out the magazine the gun becomes a metal stick. Either way guns are not allowed in DC. It is illegal. So how many gun or any other weapons charges have you seen involving Jan 6th? Hmmmmmmm that should make you wonder. 

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

“Personal freedom is having the state gubment telling you what you can’t do! Can’t marry that person! Can’t go to school with these folks! Can’t make your own medical decisions! Folks like you can’t vote! Ain’t freedom from a meddlesome Supreme Court great!”

Mischaracterization of what I said. Personal freedom is granted by God and written in the constitution. When the state doesnt adhere to the constitution then the federal court must step in. Killing babies is an infringment on their rights and not the mothers.

• Dislike 1

First of all your facts are wrong. You see how your left wing search found you the incorrect info? You read a left wing article to see someone incorrectly label him a conservative. Libertarian would be the correct description. Thats why all yalls "facts" are screwed up. They arent facts at all but rather opinions skewed in the lens of left wing media.

Do yourself a favor and dont just write someone off because they didnt get as prestigious of a degree as you did. You never know what you can learn from someone.

Tim Pool and Ben Shapiro are actually quite equal when it comes to understanding what the heck is going on in this country.

No, my facts are correct, I knew he was libertarian when I made my post, I still labelled him conservative because he was a libertarian, which is a subdivide of conservatism. Plus, he supported Trump pretty staunchly, he's a conservative libertarian.

No, these aren't facts skewed by media. I don't do modern media of any sort, no social media, no cable news.

My opinions were formed by reading scholarly papers by law professors and college professors, many who are libertarian. I have a degree in political science from Auburn, I don't need CNN, MSNBC, Foc News to tell me my opinions. I took 20+ classes on politics/government at Auburn and three years of law school, my opinions are derived from that education and experience.

And before you say all professors of law/polisci are liberal, Auburn by no means, nor UofH Law are known as liberal schools. (Besides the arts colleges, lmao).

The dude dropped out of high school at 14, man, plus he has zero upper level academic experience. That destroys a lot of credibility for a lot of people. Plus, political youtuber.  He couldn't even be considered an expert witness in a court of law.  To say I should read from him to learn more about authoritarianism in American politics? C'mon.

Edited by Didba

12 minutes ago, Didba said:

No, my facts are correct, I knew he was libertarian when I made my post, I still labelled him conservative because he was a libertarian, which is a subdivide of conservatism. Plus, he supported Trump pretty staunchly, he's a conservative libertarian.

No, these aren't facts skewed by media. I don't do modern media. My opinions were formed by reading scholarly papers by law professors and college professors, many who are libertarian. I have a degree in political science from Auburn!`

I disagree. Libertarians are NOT a subdivision of conservatism. In fact libertarians are in a lot of ways a part of progressivism and conservatism. In my opinion.

Edited by autigeremt
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Didba said:

No, these aren't facts skewed by media. I don't do modern media. My opinions were formed by reading scholarly papers by law professors and college professors, many who are libertarian. I have a degree in political science from Auburn!`

He is definitely not a staunch Trump supporter. He voted for him the second time around however but that was only due to his view of bringing our troops home. Biden was a trash second option. Libertarians are as much conservative as they are traditional liberal. They hold some values of both while having their own unique view points. 

Now you know there have been "experts" providing testimony in court that were given certificates for studying a subject for just a few hours right? Surely you have read or heard countless exzmples of that right? If not then you havent been exposed to enough real world crap that goes down in americas court rooms.

Edited by AU80cruiser
  • Like 1

Bringing it closer to home is the best chance that your voice will be heard. You have tons of christians in certain states saying abortions at any stage is murder. For purposes of me showing how its different in federal vs state law lets take this extreme example. It would be akin to the supreme court ruling that muder is legal federally and the state has no power to go against that ruling. You couldnt live in this country if you felt that was wrong. However, if murder was ruled as legal at the state level you could chose to not live in that state. 

Im not saying I do or dont agree with abortion for the record.

So much wrong here. First, your example is a strawman, because it is subjective. We use objective reasonable person standards to avoid strawman arguments.  To a reasonable prudent person abortion before 21 weeks ( and to prudent medical professionals) is not murder as such your example fails.

As for for your bolded statement the problem is many people in those christian states are not christian. If you force christian beliefs on them through state legislation it violates their constitutional rights in the establishment clause, further to say if they don't like it they can leave violates the non-christian's right to interstate travel, which is fundamental, subject to strict scrutiny, just like the freedom of religion.

Laws based on religious belief violate the establishment clause. My biggest issue with pro-lifers is their staunch belief that they have the right to force their religious beliefs onto others just because they find it morally abhorrent while others don't and I say that as a christian.

Do I find abortion morally reprehensible? Yes.  Do I staunchly believe that my moral/religious beliefs should not be used to prohibit someone from making a medical decision with their body before 21 weeks? Yes.

• Like 2