Colorado

Barnacle

Watching the Florida game on Thursday night made me a little anxious about this season. Florida fans had high(er) expectations for the season and they look like a bad football team. 

Colorado, on the other hand, gives me hope. I know we are only watching the first half of their first game, but that’s a different football team - like a totally different football team, and goes to show what some hard work in the portal and a fresh staff can do quickly. Where CU will end up at the end of the season, I’m not sure.  But, unlike Florida, Colorado gives me hope that we will become a competitive team very quickly.

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Watching the Florida game on Thursday night made me a little anxious about this season. Florida fans had high(er) expectations for the season and they look like a bad football team. 

Colorado, on the other hand, gives me hope. I know we are only watching the first half of their first game, but that’s a different football team - like a totally different football team, and goes to show what some hard work in the portal and a fresh staff can do quickly. Where CU will end up at the end of the season, I’m not sure.  But, unlike Florida, Colorado gives me hope that we will become a competitive team very quickly.

Good offensive game. Congratulations to Deion. His son can sling it for sure. I miss defense but at least games like this are evenly matched and not one sided. 

• Like 1

Makes me wish we got Deion after watching the stars on that offense...

Looks like Colorado might have the better staff as well as the MUCH better offense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, HabitualChiller said:

Makes me wish we got Deion after watching the stars on that offense...

Looks like Colorado might have the better staff as well as the MUCH better offense. 

They do look better on offense. But that league still can’t play defense. 
Also, I do not regret our choice in coaches. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hope you got a good look at TCU too, although ranked preseason #17 they're picked everywhere to be a Birmingham Bowl caliber team we'd play if we can get to a winning record.

2 hours ago, CCTAU said:

They do look better on offense. But that league still can’t play defense. 
Also, I do not regret our choice in coaches. 

The Pac 12 & Big 12 can't play defense, sure, but we shouldn't act like they wouldn't have dropped 50 on UMASS by the early-3rd quarter. They just have much more talent offensively, and Auburn still looks pedestrian through the air at best. 

Colorado might earn a 9-10 win season if that defense improves marginally on the ground.

• Like 1

Deion ran a victory lap in the post-game though. I listened to several podcasts leading up to the seasonwhere the guys were setting expectations at 2 wins, ceiling of 4. I think they are doing him a favor, bc there is nothing but upside. Obviously he takes it as a slight. 

Could be a weird season. Uga wins potentially 3 straight natty’s, and Colorado still gets twice the media attention. 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Could be a weird season. Uga wins potentially 3 straight natty’s, and Colorado still gets twice the media attention. 

Nobody cares about UGA. They have taken the fun out of college football. I didn't think I'd ever see that happen after Alabama got so good but UGA has made it even worse.

• Haha 2