Multiple SEC programs have reached out to Yohan Traore

aubiefifty

yahoo.com

Taylor Jones
1–2 minutes

78825e6c0b97ce4562f106ec74416ed2

As a five-star center that ranked in the top 25 of the 2022 recruiting cycle, it is easy to see why Auburn was elated to receive the signature of Yohan Traore.

As he begins to explore more opportunities within the transfer portal, it is also easy to see why many programs are making the most of their second chance.

Traore entered the transfer portal on March 28 following his freshman campaign and has already heard from 11 programs. Among those that have reached out are two SEC rivals of Auburn — Alabama and LSU.

According to recruiting analyst Andrew Slater, Traore has also heard from Oklahoma, TCU, Saint Louis, Memphis, Arizona State, Cincinnati, NC State, DePaul, and UC Santa Barbara in addition to Alabama and LSU.

Traore, along with Chance Westry, announced their plans to depart Auburn following their freshman seasons. Traore appeared in 25 games this season and averaged 2.1 points and 1.4 rebounds.

What am i missing here?Do they think they can coach him up? If he is that talented why get rid of him? a bad fit maybe? I am a huge bruce fan so this is no slight it just shocked me for some reason.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:
yahoo.com

Taylor Jones
1–2 minutes

78825e6c0b97ce4562f106ec74416ed2

As a five-star center that ranked in the top 25 of the 2022 recruiting cycle, it is easy to see why Auburn was elated to receive the signature of Yohan Traore.

As he begins to explore more opportunities within the transfer portal, it is also easy to see why many programs are making the most of their second chance.

Traore entered the transfer portal on March 28 following his freshman campaign and has already heard from 11 programs. Among those that have reached out are two SEC rivals of Auburn — Alabama and LSU.

According to recruiting analyst Andrew Slater, Traore has also heard from Oklahoma, TCU, Saint Louis, Memphis, Arizona State, Cincinnati, NC State, DePaul, and UC Santa Barbara in addition to Alabama and LSU.

Traore, along with Chance Westry, announced their plans to depart Auburn following their freshman seasons. Traore appeared in 25 games this season and averaged 2.1 points and 1.4 rebounds.

What am i missing here?Do they think they can coach him up? If he is that talented why get rid of him? a bad fit maybe? I am a huge bruce fan so this is no slight it just shocked me for some reason.

I agree Fifty. I knew we would have some kids transfer out but I dang sure wasn't expecting Westry and Traore and especially not expecting them to be the first 2 into the portal for us. I know they underwhelmed this season but it's still hard to see that much talent walk. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I agree Fifty. I knew we would have some kids transfer out but I dang sure wasn't expecting Westry and Traore and especially not expecting them to be the first 2 into the portal for us. I know they underwhelmed this season but it's still hard to see that much talent walk. 

@TeamZero77 Traore should have been expected. He was processed.

• Thanks 2

Just because he didn’t work out here doesn’t mean he won’t end up being a stud elsewhere. Kid was super highly rated and it’s no surprise he’ll have a wide range of options to go to. 

• Like 2