Kevin Steele

Zinzan

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

FTR, Steele had little to nothing to do with the attempt to put Steele as HC.

I’ve always wondered about this, Bird.  Do you know when he found out his name was being pushed to be HC? Is he truly a backstabber or not?

23 hours ago, Zinzan said:

I know he left under awkward circumstances. But is he forever burnt at Auburn as a coordinator, or could he coach the defense for Kiffin, Freeze, or Deion? I think he probably knows now he’s not getting that big HC opportunity any time soon, after Auburn and Tennessee passed on him. 

Alternative, has the shine worn off T Rob? And I’m sure many here would like to see T Will come home. 

Why would you want T-Will to come back?  His LB recruiting was not good at all and he tried to sow dissension on the team based on race.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, selias said:

Between this, the Rhett and Gundy threads I have to wonder about some of y'all

tenor.gif?itemid=3483162

Seems like people see a name on Twitter and are like, "Hm, I need to make a post about him immediately whether it makes sense or not."

14 minutes ago, metafour said:

Dude, why would any new HC want to hire a DC who was allegedly trying to get pushed into the HC job by certain boosters? Do you not remember how Kevin Steele departed Auburn the last time? Do you think the fans would be happy with that decision? 

There are more than 2-3 DC's in the country. What's next, let's bring back Chizik?

Uh, yeah, that's what I'm suggesting. 🙄

14 minutes ago, metafour said:

If KIffin, Freeze, etc. are hired they will find their own DC.

Of course, I am not suggesting otherwise. And what if they chose to bring back Steele? Would we really care if "the fans would be happy with that decision"?

I don't care who is brought in as DC. I hope it's someone good.

3 minutes ago, selias said:

Between this, the Rhett and Gundy threads I have to wonder about some of y'all

tenor.gif?itemid=3483162

You must be, because I only asked if Steele was burnt. I am not advocating for him. Ya'll so sensitive about a question. AU dysfunctional-Family, I guess.

2 minutes ago, smackydoodle said:

Seems like people see a name on Twitter and are like, "Hm, I need to make a post about him immediately whether it makes sense or not."

Haven't seen anything on Steele on Twitter. But no doubt, every possible name has been brought up on Twitter.

1 minute ago, Zinzan said:

You must be, because I only asked if Steele was burnt. I am not advocating for him. Ya'll so sensitive about a question. AU dysfunctional-Family, I guess.

No, you did ask if he could coach for one of the hot names being thrown around

But is he forever burnt at Auburn as a coordinator, or could he coach the defense for Kiffin, Freeze, or Deion?

• Facepalm 1

22 minutes ago, metafour said:

Dude, why would any new HC want to hire a DC who was allegedly trying to get pushed into the HC job by certain boosters? Do you not remember how Kevin Steele departed Auburn the last time? Do you think the fans would be happy with that decision? 

There are more than 2-3 DC's in the country. What's next, let's bring back Chizik? 

If KIffin, Freeze, etc. are hired they will find their own DC. These are known big-name coaches. We don't need to recycle Kevin Steele.

If I have learned anything on this forum over the years, it is that the crazy ideas really come out when there is a coaching vacancy.

• Like 1

Just now, selias said:

Ya'll so sensitive about a question

Just now, selias said:

No, you did ask if he could coach for one of the hot names being thrown around

1 minute ago, selias said:

But is he forever burnt at Auburn as a coordinator, or could he coach the defense for Kiffin, Freeze, or Deion?

That is a question.

22 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

That is a question.

Kevin Steele will NOT coach DC for Kiffin, Freeze, Sanders. 

IF any of those coaches come to Auburn, they'll bring their own DC.  Steele is perfect for Miami. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zinzan said:

I'd be happy with the same results, if the defense was as strong now as it was under most of Steele's Auburn teams. Do you think Steele's AU Ds were bad? I remember a lot of post-game complaints that Gus's offense once again wasted a great defensive game.

On the other hand, I wasn't really advocating for him to be hired. Just thinking that the names on our HC short-list are more offensive minded (or in the case of Deion, ???), and finding a good DC will be a priority, so was wondering who we might be interested in. Not sure who Kiffin or Freeze or Grimes or Sanders would try to recruit.

1 hour ago, metafour said:

If KIffin, Freeze, etc. are hired they will find their own DC. These are known big-name coaches. We don't need to recycle Kevin Steele.

Zin, I didn't insinuate that he was a bad DC, only that bringing him back would open the door for history to repeat itself. I am aware that he wasn't the one pushing the boosters for the HC coup HOWEVER he didn't shut it down either (I know, would I blah, blah, blah,) the fact remains that if we (AU) are trying to turn a corner and go away from our past mistakes then let's not retread one that caused (albeit not of his own doing) a great deal of recent drama inside the program. There is nothing we can do with the mysterious PTB outside of not taking their money and shutting them out (Which isn't going to happen) 

Meta- Same

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I’ve always wondered about this, Bird.  Do you know when he found out his name was being pushed to be HC? Is he truly a backstabber or not?

No, he's not

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

No, he's not

I would think that would be a pretty effective means of ending a coaching career.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

If he wasn’t a backstabber, then we need to end that narrative and all the other narratives that we know put our own university in a bad light.  

Good luck with that.  People on here are still giving Ted Roof a hard time from a decade ago.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1