Jim Jordan launches another absolutely useless probe. This time he targets the Fulton Co. DA

AU9377

On 8/25/2023 at 11:31 AM, Gowebb11 said:

I’m speaking to a much more general point. Of course some legislation happens. But increasingly neither side is doing what they’re there for: drafting bills, followed by reviews and debates, followed by votes. Democracy can’t sustain on executive orders, name calling, and indicating and investigating. 

Dems passed multiple significant bills with a razor thin majority. We need bigger fixes and bipartisan legislation. Both parties need to compromise. One party shows some, not enough, willingness to do so. The other shows none. Neither party is where it needs to be. But one is clearly and irretrievably broken.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Haven’t we been doing that with ESG?  How has that worked?  Disney has lost market share and has detrimentally reduced its bottom line as has Anheuser Busch.  They both have high ESG scores, but are under preforming in terms of the bottom line.  The shareholder wants profits to enhance the value of their investment, organizations like Black Rock and Vanguard have gone to the ESG score and that is not a be-all end-all way to rank stocks.  The organization has to be well run.

The airline industry have been flying aircraft to Honduras to have yearly maintenance performed since 2014 or so to get around high union maintenance costs.  Even high fuel costs and the cost of the fight crew expense is not enough to perform the maintenance in-house.  I’m not blaming the union workers for this, but the industry presented the union with alternatives and the union turned them down.

Calling Bangladeshi for customer service is not the best customer service experience, yet corporations keep on doing it.

The only way to bring them back is for the customers to complain until they listen.  We are a tolerant group.

Oh, as a famous lefty once said, those highly trained employees may need to learn how to code.

That isn't exactly what I was getting at, but I understand you point.  We are not only a tolerant bunch, but we are an extremely spoiled bunch.  We have covered a great deal of loss by quickly building equity through a hyper inflated real estate market and stock profits.  The real estate market went thru a correction in the mid 2000's, but has now surged past the unrealistic highs of that market.  It won't take very much for that entire house of cards to come falling down again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Son of A Tiger said:

When was that?😀

I'm old enough to remember when people like Bob Dole, Daniel Patrick Moynihan, Tip O'Neill, John McCain, Russ Feingold, John Danforth, Lamar Alexander, and others were elected to the Senate.  They were serious people.  Grown ups that understood the importance of the job.  I didn't agree with all of these men, some more often than others.  But I never doubted they took the job seriously and tried to do what they believed was good for the country.  

Guys like Jordan, MTG, Boebert, and so forth are the town drunks given way too much power.  We used to lock Otis up in the jail to sleep it off.  Now we send them to DC and let them believe they're supposed to be taken seriously.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2023 at 11:57 AM, I_M4_AU said:

The only way to bring them back is for the customers to complain until they listen.  We are a tolerant group.

Corporations listening to customers? You mean like a few on X? You are a tolerant group? Yes, maybe. A group eager to respond and change due to customer comments? hahahaha  Unless a class action lawsuit gets elevated in federal court, the corporations just laugh it off. Then if they lose a suit in court, the dimes they lose are ignored and they continue on.