Average Star Ratings vs. On Field Results

dyehardfanAU

Shows how far we've fallen and also how we've managed to do less with more than other teams.  This of course does not take into account positions and most of these teams have a much better OL than we do.  It also does not take the portal into account, but it's our own fault we haven't done better there as well.

EDIT:  This is based on the rosters for each team at the beginning of this season.

This comes from a rival college football site and shows who gets the most from their talent

1. Alabama 7-1
2. Georgia 8-0
3. Ohio State 8-0
4. Texas A&M 3-5
5. Clemson 8-0
6. Texas 5-3
7. Oregon 7-1
8. LSU 6-2
9. Oklahoma 5-3
10. Notre Dame 5-3
11. USC 7-1
12. Florida 4-4
13. Miami, Fla 4-4
14. Michigan 8-0
15. Penn State 6-2
16. North Carolina 7-1
17. Florida State 5-3
18. Auburn 3-5
19. Tennessee 8-0 image.gif
20. South Carolina 5-3
21. Washington 6-2
22. Ole Miss 8-1
23. Stanford 3-5
24. Nebraska 3-5
25. Arkansas 5-3

other notables
32. TCU 8-0
40. Oklahoma State 6-2
57. Illinois 7-1
66. Syracuse 6-2
70. Kansas State 6-2
72. Wake Forest 6-2

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Shows how far we've fallen and also how we've managed to do less with more than other teams.  This of course does not take into account positions and most of these teams have a much better OL than we do.  It also does not take the portal into account, but it's our own fault we haven't done better there as well.

This comes from a rival college football site and shows who gets the most from their talent

1. Alabama 7-1
2. Georgia 8-0
3. Ohio State 8-0
4. Texas A&M 3-5
5. Clemson 8-0
6. Texas 5-3
7. Oregon 7-1
8. LSU 6-2
9. Oklahoma 5-3
10. Notre Dame 5-3
11. USC 7-1
12. Florida 4-4
13. Miami, Fla 4-4
14. Michigan 8-0
15. Penn State 6-2
16. North Carolina 7-1
17. Florida State 5-3
18. Auburn 3-5
19. Tennessee 8-0 image.gif
20. South Carolina 5-3
21. Washington 6-2
22. Ole Miss 8-1
23. Stanford 3-5
24. Nebraska 3-5
25. Arkansas 5-3

other notables
32. TCU 8-0
40. Oklahoma State 6-2
57. Illinois 7-1
66. Syracuse 6-2
70. Kansas State 6-2
72. Wake Forest 6-2

I don't think this is included transfers.

53 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

I don't think this is included transfers.

Correct, as I said in my post.

• Like 1

So basically this is a list of teams ranked 1-25 with the Alabama having the most cumulative points based on 247 ratings and their current record?  Does this take into account the players Auburn has lost?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

So basically this is a list of teams ranked 1-25 with the Alabama having the most cumulative points based on 247 ratings and their current record?  Does this take into account the players Auburn has lost?

It's based on Rivals rankings of the rosters at the beginning of this season.

Edited by dyehardfanAU

Bammer has had more talent on the field than any team they have faced, pretty much, for 10 years.... 

They should win every single game that they play based on who has the best players..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Bammer has had more talent on the field than any team they have faced, pretty much, for 10 years.... 

They should win every single game that they play based on who has the best players..

They basically have.  No team will ever be perfect over a 1.5+ decades but they have only lost 26 games in the last 16 years with 8 of those being in year 1 and 2.

• Facepalm 1
  • Angry 1

Guest MustardSeed
10 hours ago, bostic up the middle said:

AUscoringandrankings.png

AUolrankings.png

*combination of ESPN data and 247 data

I've posted these before, updated this week.

15754088-F279-4233-9F9F-12EABF5FCD09.gif

Edited by MustardSeed

23 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

They basically have.  No team will ever be perfect over a 1.5+ decades but they have only lost 26 games in the last 16 years with 8 of those being in year 1 and 2.

Facepalm = that's stupid consistency. Goodness. Makes me sick with jealousy

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 2:59 PM, dyehardfanAU said:

It's based on Rivals rankings of the rosters at the beginning of this season.

Stars and  rankings are not a great measuring stick necessarily. GA has a walk on QB who’s won one Natty and has burned Tennessee throwing the ball to a 2 star wide receiver. In the end it’s about drive and coaching. I don’t see anyone touching UGA again this year. I live in GA and can’t stand them, so it’s even worse going through another crappy season as an AU fan. We’ve just never had any consistency in winning. 

On 11/5/2022 at 5:53 PM, Old fan 47 said:

Stars and  rankings are not a great measuring stick necessarily. GA has a walk on QB who’s won one Natty and has burned Tennessee throwing the ball to a 2 star wide receiver. In the end it’s about drive and coaching. I don’t see anyone touching UGA again this year. I live in GA and can’t stand them, so it’s even worse going through another crappy season as an AU fan. We’ve just never had any consistency in winning. 

Overall they are a pretty good indicator.  Just because you can point out outliers it doesn't mean the entire system is flawed.