Cox's Health

DKW 86

No link available on this one, so deal with it. I have been asked to research Cox's health. Here is just one e-mail I recieved from those in the know. Field and Booker needed the work anyway. And CAB and CTT may have pushed Cox a little too hard in prep work.

Cox is fine.  He had a sore shoulder from throwing a wet ball during all the rain we have had.  They are just resting his throwing arm.  He is fine and very excited about the season.

This is from an e-mail I recieved this AM. This is a individual I would believe, no qualifications. Very close ties to the coaching staff, likely no closer. API50 will vouch for the individual as well. There is always a possibility that something could CHANGE. But as of right now I will not worry any longer.

It is 15 days and 10 hours to kick off.

Enjoy the ride. :big:

Thanks for the info. That's what CTT and Cox both keep saying to the media, but apparently no one wants to believe them.

[..and hey, it's your site, so claim all the rule exemptions you want. In the several years that I've been posting here, I've learned that this is, and always will be, about the classiest board on the Internet. I'm sure you'll never let that change. :thumbsup: )

BTW, Now have more from real close to the players.

Cox isn't hurt. He has been out of practice because his arm is just hurting from throwing 2 much. He will be fine.

Please, go kill this on any sites you visit. I am sure the Tards have Cox with his arm amputated by now. Then again, it would be nice to surprise some folks this year.... :big:

Again, just the two notes I posted are from the practice field and inside the athletic complex's best offices.

BTW, Now have more from real close to the players.
Cox isn't hurt. He has been out of practice because his arm is just hurting from throwing 2 much. He will be fine.

Please, go kill this on any sites you visit. I am sure the Tards have Cox with his arm amputated by now. Then again, it would be nice to surprise some folks this year.... :big:

Again, just the two notes I posted are from the practice field and inside the athletic complex's best offices.

174964[/snapback]

Why kill the rumor? Let our rivals wallow in their ignorance and waste teir time preparing for another QB :big:

If he's "fine" then the rumors (why are they rumors if they are fact?) only help divert our opponents from proper preparation. Call me stupid, but if he's "fine" why is he sore and not throwing? I don't see how discussion of this very important issue can have any negative effect on our team or positive effect on our opponents.

No, No, No!!! I refuse to believe he is okay. The sky is falling people and a huge chunk of it just hit Brandon in the throwing shoulder. You sunshine pumpers are ruining my day.

:big:

It may not be serious but this is not normal. This isn't a fifth year senior sitting out to give backups some practice time. Cox has never started a game and hasn't been overly impressive in the games he played in last year. He may just be injury prone to some degree and needs more rest than normal. I have never encountered this with any previous QB at AU before. My experience and it counts for something. I don't care about rumors.

May not be bad, but not good either.

Those of you who are concerned about Cox...don't be...you will be worrying about nothing, and worrying has never solved a problem. Cox will be back to !00% by the end of next week and ready to show everyone he is one of the top QBs in the SEC. Dr. Andrews said he has inflamation in the shoulder, nothing more than that, and rest is what it needed.

Everybody's selling...then SELL, SELL, SELL!!!!!!!!! Oh wait...everyone's buying...then BUY, BUY, BUY!!!!!!!

:au::homer:

Here's the latest:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvill...5450.xml&coll=1

May I summarize?

Started throwing again.

Really no pain - no mention of whether it was sore or not.

He's rusty from not throwing, but he'll be ready for GT because he'd have another week to REST!

Does AU offer a degree in spin?

Like API50 and I have said, unless something changes, he is fiine.

Our/my sources are very reliable and well informed. Cant tell you anymore but relax. His arm was sore just like an NFL qbs and many college qbs.

I assure you all, I am not that worried at all right now.

BTW, auskull, Cox is a 22 year old sophopmore.....in many ways he may be a 5th year senior.

DKW, I have no doubts in your information, however given the history of Cox with our program sometimes we look for what's not said. Good observation about Cox's age. Again points out his health problems in the past. Thanks again for the info. I read in the Montgomery Advertiser an article that confirms much of what is being said on this forum. Inflamation of the shoulder. Heres keeping the fingers crossed AND not worrying. :blink:

Our/my sources are very reliable and well informed. Cant tell you anymore but relax. His arm was sore just like an NFL qbs and many college qbs.

BTW, auskull, Cox is a 22 year old sophopmore.....in many ways he may be a 5th year senior.

175144[/snapback]

Thinking back to my time at AU, it could be his sex life rather than the "wet balls" that is keeping his arm sore. Have they counseled him on that?

... Thinking back to my time at AU, it could be his sex life rather than the "wet balls" that is keeping his arm sore.  Have they counseled him on that?

175192[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

If Cox can't parlay the title of Starting QB into a, uh ... "active social life" at a Southern university then he's got problems counseling ain't gonna solve.

175144[/snapback]

Except that he has never started a game in this league, nor played in a pressure situation, nor had to lead a team on Natioanl TV in an opening game.

BC will be fine and AU will be fine. Much ado about nothing. :au:

p.s. MY glass is STILL half full. :D

After throwing a few regular balls in practice, Cox threw nerf balls the rest of practice. :big:

175232[/snapback]

Actually throwing nerf balls would be worse. Tends to create over-extension. Like I have said before, all QBs get sore arms. Some recover quicker than others. But it does take rest. Can still throw the short passes, just can't wing it hard. As long as they know this and take it easy, he'll be fine and ready to go.

Nice of Eyore.... uh I mean Aubie7 to chime in. Cox will be fine, the lefty just had a sore arm, he isn't made of glass like that skinny kid up in west Alabama.

Nice of Eyore.... uh I mean Aubie7 to chime in. Cox will be fine, the lefty just had a sore arm, he isn't made of glass like that skinny kid up in west Alabama.

175535[/snapback]

Let's hope you have some FACTS to back up your hopes, after the GT game. At this point you don't and I do. So, to quote the imortal Archie Bunker "Stiffle it!" :lol:

I'm sure he'll be fine. After last year and what Borges did for Campbell, I don't think Cox is going to have a problem. He might have some stage fright in the first possession, but I doubt it will last.

We'll just have to wait and see.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

Archived