Chris Christie taking Trump head on

TexasTiger

Most anyone running for President is a long shot. Christie knows this. So he’s doing what no one else is doing. Methodically attacking The Donald. Trump will talk about how fat Christie is. He won’t care. This will eat Trump up. And in NH where folks will sit quietly in townhalls and engage, it just might work.

Trump is a bully and for some reason a lot of people enjoy his rants.  I’m hoping the Republicans are getting tired of it, but by the polls they are not.  Typically, Trump is attacking his opponents with unfounded accusations.  He has attached DeSantis’ running of Florida over Covid and Florida did much better than what Trump did for the country IMO.  Here is Trump’s latest attack on DeSantis:

Hopefully, Trump shoot himself in the foot enough times that Republicans vote for someone else in the primary.  Trump will never win over enough independents to take the election.  The only hope of winning for Trump is for Biden to get the nomination and then get impeached and thrown out of office.

28 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Trump is a bully and for some reason a lot of people enjoy his rants.  I’m hoping the Republicans are getting tired of it, but by the polls they are not.  Typically, Trump is attacking his opponents with unfounded accusations.  He has attached DeSantis’ running of Florida over Covid and Florida did much better than what Trump did for the country IMO.  Here is Trump’s latest attack on DeSantis:

Hopefully, Trump shoot himself in the foot enough times that Republicans vote for someone else in the primary.  Trump will never win over enough independents to take the election.  The only hope of winning for Trump is for Biden to get the nomination and then get impeached and thrown out of office.

One good thing about NH is that they have a long time to take it in and retail politics are largely in person. If Christie keeps it up, it might work.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

One good thing about NH is that they have a long time to take it in and retail politics are largely in person. If Christie keeps it up, it might work.

The caveat being it is only in NH.  I’m hoping it spreads, but one Trump rally and it will be forgotten. DeSantis and Scott will have to do the same.  DeSantis will have to engage to help.  Consistency will be the key.

19 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The caveat being it is only in NH.  I’m hoping it spreads, but one Trump rally and it will be forgotten. DeSantis and Scott will have to do the same.  DeSantis will have to engage to help.  Consistency will be the key.

NH primary goes on for months and can create momentum.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

We (everyone who isn't a Republican) really need for Trump to run again. 

Very telling.

for a chuckle i believe christie was wanting to be trumps vice pres? i believe i have that right. i got little for christie over the bridge flap and he was a total jerk on stuff but the enemy of my enemy is my friend.............

4 hours ago, creed said:

Very telling.

Goes back to what I've said on here before...Team Blue will let you know 9 ways from Sunday about how awful Trump is (and he is a raging, narcissistic a**hole on his best day), how unfit he is to hold the office of President, how mean and hateful he is, etc.  

But they oh so desperately want him to get the nomination, because they figure Trump is the one guy the current White House occupant could beat, and that's probably right. Neither party has a monopoly on talking out of both sides of their mouths (or, more likely, a more odiferous orifice) when it comes to wanting good candidates.  .

Maybe we'll get lucky and neither one of these doddering fools will be on their respective tickets.  It's past time for both of them to go enjoy their twilight years doing something other than attempting to lead a country.  Political parties with any shred of convictions would see these two for what they are and put them on the bench, but we don't have one of those parties.

I don't think Christie has broad appeal, but maybe Team Red can pull a page from the 2020 Democratic playbook and run a tired old retread (albeit not quite as old or tired) to win back the Presidency.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, it's not like it's secret - or even obscure.  :dunno:

Well it was suppose to be a secret,,,, big mouth.   No more DNC group call for you.  Go sit in the corner next to Donna Brazile.   Both of you need to learn,,, we DON'T type secrets. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Chris Sununu is governor of New Hampshire and would actually be a formidable mainstream candidate.

I'd vote for him.........with a name like Sununu you can't go wrong! 🤷‍♂️