Last Time - Deion Sanders

auburnatl1

8 hours ago, eagle12 said:

Yes I know they didn’t after He was hired by Georgia. Too late then! He beat Auburn his first year and the rest is history. What I’m talking about is it’s the same thing again with Deion and they are passing. So who is left that can recruit like Deion? 

He recruited one five star. Check on Satan and Smarts track record if that’s who you’re trying to compete with.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

When the decision makers have a considerable list and Sanders isn't on it and was never considered for it, I'm not worried about this post living in infamy.

Since you are so apparently in the know, please let us know who all is on this mystery list so we can better focus our disagreements.

40 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Time to pay up for your tax fraud cases? 

You’re not allowed to bring up any of his past Discretions. You can only bring that stuff up about Freeze and Kiffin.

Looks like he’s going to South Florida anyway, Coach Willie fired again!

6 minutes ago, autig90 said:

Since you are so apparently in the know, please let us know who all is on this mystery list so we can better focus our disagreements.

Mikey he can speak for himself but I think what he is saying is: Sanders has not even been interviewed or considered.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, VegasEagle said:

Sure. The beat writers said that several five stars would flip to Auburn if Dieon were the coach. 

Got any names to go with that claim? Quotes from those players would be nice too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Maybe the admin are beginning to listen. For fans that are passionate about Sanders and believe he’s a generationally elite hire, there still is time for AU to make a play for him and stop this ridiculous nonsense.   The rumors are he would take it. 

So given where we are, Deion Sanders - yes or no? We’re out of time.

Given where we are, Deion Sanders - Yes. 

22 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Maybe the admin are beginning to listen. For fans that are passionate about Sanders and believe he’s a generationally elite hire, there still is time for AU to make a play for him and stop this ridiculous nonsense.   The rumors are he would take it. 

So given where we are, Deion Sanders - yes or no? We’re out of time.

YES

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Got any names to go with that claim? Quotes from those players would be nice too.

The writers did not give any names. But, the twitter of them saying this was posted last week.

I’m laughing at the old goats in this thread thinking recruiting is like it was during the 80’s, when Dye would go collect a lot of the best players in Alabama.

with NIL money, and the transfer portal, Deion is the perfect fit and personality for AU and future recruiting.

bring on prime time!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

But if JSU is such a lowly school and in such a lowly conference shouldn't we  take competition into account when looking at his W/L record also?   Much stronger competition in the SEC.

What Sanders has done is sell a small handful of major college quality players on supporting an HBCU. Then he turns them loose on vastly inferior competition and wins all his games. At an SEC school, all of his recruits would have to be high quality and then they'd have to play against other teams whose roster is composed of all high quality players. There is nothing about his background, experience or other qualifications that make him a candidate for the Auburn position.

2 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

The writers did not give any names. But, the twitter of them saying this was posted last week.

Maybe someone will tweet back to them and ask for names? I don't think any will be provided but it would be interesting to see.