Softball Regionals Selection Show

5 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Looks like Auburn is going to Clemson.  Other teams are Cal State Fullerton and UNC Greensboro.

As the 2?

3 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

As the 2?

No.  As the 3!!

What a freaking joke. The selection committee is a laughing stock 

• Like 2

I know the SEC is a great league for sure, but how does uat get seeded FIFTH in the SEC tournament and get the overall #5 seed in the NCAA tournament.  We have a better conference record, same number of overall wins and one fewer loss and we didnt' even sniff the top 16.  Something is rotten in denmark here.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, we took 2 of 3 from them in their own park.

• Like 6

I posted this in the other Selection Show thread, but AU is the 2 seed in the Clemson regional. Every regional was announced in the 1-4-3-2 format with the highest seeds on opposite ends of the regional bracket. 

58 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

we got double shafted. 

If we do beat Clemson, we are not beating Oklahoma. 

Sadly this season looks like beating Oklahoma would be the upset of the century. Not just for us, but anyone. That Oklahoma team is ridiculous.

5 hours ago, all4AU said:

I posted this in the other Selection Show thread, but AU is the 2 seed in the Clemson regional. Every regional was announced in the 1-4-3-2 format with the highest seeds on opposite ends of the regional bracket. 

The only way Auburn is the 2 seed is if the regionals were announced in the order 1 seed, 4 seed, 2 seed, 3 seed (not 1,4,3,2) because they were the 3rd team announced in the Clemson regional.  I watched it live.  It would make sense that they named 1,4,2,3 because the #1 seed plays the #4 seed while the #2 seed plays the #3 seed in the first game.

6 hours ago, WarTiger said:

I know the SEC is a great league for sure, but how does uat get seeded FIFTH in the SEC tournament and get the overall #5 seed in the NCAA tournament.  We have a better conference record, same number of overall wins and one fewer loss and we didnt' even sniff the top 16.  Something is rotten in denmark here.

The fix is in.  Comments on this one throughout the softball world, not just from Auburn fans.

7 hours ago, Golden Eagle said:

The fix is in.  Comments on this one throughout the softball world, not just from Auburn fans.

Did you see Beth Mowins comments?  Called out the Turds for being seeded too high and said that us and Baylor do have a beef with Clemson at #16.

And like you said, others discussed as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger1992 said:

Did you see Beth Mowins comments?  Called out the Turds for being seeded too high and said that us and Baylor do have a beef with Clemson at #16.

And like you said, others discussed as well.

Mowins was one of the 3 hosts of the ESPN show that announced the brackets (along with Amanda Scarborough and Michelle Smith) and IIRC it was she who looked extremely uncomfortable and commented before announcing Alabama as the 5 seed that the next one was going to 'surprise' a lot of people.  All 3 hosts seemed shocked.  Sounds like she has since made more comments?...where/when was that?

I posted in the other thread on this topic that after the bracket was announced, a short article was posted to auburntigers.com that quoted CMD as saying they were disappointed but all they can do is get ready to play.  Twitter has been vicious about the pro-Bama seeding - have seen comments from former softball players across the US (including a former UCLA softball player), fans of most of the other SEC schools, fans outside the SEC, etc, slamming the bracket.  Lots of people also commented that Alabama has the easiest regional and will have one of the easier super regionals, as well.  Somebody seems to be trying to ensure they make it to Omaha.  Lindsay Garcia tweeted   'L. O. L. O. L. O. L.'  right after the bracket was announced.  Bri Ellis tweeted a picture of herself today on a softball field and said the team was already in South Carolina and she was calling for Auburn fans to fill the stadium in support of the team.

I was completely shocked when Alabama's seeding was announced.  I'm glad people lots of people are speaking out publicly via twitter, etc.  Hate to be petty, but I won't be rooting for Bama to win their regional.

I believe with this setup, if they do the wrap around seeding (or snake seeding as I have heard it before), they put the best #2 seed in the bracket with the worst #1 seed, meaning we were the last team out on the #1 line. I like our chances in Clemson; not so sure about Okie. They are on a run similar to UCONN women’s hoops from about 10 years ago right now. I think their record since the start of ‘21 is something like 166-8. Unfathomable! And to think they will be conference foes in ‘25. We gotta step up our game.

7 hours ago, AuburnAlumFromThe423 said:

I believe with this setup, if they do the wrap around seeding (or snake seeding as I have heard it before), they put the best #2 seed in the bracket with the worst #1 seed, meaning we were the last team out on the #1 line. I like our chances in Clemson; not so sure about Okie. They are on a run similar to UCONN women’s hoops from about 10 years ago right now. I think their record since the start of ‘21 is something like 166-8. Unfathomable! And to think they will be conference foes in ‘25. We gotta step up our game.

I believe this is true. 

8 hours ago, Golden Eagle said:

Mowins was one of the 3 hosts of the ESPN show that announced the brackets (along with Amanda Scarborough and Michelle Smith) and IIRC it was she who looked extremely uncomfortable and commented before announcing Alabama as the 5 seed that the next one was going to 'surprise' a lot of people.  All 3 hosts seemed shocked.  Sounds like she has since made more comments?...where/when was that?

I posted in the other thread on this topic that after the bracket was announced, a short article was posted to auburntigers.com that quoted CMD as saying they were disappointed but all they can do is get ready to play.  Twitter has been vicious about the pro-Bama seeding - have seen comments from former softball players across the US (including a former UCLA softball player), fans of most of the other SEC schools, fans outside the SEC, etc, slamming the bracket.  Lots of people also commented that Alabama has the easiest regional and will have one of the easier super regionals, as well.  Somebody seems to be trying to ensure they make it to Omaha.  Lindsay Garcia tweeted   'L. O. L. O. L. O. L.'  right after the bracket was announced.  Bri Ellis tweeted a picture of herself today on a softball field and said the team was already in South Carolina and she was calling for Auburn fans to fill the stadium in support of the team.

I was completely shocked when Alabama's seeding was announced.  I'm glad people lots of people are speaking out publicly via twitter, etc.  Hate to be petty, but I won't be rooting for Bama to win their regional.

Oklahoma City for the WCWS.   Not being petty at all, I NEVER want uat to win anything.  I hope they go 2 and out in post season.  Hope they lose every game they play in every sport.  The entire country knows they don't deserve that #5 seed.  It's completely ridiculous and I would love to hear the justification from the committee on doing that. (even though I would still call BS on it and not believe a word of it)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Oklahoma City for the WCWS.   Not being petty at all, I NEVER want uat to win anything.  I hope they go 2 and out in post season.  Hope they lose every game they play in every sport.  The entire country knows they don't deserve that #5 seed.  It's completely ridiculous and I would love to hear the justification from the committee on doing that. (even though I would still call BS on it and not believe a word of it)

Their reasoning was record vs top teams and good OOC schedule blah blah.  Basically saying OOC is more important than conference records.  Maybe that should be the case when talking Sunbelt but not SEC. 15 wins and 3rd place against top 2 conference in softball (Big 12). So it's stupid. 

But Bama is a team that consistently gets in playoff position despite not winning division in football

9 hours ago, Golden Eagle said:

Twitter

I wasn't able to see the announcement show, I didn't realize she'd already made reference to being surprised during the show.

Edited by Tiger1992
  • Thanks 1

i dont care who else the bammers played....if they are the #5 seed in the SEC tourney, no way in Hades they can be the #5 national seed.  that's some emmert black helicopter corruption right there.

3 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

i dont care who else the bammers played....if they are the #5 seed in the SEC tourney, no way in Hades they can be the #5 national seed.  that's some emmert black helicopter corruption right there.

There's literally no justification for it at all, no matter what spin they try to put on it, but Emmert is retired and he's not on the selection committee anyway.

2 hours ago, WarTiger said:

There's literally no justification for it at all, no matter what spin they try to put on it, but Emmert is retired and he's not on the selection committee anyway.

that was just in reference to emmert and his past....he's retired, finally, i know