Seems insane

TexasTiger

I did a little digging on the Irish subreddits and yeah there does seem to be some context missing. 

For one, the kid was apparently known around town to be a little shìt. Damaging property etc. Even the local police were supposedly aware of him. Now that doesn't amount to much regarding guilt or innocence, but it does speak to character.

For another, seems there was a ham handed attempt to cover it up.  

For yet another, the jury didn't buy his story. One of the witnesses testified that the confrontation was over, the kid went after him and stabbed him then.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/jack-had-gone-so-pale-he-went-to-walk-past-me-as-if-i-wasnt-there-witness-tells-murder-trial-of-moment-his-best-friend-was-stabbed-41314303.html

witness testified that Mr Power was walking towards him and leaving the house when he saw the accused Mr Kerrie coming from the kitchen.

"He [Mr Kerrie] had a long knife in his hand and he shouted at Jack something about the house. Jack turned around and that's when Dean stabbed him with the knife. I knew it was the upper body and he [Jack] had his back to me," said Mr Lee.

He was walking away out of the house when Dean came up behind him to stab him, for anyone else wondering about self defence.

If that was the case, this isn't a case of self defense. 

• Like 1