Voter concerns vs. media concerns...quite revealing

SLAG-91

We're doin' great, Joe...keep thinking we're being "noble" by paying out the wazoo for gas (and everything else).

🤡

• Like 2

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Not watching the hearings huh?

image.jpeg.58ae3acc79f1b331afbe53df353cf1d3.jpeg

You are either crazy or a fool if you think Trump didn't intend to hijack the presidency.

You are a fool for believing a mock trial where only one side's account is given

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Actually, my knowledge of our democracy comes from reading history and direct observation.

And a "constitutional republic" is a form of democracy.  (Why people keep throwing this red herring up to rebut the fact we live in a democracy is baffling to me.  It's pedantic to the extreme.)

In fact, you sound a little crazy.

Sir it is different and you know the distinction between the two . Don't play dumb.

There is a difference between a constitutional republic and a democracy. A “democracy is run by people and republic is run by the laws of constitution.”

1 hour ago, SLAG-91 said:

We're doin' great, Joe...keep thinking we're being "noble" by paying out the wazoo for gas (and everything else).

🤡

So you support Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

52 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Sir it is different and you know the distinction between the two . Don't play dumb.

There is a difference between a constitutional republic and a democracy. A “democracy is run by people and republic is run by the laws of constitution.”

So the US is a democratic republic.

7 hours ago, Didba said:

So you support Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

So you support us common folk taking it in the shorts at the gas pump and just say "oh, it's for a 'noble' cause"?

Your question is irrelevant, as I believe Sleepyhead Joe's premise is flawed (and that's generous).

I'll answer it, though. No, I didn't. 

I know you love to argue, but I ain't biting any further, as we're not going to agree. Have the last word if you like.

From 1943, but the theme is relevant. 

9bd51a66e2760346a6ac3dfe9b8743a4b7972b32_161280_u167918.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

You are a fool for believing a mock trial where only one side's account is given

Almost all of those who have testified have been Republicans.  Those who will not appear, ask for pardons, plea the 5th. should tell you something.

This is not a trial.  What are you afraid of?  The truth?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Indeed.  War creates inflation. 

Interestingly enough, during Carter’s administration we were not at war, but the big issue to Carter was the dependence of foreign oil.  We had energy independence until 2021 and America is not at war.  There is a war going on and America seems to put that war at a high financial priority.

I hope it works our as we are about to go into a recession.

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Indeed.  War creates inflation. 

Bro, we had inflation well before the war...You know that.

• Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Bro, we had inflation well before the war...You know that.

Supply chain issues create inflation. We had supply chain issues before the war…You know that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

A fool can’t see what’s right in front of them because they don’t wanna.

16 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

First, it's not a trial. It's a congressional hearing.

Second, the people who (presumably) could represent the other "side" refuse to testify.  (Undoubtedly because of that lying-while-under-oath thing.)

Thirdly, there is no reason not to believe the people who are testifying, after all, they are all Trump Republicans and were there.  And they are willing to testify while under oath.

You need to pull your head out of your ass.  :no:

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Supply chain issues create inflation. We had supply chain issues before the war…You know that.

I didnt say otherwise...I am not the one on here trying to tell people inflation is due to the war.

• Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Almost all of those who have testified have been Republicans.  Those who will not appear, ask for pardons, plea the 5th. should tell you something.

This is not a trial.  What are you afraid of?  The truth?

I do not support Republicans. Those republicans are the rhinos. The establishment Republicans. They are not truthfully and almost all that stuff you heard in Jan 6th committee are snippets and pieced together BS that you believe because you want to believe it. When they show entire quotes and put things in context the narrative falls apart.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

First, it's not a trial. It's a congressional hearing.

Second, the people who (presumably) could represent the other "side" refuse to testify.  (Undoubtedly because of that lying-while-under-oath thing.)

Thirdly, there is no reason not to believe the people who are testifying, after all, they are all Trump Republicans and were there.  And they are willing to testify while under oath.

You need to pull your head out of your ass.  :no:

They don't refuse. They aren't asked because it is all for show. Those are fake establishment Republicans you see as the opposition. I dislike them too.

12 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

They don't refuse. They aren't asked because it is all for show. Those are fake establishment Republicans you see as the opposition. I dislike them too.

“Fake establishment”. And what makes Trump a “real” Republican?

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

“Fake establishment”. And what makes Trump a “real” Republican?

Fake ppl that are establishment Republicans not fake establishment. Trump is populist right but Wikipedia's definition is a left wing view and described incorrectly. It does not accurately represent what that is to the Trump supporters I know.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Didba said:

So the US is a democratic republic.

That's like telling me hot dogs are made from dog meat. It has the words in there but that isn't it.

• Dislike 1

17 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Who is willing to testify but hasn't done so because they weren't asked?   Who?

While you are trying to come up with an example, here's 5 Republicans who have been asked but are refusing:

"The Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol sent subpoenas to House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy of California, Andy Biggs of Arizona, Jim Jordan of Ohio, Scott Perry of Pennsylvania and Mo Brooks of Alabama. The Republican members all had been invited to testify voluntarily, committee Chairman Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), said in a Thursday news release."

https://tennesseelookout.com/2022/05/12/u-s-house-jan-6-committee-subpoenas-5-gop-members-who-declined-to-testify/

13 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Fake ppl that are establishment Republicans not fake establishment. Trump is populist right but Wikipedia's definition is a left wing view and described incorrectly. It does not accurately represent what that is to the Trump supporters I know.

What gibberish. :-\

How old are you?

• Dislike 1

On 7/2/2022 at 2:08 PM, TexasTiger said:

Covid? 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 11:06 PM, AU80cruiser said:

Right.  Ever reference made by every figure in our history plus everyone in the whole world that describes America as a democracy is just wrong.

You betcha.  :rolleyes:

What a classical example of a pedantic argument taken to an extreme.

Edited by homersapien