I am hearing that the Harsin buyout was less than the 15 mill reported.

Newbomb

Then they had a "for cause" case that was strong, but less than perfect. I have suspected this was the situation from rumblings I have heard. More will probably leak out over time. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AU_Canoe said:

I wonder if it's similar to the deal Wisconsin's ex-coach Chryst accepted. Here is a lump sum now, for less, and make sure you say nice things. 

I was thinking the same thing.

48 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Then they had a "for cause" case that was strong, but less than perfect. I have suspected this was the situation from rumblings I have heard. More will probably leak out over time. 

If OP is true, then I would consider this most likely.  Auburn had a good case, but wanted to avoid a lawsuit, and both parties likely had dirty laundry they would not want aired in a lawsuit.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, miscram6 said:

If there is truth to this, then I hope the details come out soon.  People like Rece Davis and other can then eat crow.

Those types never admit error.

• Like 5

As long as he’s gone and we can move on, we are good. If the boosters saved a few million, so be it.

Edited by CCTAU

Guest MustardSeed
3 hours ago, miscram6 said:

If there is truth to this, then I hope the details come out soon.  People like Rece Davis and other can then eat crow.

Public university. Details of the payment have to come out at some point. If it’s less at all then everyone will know. But a bammer will never eat crow. Hell just make something else up. 

25 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

But a bammer will never eat crow. Hell just make something else up. 

Yeah, I could just see Davis and McElroy saying, “Harsin took a lesser buy out.   That just proves that the AU boosters that run that satanic program and use their millions to kick puppies and fund terrorism just ran off a selfless saint who only wants what is best for others, and he’s working on a cure for cancer”.  

Stupid bammers!!!