that hit on carlson

aubiefifty

why was it not called? it looked legit and i am not sure how the refs missed it. was it a no call or did we get a bad call?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

why was it not called? it looked legit and i am not sure how the refs missed it. was it a no call or did we get a bad call?

Should have been called but wasn’t. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I think the no call was a bad call. It certainly should have been called.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I think the no call was a bad call. It certainly should have been called.

If not roughing the kicker it had to be running into the kicker.  Terrible no call.

• Like 1

Oh I was losing it on the refs at the end. They mostly called an equal game until the last 3ish minutes. That was a bad call. The PI on their overtime drive was a bad call. If both those things were called correctly, we at least go to a second overtime. With running into the kicker, Carlson gets a closer second try. With roughing, we get a first down and a chance to score a TD. The PI gave them a short field to score a TD. 

But the one that really chaps my a$$, was the missed 4th down call with about 3 minutes left. MSU’s receiver clearly dropped the pass, and it scraped the ground. Not “it looks like he dropped it” or “I think he dropped it.” He clearly dropped it. If that 4th down is called incomplete, we get the ball back and all the momentum on their side of the field with a chance to either run down the clock or score. Instead, momentum flipped to them, and they were able to get us to overtime. It should be a criminal charge for refs to mess up that badly. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

Oh I was losing it on the refs at the end. They mostly called an equal game until the last 3ish minutes. That was a bad call. The PI on their overtime drive was a bad call. If both those things were called correctly, we at least go to a second overtime. With running into the kicker, Carlson gets a closer second try. With roughing, we get a first down and a chance to score a TD. The PI gave them a short field to score a TD. 

But the one that really chaps my a$$, was the missed 4th down call with about 3 minutes left. MSU’s receiver clearly dropped the pass, and it scraped the ground. Not “it looks like he dropped it” or “I think he dropped it.” He clearly dropped it. If that 4th down is called incomplete, we get the ball back and all the momentum on their side of the field with a chance to either run down the clock or score. Instead, momentum flipped to them, and they were able to get us to overtime. It should be a criminal charge for refs to mess up that badly. 

Agree on the 4th down call. There was a reverse angle that clearly showed the ball on the ground. Should have been AU ball.

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to that hit on carlson

The potential roughing/running into the kicker (based on the angle we saw on replay) should have been called one or the other.  However, we did only see one replay and the angle of the replay wasn't great.  We couldn't see everything that happened there.  A different view would have been beneficial to establishing a case for one or the other.   The DPI in the OT was awful.  The pass on 4th down was extremely close and we are all seeing it through the Auburn lense, but to me it was pretty clear it hit the ground. 

Another penalty that was called that hasn't been mentioned here was the Blind Side block w/targeting on our Offensive lineman.  Well, after replay review they removed the targeting, but that was in no way, shape or form a blind side block.  If you watch the Mississippi State player he lowers his head and shoulders just before contact, meaning he saw the guy coming.  Out of all of those the blind side block call was the one that angered me the most.   As an official we have to see something, process what we saw and make a decision to flag it or not.  It happens quickly for sure but the only one debatable was the pass on 4th down.  The others were clearly missed (well, the angle of the hit on Carlson didn't tell the entire story).

• Like 2

All good points.  Several missed calls that went against us!!!   The 4th down pass, the PI, and the running into the kicker ones were all pretty big!!!  
Speaking of targeting, Robby was “tackled” with the spear of the helmet to his head or neck area at least twice in the game and it wasn’t called either time.  

I know that ifs and buts are only mentioned by the losers, so…..

But I’m super proud of Caddy and our team!!!   It’s been a while since I was excited about AU football.

The thought of Deion and Caddy together is a very exciting thought!!!!

• Like 1

Add the generous spots MSU got as well.  

I’m normally not one to complain about the refs because usually both sides get and don’t get calls.  But, the last few minutes of the game and the ball spots were terrible officiating that affected the outcome of the game.  

Even my son who does not watch much college football (he prefers the nfl) watched the end of the game and said we got screwed.