Sweet Nancy

LPTiger

It is rich that Nancy is calling for term limits for Supreme Court justices because Alito took a private plane on an Alaskan fishing trip more than a decade ago.   She calls it an ethics problem.    Meanwhile, Paul has created $46MM in wealth in stock trades as Nancy led the house and picked corporate winners and losers.   His indiscretions even prompted members of her party to sponsor legislation limiting trades by members of congress.    BTW, whatever happened as a result of the "break-in" at the Pelosi estate?   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

It is rich that Nancy is calling for term limits for Supreme Court justices because Alito took a private plane on an Alaskan fishing trip more than a decade ago.   She calls it an ethics problem.    Meanwhile, Paul has created $46MM in wealth in stock trades as Nancy led the house and picked corporate winners and losers.   His indiscretions even prompted members of her party to sponsor legislation limiting trades by members of congress.    BTW, whatever happened as a result of the "break-in" at the Pelosi estate?   

Why can't it be both term limits for Supreme Court and remove conflicts of interest for politicians?

• Like 3

BTW, whatever happened as a result of the "break-in" at the Pelosi estate?   

Paul Pelosi underwent surgery for a skull fracture and is making a full recovery. 

The attacker plead not guilty on all charges. His federal trial date is set for October. State has not been set yet. 

13 hours ago, arein0 said:

Why can't it be both term limits for Supreme Court and remove conflicts of interest for politicians?

If you think there are going to be term limits for the HOR or the Senate, you are cray cray.

17 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Please tell me you don't think that her husband taking a hammer to the head was staged?  You really need to question your choices of information if that is what you are being told.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/lies-and-conspiracy-theories-about-attack-on-pelosis-husband-spread-online

As for term limits, I would be in favor of term limits for members of Congress and the Supreme Court.  The Court would require a constitutional amendment, so I doubt that will happen in our lifetimes.

Edited by AU9377

7 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Please tell me you don't think that her husband taking a hammer to the head was staged?  You really need to question your choices of information if that is what you are being told.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/lies-and-conspiracy-theories-about-attack-on-pelosis-husband-spread-online

As for term limits, I would be in favor of term limits for members of Congress and the Supreme Court.  The Court would require a constitutional amendment, so I doubt that will happen in our lifetimes.

I wasn't there.   I have no idea what happened.   Didn't some of the police claim that when they breached the door, Paul did not come forward but went backward toward the "assailant."  Didn't Paul also crash a Mercedes while coming back from NAPA?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Didn't Paul also crash a Mercedes while coming back from NAPA?

That is absolutely incorrect; it was a Porsche.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I wasn't there.   I have no idea what happened.   Didn't some of the police claim that when they breached the door, Paul did not come forward but went backward toward the "assailant."  Didn't Paul also crash a Mercedes while coming back from NAPA?

There is a police report and a man in custody. He has been arraigned and charged with 6 counts ranging from attempted murder to assault with a deadly weapon.  The DA also released the statements made to police by the defendant on the scene.  You can read them in the article below.   I don't need to have been there to understand that there is no conspiracy to do whatever it is some have imagined in fairy tale land when there is a police report and a prosecutor and a man in custody.

Totally unrelated.... yes he got a DUI last year as well.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/paul-pelosi-attacker-david-depape-charged-rcna55030

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

That is absolutely incorrect; it was a Porsche.

Is it disinformation or misinformation?  Paul has made about 40 mill in stock trades over the last 4 years, why not hire a driver?    If you hire a driver, there is a witness who knows who you travel with.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Very bizarre case. Hard to believe anyone could walk to the Speakers back door so casually. Security cameras exhibit the most moronic way available to break in with intent to assault. Crazy.

To your point does Nancy surprise you?

5 hours ago, LPTiger said:

There's literally body cam footage you nincompoop. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2023 at 5:39 PM, arein0 said:

That’s two thoughts at once— too complicated!

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Is it disinformation or misinformation?  Paul has made about 40 mill in stock trades over the last 4 years, why not hire a driver?    If you hire a driver, there is a witness who knows who you travel with.....

Or even more likely, the old man just likes to drive himself.  Of course, it isn't as entertaining as assuming that he is the anti-Christ and things of that nature.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Or even more likely, the old man just likes to drive himself.  Of course, it isn't as entertaining as assuming that he is the anti-Christ and things of that nature.

He’s 70+ and drunk, call a cab or Uber it’s not that complicated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

At no point did I say it was smart to drink and drive or did I excuse his judgment in doing so.  I was replying to the insinuation that he drove because he was hiding something.  Why is it so necessary for people on the far right to portray everyone they are on the opposite side of the aisle from as some conspiracy driven force of anti American evil? 

I call Marjorie Taylor Greene as a flaming idiot because she shows us that she is one when she opens her mouth.  I describe Ted Cruz as a slimy hypocrite because of his willingness to say anything to appease a crowd and because of his total 180 degree turn concerning Trump.  I don't assume that his wife is some insider trading anti American monster. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LPTiger said:

and yet you are a maga guy.......thats rich sweety............

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

they say trump likes to drive but he cannot pass the written exam so he has to hire it out...................

17 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

they say trump likes to drive but he cannot pass the written exam so he has to hire it out...................

Fifty, 

Put down that crack pipe!

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

17 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

and yet you are a maga guy.......thats rich sweety............

Easy on the weed Fifty.   I'm on record as not being a Trump fan.   He is a horrible person who has no loyalty to anyone not named Trump.    Nancy is 83 years old and has been a member of the house for 36 years yet she suddenly wants term limits for justices.   Her district includes most of San Fran which has become unrecognizable on her watch.    As of December, she was against members of congress having restrictions placed on them in the buying and selling of public equity.   The Washington Free Beacon claims her net worth has increased by $140MM since the 08 financial crisis with Paul buying and selling equity in companies the US has subsidized.    

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Easy on the weed Fifty.   I'm on record as not being a Trump fan.   He is a horrible person who has no loyalty to anyone not named Trump.    Nancy is 83 years old and has been a member of the house for 36 years yet she suddenly wants term limits for justices.   Her district includes most of San Fran which has become unrecognizable on her watch.    As of December, she was against members of congress having restrictions placed on them in the buying and selling of public equity.   The Washington Free Beacon claims her net worth has increased by $140MM since the 08 financial crisis with Paul buying and selling equity in companies the US has subsidized.    

it is not weed it is old age. my apologies i got you mixed up...........

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it is not weed it is old age. my apologies i got you mixed up...........

We r good Fifty...   Stay out of this heat.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

I disagree with her position on stock trading. I agree with you and AOC on this issue. But congressional members are elected by voters. They don’t serve 36 years because of a lifetime appointment that voters didn’t have a direct say in. Voters choose to reappoint congressmen every two years— or not.

Another good point about Court term limits, say 20 years, is there’s less incentive to appoint a less experienced person in hopes of longer tenure. Nancy can be right on one issue & wrong on another, just like anyone else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

I disagree with her position on stock trading. I agree with you and AOC on this issue. But congressional members are elected by voters. They don’t serve 36 years because of a lifetime appointment that voters didn’t have a direct say in. Voters choose to reappoint congressmen every two years— or not.

Another good point about Court term limits, say 20 years, is there’s less incentive to appoint a less experienced person in hopes of longer tenure. Nancy can be right on one issue & wrong on another, just like anyone else.

The court was established 234 years ago.   Every member has enjoyed the benefits of a lifetime appointment (like all Article III judges).   The lifetime appointment allows them to be totally independent.    They don't have to be pro-plaintiff or pro-defendant in hopes of being able to secure their next gig.   If the Supreme Court had a term limit, we would be asking Circuit Court judges to give up their lifetime appointment for one of lesser duration.   It isn't perfect  -- for example when the older justices have continuing health issues or simply can't stay awake during oral arguments -- but on a whole it has served us well for 234 years, not to mention it is dictated by the Constitution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

he lifetime appointment allows them to be totally independent.

Well, sort of.  That ended when the judges decided to get in on the political grift.  It ended when many realized they had no chance to sit on the court unless,,, they sold their very soul to the Federalist Society.