This is different

JuscAUse!

2 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Hell I went to Wal-Mart this morning to get groceries and even the Bammers had empathy for me. Usually I would get a roll turd from someone with a crooked grin on their face, now they just shake their head at me and say something like " man what the hell is going on over there?" When the bammers cant even make a joke about us, its bad.   Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmkay 

That's how you know it's really bad - when no one will even pick on you for being bad; they don't want to hurt whatever feelings you may have left... 

• Like 1

I moved to Alabama in the 90's and quickly declared for Auburn when I got my first taste of Bammers.  

I've seen some great moments in Jordan Hare, including beating Spurrier's Gators in the 11-0 season.

I loved the town and atmosphere so much I went to school there and I'm a proud member of the class of '00.  

I've never missed an Auburn-Georgia game.  Not until yesterday.

I didn't even put it on in the background.  Just no point, too painful to even consider seeing it.  And worst of all, utter apathy about it today.

I lived in Nashville for a while when I was a kid, and it reminded me of the attitude Vandy fans had about their team. 

I now know how they feel. 

We celebrated this weekend for two reasons. My wife’s 71st birthday (class of’75) and the hedge game! Met at our daughter’s with her family in the Queen City plus our oldest grandson drove back from Furman University and even our youngest son flew down from South Orange, NJ!!

Everyone decked out in our school colors hopefully seeking a close match of competition! As the game proceeded one by one each member quietly got up without any comments and left the room not even in returning to check the score. As an old coach in the past I would yell about a bone-headed play call or player’s actions (or lack of). Finally I surrendered and left the room to enjoy my family and continue celebrating my wife’s birthday. 

Many times I can recall after a tough loss coaching a high school game I’d be so hot I wanted to go home and scream at the wife and kids and kick the **** outta the dog! This I NEVER DID! It’s an old expression I recall Coach Jordan saying. Many an old coach would recall that old saying. 

The game ended and  I didn’t get hot, scream at everyone and didn’t kick the pea soup outta Tucker my sporting dog and companion! Sadly I absolutely felt nothing. I can’t recall having an emotionless response to an Auburn game.

Good luck to my Auburn Tiger Family upon the remaining schedule! And please don’t kick the dog!

WAR EAGLE 🦅 TIGERS 🐅 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sizzle said:

There’s nothing to say. Everybody knew what the outcome would be and it was exactly how we thought it would play out.

The excitement in the program is gone and everything is deflated. Looking at the schedule It’s hard to tell if we’ll even win again this year and western Kentucky is on that schedule and that’s not even a guarantee 

I don’t think we get another W this season. WKU had the #1 offense last season or the season before. Injuries are going to start piling up. Were we on our 4th string center Saturday? As is player indifference.

Edited by AUINSY
  • Sad 2