Bad News for bama

He musta been at the wrong place, at the wrong time 🤣🤷‍♂️ Should be bammers’ new slogan

Edited by AUINSY
  • Haha 1

Ya know, we see a lot of new items about people in sports who are charged with assault, domestic violence, etc. Not always against women, but so often it seems against women. And not always males, but sometimes females as well, like women coaches. Not always coaches or admins.

Is it because media scrutiny focuses on these perps? Like, this is rampant in society, but if a sports figure is involved, it gets extra press?

Or is it like the misogynistic culture of sports? Or is it the authoritarian position vs subservient position of athletes/students? This has been going on for decades, esp in gymnastics and swimming.

I saw an article recently in which a movie director was asked about the infamous "casting couch" in Hollywood, e.g. Harvey Weinstein. He said it is still pervasive, but not just in movie making. In the business world as well. Women are still expected to put out to move up.

But we see a lot of it in sports. We've had our own scandals at Auburn. And it is rarely a month goes by without something hitting the fan around the country.

I'm not covering for the Bama azzzzz. I'm glad he has been called out. I'm just wondering why this seems so prevalent in sports.

After all that went on with their basketball team this year and then all these other people in their athletics department get fired for different things but Oates doesn't. Kind of amazing. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...