Sweet Nancy

LPTiger

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Well, sort of.  That ended when the judges decided to get in on the political grift.  It ended when many realized they had no chance to sit on the court unless,,, they sold their very soul to the Federalist Society.

I'm not understanding your point.    If you sell your soul and get the appointment, can't you just revert to your true feelings?   You now have a lifetime appointment. What in the world can the Federalist Society do to you then -- call you up and register a complaint... 

7 hours ago, AUDub said:

Here’s your daily reminder that the right on this forum isn’t looking to be taken seriously. 

It is possible to have a sense of humor / make jokes without taking yourself too seriously.   I don’t believe the Paul incident was staged (for what purpose?) but found that meme funny nonetheless.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

It is possible to have a sense of humor / make jokes without taking yourself too seriously.   I don’t believe the Paul incident was staged (for what purpose?) but found that meme funny nonetheless.   

I agree that we should be able to laugh at things, even ourselves, at times.  I just wish that everyone would recognize jokes as jokes.  Unfortunately, many don't realize the difference in what is funny and what is real. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I'm not understanding your point.    If you sell your soul and get the appointment, can't you just revert to your true feelings?   You now have a lifetime appointment. What in the world can the Federalist Society do to you then -- call you up and register a complaint... 

Simple.  The organized politicalization of the court is an extreme compromising of the independence of thought and,,, the independence of the justices themselves.  Once again, politics is more important than justice.  And, as to the corruption, the accepted practice of judges being lobbied by wealth,,, well, that speaks for itself.  We have a corrupt court.  And,,, to go one step farther, when you play politics with the process, when you deny a lawfully nominated, appointed individual on the basis of politics,,, that also speaks for itself.  The entire premise is,,, to have a court you can count on to do your political bidding.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Simple.  The organized politicalization of the court is an extreme compromising of the independence of thought and,,, the independence of the justices themselves.  Once again, politics is more important than justice.  And, as to the corruption, the accepted practice of judges being lobbied by wealth,,, well, that speaks for itself.  We have a corrupt court.  And,,, to go one step farther, when you play politics with the process, when you deny a lawfully nominated, appointed individual on the basis of politics,,, that also speaks for itself.  The entire premise is,,, to have a court you can count on to do your political bidding.

I'm still not understanding you.   Four ellipses may be the problem.   Sorry.